EVE-O Preview v4.0.1 "Quatrus II" (multi-client preview / switcher) [ 2018-04-04 ]

(Bubbarabb Stjames) #253

Hello, I am not able to see the game in the thumbnails and the thumbnails will not appear when i open the game. They show up outside of game in front of all other applications but not in game.

(Phrynohyas Tig-Rah) #254

What’s the mode you use to run EVE?

Press Esc, in the options dialog appeared select 1st tab (‘Display & Graphics’) and check the Display mode (the most upper left dropbox) - what value do you have there?

(Bubbarabb Stjames) #255

full screen

(Bubbarabb Stjames) #256

I’m dumb. i see it now. fixed windowed mode it is.

(Phrynohyas Tig-Rah) #257

Definitely no, you are not :slightly_smiling_face: . You just missed a minor and not so obvious thing (after all Fullscreen and Fixed Window look exactly the same from user POV)

(Lillith Sakata) #258

[edit]
I’ve actually noted that it’s just the default character-select window that renders at 0,0, and doesn’t matter if I save the window elsewhere either positive or negative value. What I’d like to happen is that is doesn’t cover up my main window while I’m logging in.

(Helena Tremere) #259

I’m having troubles even launching the program.

A .txt file is created when launched. Here is the contents:

System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.get_DefinedTypes()
at EveOPreview.LightInjectContainer.Register(Type serviceType, Assembly container)
at EveOPreview.Program.InitializeApplicationController()
at EveOPreview.Program.Main()

(Phrynohyas Tig-Rah) #260

You have to install .NET Framework update. Take it from here: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework-runtime

(Serg Sinist) #261

Also, minimize not works good on latest win10 if you not run eve-o with admin rights.

(zuzzik) #262

Thanks a lot, I’ve been looking for this for a long time. ready to donate isk//

(Phrynohyas Tig-Rah) #263

ISKies are always more than welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

(Phrynohyas Tig-Rah) #264

For the future reference:

You start your EVE clients with elevated privileges. Obviously a program started using an ordinary user privileges (ie NOT as an Administrator) cannot do certain things with Admin-user windows. Windows security and so on.

Actually I am really surprised (and disappointed) that Windows did not prevent all access to EVE clients from EVE-O Preview running with lower privileges. Still, that’s a Win security issue and we cannot do anything here

(Arisha Moon) #265

Hi, i am using your great tool and it work perfect! i wanted now to expand my windows and installed eve on second computer and installed same settings as on main computer. when i am using a regular monitor, then the “preview” windows show the correct window of eve. BUT when i am connecting to that computer via remote desktop or teamviewer or VNC etc… it works, but the preview windows are only black :frowning: . do you have an idea?

(Phrynohyas Tig-Rah) #266

Hey

Well, apparently the tech used by EVE-O can’t work on remote desktops.
Wait for the next Beta - there should be a new ‘potato’ mode that should work on remote desktops too (at expense of less smooth live previews, they will be limited to 1 FPS)

(Arisha Moon) #267

and an other issue that i have. when i open e preview. it place often some windows wrong, not at the last position: example https://i.gyazo.com/e57bf53e6eeebe7bd55f58725d05eb38.jpg maybe there should be a template that can be saved and loaded and not autosaved?

(Bullzark) #268

I’ve been using eve-o for the last 4 months without issue. Love the program and pass it onto others to use.

Today, after acting normally for awhile, I encountered an odd error. The preview client window was ‘frozen’ for one of the windows. When I opened the client that had an issue, it would automatically open the other clients with just a mouseover. Usually, I would have to click that for it to work.

I restarted my eve clients, and the problem spread to all of the clients.

I restarted my computer, and again it happened. I uninstalled eve-o, rebooted, and re-installed.

The issue persists.

Any suggestions to troubleshoot this?

EDIT: Fixed it! For some reason, my eve clients reset to fullscreen mode.

(Phrynohyas Tig-Rah) #269

Just for the protocol - EVE-O doesn’t write anything outside of its folder, So just deleting the .json file would be sufficient to fully reset the configuration.

A nice new “feature” of Win10 - if your client (or any other app) is minimized, then Windows does NOT refresh its thumbnail. Literally nothing can be done here. I guess that when an EVE client runs in fullscreen mode, all other clients are being treated by Windows as minimized, thus their previews are turned into still images.