EVE Fanfest 2020 CANCELED - CCP Anouncement 2020.02.28

Hello, fellow capsullers!

So CCP just announced that EVE Fanfest 2020, that was due to be held in the beginning of May of this year, in Reykjavik, Iceland, was canceled due to health concerns regarding the coronavirus epidemic/ pandemic.
What do you guys think about this? There is just an announcement article so far, no news about ticket refunds or anything as such.

Here is the CCP anouncement:

and:

Adrian Vexier - “Stay safe and fly dangerous!”

2 Likes

I’ve no doubt that a lot of people will be able to get refunds on their flights/hotels, but I imagine where this isn’t an option for people, they will still use the time to take a break in Iceland. The only difference is that they won’t all be congregating in the Harpa Hall.

:woman_facepalming: wat now?

Maybe later date?

Or presentations on EVE TV?

Free SP ofcourse. ‘Its all CCPs fault’ etc etc

6 Likes

Damn it! This is horrible! And I had tickets and 10 days planned. Damn it! Damn the coronavirus!

for all those that (like me) have non reimbursable flights/hotels
let’s meet in a bar or something

eat, drink, share memories !

Introducing the notFANFEST !

unless it’s a iceland-state-isolation of course !

5 Likes

It is certainly disappointing for those looking forward to it. However from a corporate responsibility viewpoint you shouldn’t be asking employees, presenters, service staff and attendees to voluntarily accept the risk of a potentially fatal, easily contracted illness that is currently primarily being spread by international travellers.

I think CCP acted reasonably promptly here to put the word out, and hopefully it still leaves time for people to adjust plans or to organize a completely voluntary “mini event”.

8 Likes

So many cancelations.
Dust 514 - canceled.
The Aliance Tournament - canceled.
Project Niova - canceled.
EVE Fanfest 2020 - canceled.

What next? I’m afraid to ask…

3 Likes

“ask and thou shall have”

https://www.facebook.com/events/598506767370086/

1 Like

Lets face it, at this point Iceland isnt safe anyway. Nobody is.

They could have go with Fanfest. Its inevitable that this virus will spread on every place on earth where people live, sooner or later. What will people do? Live separately forever after?

1 Like

CCP should really be ready to get F.L.A.M.E.D. over this. This is such a low blow. I must admit, my expectations were truly subverted by this one. Horrible one, CCP. Horrible I tell you!
Full ticket reimbursement, one month Omega and 1 million free SP. I demand it!

1 Like

I really appreciate their concern for everyone’s health and safety. I don’t understand why all of you get so upset. You should really think about it. I, for one, won’t even ask for a refund. Consider it a donation, CCP.

1 Like

I guess all travel to and from infected countries should be banned worldwide.

well… this should have been expected. the pandemic is getting worrying, to be frank.

2 Likes

3 Likes

The “pandemic” is not as bad as people are working themselves into a frenzy over. Most of the victims have been elderly or with compromised immune systems.

Practice a heightened sense of hygiene, make sure you wash your hands with soap and water, stay away from crowed areas, etc. and most of the population will be fine.

4 Likes

well thank you for your voice of wisdom, not sure what we would do without you…

Ccp is offering refunds

We will be refunding all the event ticket purchases in the next couple of days. Thank you for your patience and understanding

and the source of that quote is?..

Facebook. On their official page