EvE is dying

Eve is dead. It will close on 2027.

2 Likes

100% of people who currently play eve, will one day stop playing eve.

most accurate statistic in this whole thread.

3 Likes

When I started to play around dec2013, I remember there was around 60k players everyday.
Please correct me if Iā€™m wrong.

Now it is a bit over 30K at weekends.

So would you guys agree Eve is loosing 10k/year per year ?

Iā€™ve seen a lot of improvements over these 3 years.
But I have the impression most the changes was done for null sec and the big groups of players, big shipsā€¦

Small groups, amall ganks, low skilled people, also needs some ā€œloveā€, otherwise no new player will walk the path to the big stuff IMO.

1 Like

Star Citizen is going to be as bad as Elite Dangerous. Just stay away from itā€¦

The small groups and gangs you are talking about are not ā€œlow skilledā€, in fact they are the elitiest of the elite. 150 mil sp toons flying 3 bil fit cruisers and so on. And a minority so they arenā€™t the 30k accounts missing.

The changes done ā€œforā€ null sec were, aside recent OP buffs/nerfs to rorqs and fighters, also nerfs to power projection and multiboxing tools from couple years ago.
Jump fatigue and range reduction made a lot of NS players upgrade to unsubbed bittervet. Banning of isboxer (and similar tools) cut logged in toons in some corps by 50/90%. Hard to manage 30 miners (or pve nagas) without input multiplication. A few is doable but so tenacious those players quit too.

tl:dr game is more healthy in some ways and dying elsewhere

I was not talking about such elitist group, they have what they need.
Honestly I have nothing to say to the changes done to null sec. But OMG, CCP do changes to other areas too, low sec, factional, easier logistics for begginers. I would remove the security status drops you get in low sec just to invite people from hig sec to have a fight eventually.

I was talking to give fun and content for people that start playing, who maybe doesnā€™t want to wait 1 month to pilot a interceptor just to travel to buy some modules to the local market hub in nullsec.

Or maybe doesnā€™t get fun belonging a fleet to bash a pos or similar.

Or pilots like me ( Iā€™m 50m sp small gank/solo low sec pvper ) which I do my own logistics to low sec with a T2 hauler, but Iā€™m unable to do the same to nullsec due it is needed a Jump freither ( just an example) so a small group of pilots is not be able to deploy some ships just to have a few guerrilla fight in null sec.

I hope the new moon mechanics, will give more entertaiment to new pilots, but I have my doubts. Not sure how many people will feel some excitation mining a moon skin. Theyā€™ll have more entertaiment killing the miners which is difficult with a month of skills.

2 Likes

Average PCU 6 months around when you joined was 43K:

Didnā€™t hit 60K even once in that period, though it was >50K quite often the following February.

I was not too wrong.

1 Like

Is that like not being too pregnant?

2 Likes

I think eve could probably survive right here. Almost. All iā€™ve ever done there is talk anyways. But itā€™s one of the coolest cockpits for social interaction that iā€™ve ever seen. Iā€™ve long hoped that one day CCP would ā€œsell itā€ to the players themselves, have us elect a universal council, and turn it into something phenomenally beyond what it is. BEFORE it would ever die. Itā€™s a cool board room is what i mean. With probably smarter than average people. I always wondered by ā€œbusiness fraternitiesā€ never actually seemed to operate their own businesses. And why itā€™s been so hard for so many Eve fans, to conceive of We owning EVE, and using it for an economic development, IRL. We ā€œCouldā€. Certainly. Virtual worlds are going to have a huge impact on what humanity actually chooses to do/accidentally does IRL. Right?

1 Like

I applaud you for making me log in while at school to like and reply to this comment. I nearly died of laughter at this, i thank you.

1 Like

No, its not, that is not good analogy. 30, 50 or 60 k, the numbers are more than binary outcome.

Anyway, the numbers are down.

1 Like

Whatever. He said he was not too wrong.

But knock your socks off. Itā€™s not critical. Just a bit of sarcasm at the thought of only being not too wrong. Itā€™s still wrong (especially when recalling a memory that was never true at any point since he started playing), just like being not too pregnant is still pregnant.

1 Like

I think he was marginally right.

2 Likes

No problems.

Show me how this statement is marginally right:

When I started to play around dec2013, I remember there was around 60k players everyday.

Around 60K players every day. Every day. Not just near 60K occasionally (not even), but every day.

1 Like

The numbers were >50K quite often. For me it suffices. its less than 10 percent taking into account human memory that is imperfect.

1 Like

Did you look at the data?

It wasnā€™t within 10% of 60K quite often.

It was around 60 K. Just as he wrote.

1 Like

of these 50k+, a lot were bots. if you talk about pcu, always think of the bots and always think of the consolidation ccp pushed forward using MCT, which naturally lowered the amount of accounts available.

Anyhow, you two are gold. not too wrong, marginally right. itā€™s hilarious! :smiley:

PS: to mee it seems that at certain times outside the "PCU"TZ has more players than in the past. the PCU really isnā€™t much of a concern, because it only looks at the USTZ. if there are 10k more in the least active timezone and 10k less in the most active one, people would still scream fire, despite there not being any.

2 Likes

Quote his whole statement, not just part.

It was only within 10% of 60K, 4 days since he started.

But quote his whole statement.

This is one of the dumbest discussions ever. If you only want to take part of what was responded to, then there is no point. I responded to what I responded to. If you want to take something else, then just go with it and be happy.

2 Likes