EvE is dying

You have quoted this yourself too. :grinning:

2 Likes

and what does the last word say?

Then before some other dumb reply, look at the actual data and say he is right. Even he said he was wrong ffs.

1 Like

He was as right as he could have been. :rofl:

2 Likes

Nope, not even that.

He could have looked at eve offline and been right. So not even close to as right as he could have been.

1 Like

Nope, I think he could not. :sunglasses:

If he could, he would. Instead he used memory. Like every other human before internet existed. You have to give that to man, he still makes use of his memory.

2 Likes

I remember before 2014 this game had average 40k+ logged in during weekdays and 60k+ logged in on weekends. Then the log in numbers started declining and have been steadily dropping ever since. Now the log in numbers are at least half of what it was back before 2014.

Don’t care how you spin it or what excuse you post to explain the drop in numbers, the fact is all of the game changes and decisions enacted by CCP over the past few years have done nothing to increase log in numbers or boost player retention.

2 Likes

But increased CCP wallet size so they are happy. EVE is dying? No, but will be harder to find fresh blood in game.

2 Likes

Hmm, not even that, when you take into account financial reports, there is corelation between log in numbers and funds CCP gets from EVE players. Less people playing = less money CCP gets.

The previous year was good because CCP sold VR games. But it was not more than what EVE makes them.

And don’t forget retain current players as well.

Which brings us back to my original statement:

2 Likes

They thought that making fake F2P will change that. And yest, there is loot of new characters but point is that only few of them stay in game and pay. Some professions are so restricted in alpha that you need sub from day 1 or need to do something else.

3 Likes

They have done that to provoke Alphas to be more active than Omegas. I see that the training speed that was halved have done more bad than good. People just added skill and waited untill it will be completed and then lost all will to play because they though this game is about waiting. So they would stop waiting and forget about it. They should have been awarded with faster (normal for Omega) training speed when they would be active.

2 Likes

True. If you want have good experience as alpha, best thing to do is log in day by day and just change skills. And for about two weeks you can even start thinking what to do.
In other side is not so hard to make isk for mini skill injector per 2-3 days as starting alpha. As miner for sure.

1 Like

If “you” want to have a good experience as Alpha, then you need to stop listening to people who fail at playing this game. Instead you have to go out there and simply play with what you’ve got. Opportunities there are many. What’s lacking is people actually sharing and communicating them.

Anyone who only ever walks the path CCP shows them, and then complains about the game being boring, is objectively doing it wrong. Being social, in whatever way or form, creates more content than what CCP could ever offer.

1 Like

lol. I started from beginning few times as alpha starts. And always same thing: you need to stay online 24/h to make some isk or just wait to finish some skills. Talking with friends don’t make your skills faster or more give you more isk.

1 Like

That is your experience and certainly shared by many who do not know better. You’re objectively wrong and dare i say you never even tried. Unlike myself, who repeated the same thing time and time again, with the same success.

I can repeat an experience, that shares the essence of what you can read above, over and over again. And believe me I did so very, very often. The amount of people is virtually unlimited, therefore the amount of opportunities is virtually unlimited.

The issue is in your head and not in the game. The source of that issue lies in CCP, who do not communicate the game (only mechanics); in a big amount of players who only ever communicate that which CCP has laid out for them and partly simply the lack of understanding of “free to do whatever you want”.

People mistake that as “do whatever gameplay the game offers”, instead of “do whatever your heart feels like, simply because you can.” (btw, these pirates aren’t NPCs and the experience itself isn’t restricted to NullSec at all). It’s a systemic problem. Thank you, politics. vOv

PS: Time for some sleep. Then I’ll take care of my thread; it needs updating.

For some people this game can feel like using your wits to stay afloat with a couple of bucks in a pocket.

While majority of people prefer their daily, stable work in corporations, doing the same thing every day.

There are also those thugs that are robbing people’s homes at night, or mugging each other.

And there are fat cats who watch it from above their citadels, cigars in their hands.

And then there is me, watching all of you.

2 Likes

You are 100% right! You judge me and even don’t know me in person. For few words you already know what I think. I will surprise you. You are complete wrong about me and how i approach to game.

The point is, that CCP is hunting for dollars like someone insane. They complete forgot about rookies and they first touch with game. How much time you spend on “rookie help”? Lot of people there are just ask “what to do?”. Not because they didn’t know this is sandbox but because game from first log in put them in some sort of quest/story and they start search how continue it. After first “death” in hive you do carrier agents and SoE. All that time you are guided step by step, from quest to quest and suddenly, bom. You are alone in big world. Sometimes is hard to find your own place in world when you are guided all the time and suddenly left on your own.

Ps. I took quick on your links. And you forget that PvP, low/null-sec is not the only thing to do in game. Lot of us don’t even leave high-sec from few months and we do anything to enjoy that. but limits make this hard.

2 Likes

Yeah, the PCU really only tells part of the story. Without access to CCP treasure trove of data it is hard to find a metric that better describes activity, but if you look at DOTLAN’s data taken from the API, you get a different picture:

Sure, highsec activity entered a steady decline at the beginning of 2014, but nullsec jumps are up almost 25% since then while lowsec is steady (and neglected) as always.

If you look at NPC kills you see something similar trends, although the increase in nullsec activity seems is much larger no doubt because of the changes to capital ships:

You can quibble with how game changes may impact on these metrics, but largely it says that Eve isn’t dying, at least as much as those PCU numbers might lead you to conclude. I do think there are increasing issues with the economy that don’t portend well for the long-term health of the game, and there is a real sense of discontent with the level of stagnation in the game which could be having an effect in recent months in decreasing activity and the PCU, but largely all that has happened in recent years is some former highsec players moved to nullsec chasing the increased rewards there, and some more quit the game entirely for whatever reason. Perhaps because there has been no real new content there? Or maybe it would be more fun to blame CODE.? Or sky high PLEX prices?

Perhaps one can conclude that the previously more popular North American timezones contained a higher proportion of “lower quality” Eve players who just quit in recent years. Or maybe the harshness of the game doesn’t sit well with the coming-of-age gamer from the “special snowflake” generation of that continent so there are not enough replacements for the normal churn of players? Who’s to say really. All that is clear to me is that until we see a steady and prolonged decline across all activity metrics, there is no need to cry “Eve is Dying”.

4 Likes

If you say so. Obviously you know much better and I apologize for sharing real life experience to show you the error in your thinking. I also apologize for you mistaking my words as an attack against you, which obviously has nothing to do with you at all. :slight_smile:

You clearly surpass my understanding of what’s going on. Your ability to quickly look through posts, without actually spending time thinking and reflecting on them, convinces me that I am all wrong; that I know nothing and that we should just let people like you make decisions and efforts in helping this game.

I applaud your efforts, though I’d like some links to them so I can share them with others. :slight_smile:

Good night. :slight_smile:

At least you don’t need to act like troll.

You share your experience and I my. Don’t need to joke from people because they have different opinion.

2 Likes