EVE-O Preview v5.1.0 "Able Actor" (multi-client preview / switcher) [ 2021-05-08 ] + limited Linux support

Is it possible to change monitor for the main window?
Right now it seems to be stuck on monitor 3 for some odd reason.
I know I can move the thumbnails.

Win + Shift + arrow keys should work for moving windows (not only EVE ones) across the screens

Thats an outstanding idea! Thanks a ton!

1 Like

I/m having an issue whereupon each time I close my eve clients the windows all reset to the top corner of my screen. I have done it each time with the 2 times with the checkmark marked and in marked, and it still resets each time, any ideas?

The most possible reason is that EVE-O cannot save its .config file. F.e. you did put it into the Program Files folder or into some folder protected by AV program.

i moved it to a separate folder on my desktop, its working now

How do I configure Eve-O such that the thumbnail does not block actions in the current window? I want to select stuff in the current window but I end up switching clients instead because the thumbnail is in the way

Unfortunately the telepathic co-processor, that will determine whether you want to press thumbnail or to somehow interact with the actual EVE UI below it, is not included into the current release.

So you have by yourself to place the thumbnail windows in the way they won’t interfere with the game UI.

The application cant preview just a certain portion of a window can it? For example just monitor the local window, or does that break EULA?

No. The way it is implemented and the API it uses do not provide a possibility for partial previews/

AFAIK this is prohibited

You can blow up the client to 200% or whatever and hide the rest of the preview behind other windows

Can be easily done w/o any software at all.

2 clients in windowed mode, width set to like 80% of the full display width:

• 1st - put overview to the left, move the client window itself to the left side of the screen
  • 2nd - put overview to the right, move the client window itself to the right side of the screen

So regardless which one of the clients is active, you’ll see the overview of the second one.

I dont know what I am doing wrong. I start Preview then my 2 clients. When I go to my character I dont see any thumb nail, so I alt tab and the thumbnails are there on my desktop but not in the game, please help with this. I and not using window mode is that the problem? Ok I got it to work in window mode but can you hide the white bar at top in other words can you make it not look like window mode?

Try to use the ‘Fixed Window’ mode. It is like Window mode, but without the window header or borders.

Maybe not a telepathic co-processor, but are there any plans to include a ‘click-through’ key option in future releases so that the full screen space can still be used?

Is there any plan currently to add snapping or auto arrangement of the preview thumbnails? A way to “anchor” off one thumbnail in various directions would be very helpful. Maybe with an ability to drag to reorder?

Other than that really liking the program!

Ah, now I see what you mean. Yeah, that’s a cool idea.

In this mode preview windows won’t catch the mouse input, but will still display what’s going on in other EVE clients and still will be working as hotkey anchors.

1 Like

There is a snapping. If you move a preview window and place it close enough of another preview window, the one you moved will align to that preview window after 1-2 secs.

Other stuff - tbh I’m not sure if it is worth the effort.

That would be awesome if feasible - ideally with a configurable key to toggle the mode

I cant get Preview to work when i run games full screen, only works when i play windowed. Is there a workaround for this or is that just how it is? i am fairly tech incompetent and apologies if it says this somewhere i cant find.