EVE Fanfest 2020 CANCELED - CCP Anouncement 2020.02.28

Thank you for the early warning. This was going to be my first Fanfest…

It is a good thing I paid extra for insurance. I think I can still get my money back for the plane tickets.

I am disappointed I won’t get to nerd out on my favorite videogame, but hopefully there will still be some interesting videos to come out this year.

1 Like

As one of the ‘elderly’ - ■■■■ you !

6 Likes

“WHO reported Friday there are more than 82,000 cases worldwide, with more than 2,800 deaths.” That makes for a mortality rate of roughly 3.4%…

2 Likes

Removed a large number of off topic/inappropriate comments. Please keep it on topic and civil. No further warnings. Thank you.

4 Likes

You missed quite a few.

Don’t push it.

4 Likes

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

I see things got a little bit heated up on this post, no doubt because of it’s implications, but also because of it’s premise.

Allow me to express my opinion of the Fanfest cancelation:

1 - I think CCP took the right decision. It certainly wasn’t an easy decision to make, I can only assume they had some schedules already put in place and canceling them cost them time and money, but they stood up-right, took the sower pill and made the tough but right decision. Good call.

2 - the decision came in due time. Not too early - they didn’t jumped scared at the first cases in China and they didn’t way until two weeks before Fanfest to cancel it. Again, good time call.

3 - to all of the playerbase flaming CCP for this decision: would you rather had them hold Fanfest as schedule, facilitate an infection nucleus in Iceland, likely infect most of their staff and in effect, affect the well-working of EVE Online throughout the year, maybe through next year, because or developers falling ill and taking time off, I don’t even want to mention possible deaths? Again: good call on CCP’s part.

4 - I hope Fanfest takes place in in one, if not two forms: 1 - youtube/ twitch presentations with devs showing that they do and discussing present and future plans. Side note: I always appreciate the graphics department guys. And I must stress out that if there is no word on lore development, especially the triglavians, I’m really going to be upset. 2 - an in-game event. Something like the Snow-Ball fight in Luminare that took place in December. Nothing fancy, just devs, GM’s and ISD’s logging in and piloting their Polaris ships and doing something with us. We could theme this event something like “Humanity’s will and spirit is stronger than the pandemic.” or something like that.

Those are just my thoughts and opinions.
Stay safe guys… and fly dangerous!
Adrian Vexier

10 Likes

CCP makes sensible decision - riots ensue.

Jfc people, grow up.

11 Likes

What happened? I hear it was a “blood-bath” here.

Got off topic and more about the virus itself with insults and feelings and other usual forum shenanigans

Good call ccp.

1 Like

No further warnings, and there you go giving another :smiley:

2 Likes

This is great news! Thanks!

Not too mention that is not actually correct. The virus affects “older” persons more than younger, but in this case they mean adults not children. Many of the deaths are persons in their 40s and 50s which is hardly elderly.

This is nothing more than another world wide influenza. My planteray attache happens to work where losers of influenza ends. There are small spike, but this in overreaction.

Cancelling divine happening because of insignificant virus is heresy.

1 Like

Similar, like a dog and a cat, both are mammals. In this case both are viruses, but this is not the flu.

Well that’s me dead, you can all rejoice.