EVE-O Preview v5.1.0 "Able Actor" (multi-client preview / switcher) [ 2021-05-08 ] + limited Linux support

Thx for the fast support!

<3

A sneak-peak on a new feature that will save some real-world energy:

2 clients running (before EOP):

Same clients with EOP :

No forbidden things done with EVE clients ofc, just minimizing the inactive ones while switching clients

1 Like

What ETA of new version?

This stuff is very very nice!
Any idea if it would be possible to lock background client fpd below 30 fps for potatos pc’s?
like select opction to lock it and 10?

There’s a dozen of more funny and way easier ways to get perma-banned than tampering with the EVE client :grinning:

However minimized EVE clients already have FPS below 10. Thats why minimized EVE client window uses way less CPU and GPU than a maximized one.

EVE-O Preview 4.0.0 ‘Quatrus’ is currently in the closed Beta testing phase.

Thanks to @Serg_Sinist for actual the Beta testing and for reporting several issues.

Also thanks to @Dzhus_Tawate for valualble imput on one of the new features.

I’m using 3.1.0 and I’m having issues with EVE-O Previewer launching. I will admit that my use may be a bit odd, but when trying to assign the same client swap hotkey to two different accounts it refuses to launch.

The reason I want this is because I’m trying to bind the hotkey to two different character on the same account so that no matter which one I’m on, it’ll maintain the same hotkey. Is this an issue that can be fixed or will I have to find another solution?

Not expected to work. I purposely won’t allow to have same hotkey assigned to more than 1 simultaneously launched client.

Still if EOP does crash on the startup - that’s a bug and it will be fixed.

Hello, thank you so much for this feature. I have a strange problem - the preview windows keep resizing unpredictably. I set their exact size and location in the .json file (490x270 to be exact), however every time I launch a new EVE client, or I restart the EOP application, there is a small (but significant) chance that they get resized to a seemingly random smaller size (approximately 460-470x100-130). This happens approximately 25% of the time, forcing me to open the config file again, manually reset the size, then reopen EOP. I am using Windows 10 and all my clients and previews are running on a 1920x1080 screen, although I have a second, smaller screen as well. I am not using the ‘zoom on hover’ feature.

Thanks. Will work around that.

Version 4.0.0 is available.

What’s new:

• Optional auto-minimization of inactive EVE Online clients. This allows to save CPU and GPU resources. It is possible to list clients that should not be auto-minimized even if the corresponding option is enabled
  • Thumbnails now snap to each other. This feature is available only in borderless thumbnails mode
  • “Disabled thumbnail” settings are persisted in the configuration file
  • Changed the way thumbnails are updated to better adapt to EVE Online clients minimization and/or slow window updates on undock
  • Client switching (including hotkey-based) is now available even if Aero is not enabled
  • Major internal infrastructure overhaul that allows further improvements like thumbnail profiles
  • Removed command-line option that allowed to set custom configuration file
  • Fixed excessive config file updates when a thumbnail is being moved
  • Fixed possible EVE-O Preview hang-up on slow CPU when switching to a currently minimized client
  • Fixed potential EVE-O Preview crashes on slow CPUs when EVE client is closed
  • Fixed EVE Online window tracking issue when odd values were saved for minimized clients
2 Likes

I used an older version which worked fine, decided to upgrade to 4.0.0 and now its not even starting :confused:

There should be a log file named EVE-O Preview.log next to the .exe. Could you send it to me vie EVE mail?

Also please note - 4.0. requires .NET 4.7 . Try to install this update: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56115

Mail sent :slight_smile: and installing .net 4.7

Great tool, love it. Unfortunately it seems to interfere with my mouse software. I am using a Logitech mouse with the bundled Logitech Gaming Software to bind game hotkeys to the mouse buttons. The software uses profiles bound to the corresponding game .exe file to ascertain which profile to use.

Whenever I switch the active client (either via alt-tab or by clicking the tooltip overlay window) the focus of the game client seems to be stolen for a moment, so the mouse software defaults to the standard profile (bound to explorer .exe). So I have to click somewhere outside of the eve client window and then back in the client window to activate the corresponding eve mouse software profile.

If there is any way to solve this issue, it would be perfect. If not…well, guess not too many have this problem.

Maybe the cause is, that the mouse software can’t handle the speed how tasks are switched, i.e. I click the overlay window - standard profile is loaded -, eve-o switches to the corresponding eve client so fast, the mouse software can’t keep up. Eventually an option to slow down the task switch speed would help.

Hey

I think I’ve reproduced this issue. I’ll roll out an hotfix patch (hopefully today)

Version 4.0.1 is available.

Bugfix release.

Issues fixed:

• ‘Active Client Highlight’ frame is displayed with noticeable delay bug
  • Option “Hide previews when EVE client is not active” does not work
  • Thumbnail can fall behind other windows even if the ‘Stay on top’ option is activated bug
  • Thumbnails can get resized randomly when placed on displays with different DPI

@Tiger_Venn_Ronuken - please take a look. Your issue should be fixed in this release

Unfortunately the issue is still present. It just resized from my usual 490x270 to 472x212. I’m using v4.0.1.

Could you please drop me some info (vie EVE mail)?

I would need to know display resolution and DPI set (I assume they are different on each display)

TIA

Hello, I have a similar problem.

With the 4.0.0 release everything was perfect, in fact it was the best I have ever seen.

Then yesterday I loaded my three clients and the third client preview window decided it would not be the same size as the rest of my clients. It shrank and the border/frame was thicker than the other two but the window size itself remained the same as the other two.

Then as I clicked on the 3rd screen, it would not maximize, it actually wouldn’t let me into my third client at all. I was trapped in space and I couldn’t log off because no access to that client, but it was still running. I had to do end all my clients via Task Manager. I reloaded Eve, started the three clients, then started Eve-O Preview. The same problem was there, it did not go away and I had never touched it because I had finally got everything working the way I liked, it just randomly changed and did not change.

I restarted my computer and the same problem occurred, I was unable to see my third client.

Today I seen that 4.0.1 is available via this post I have quoted. So I downloaded it, ran the application on my Desktop and now I can not use Eve-O Preview at all. The error basically says “Eve-O Preview has encountered a problem and will now close”.

Really bummed I can not use it, it is such an amazing piece of software and I really appreciate all your work on it. Below is the crash log that it generated as a text file:

System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.get_DefinedTypes()
at EveOPreview.LightInjectContainer.Register(Type serviceType, Assembly container)
at EveOPreview.Program.InitializeApplicationController()
at EveOPreview.Program.Main()

1 Like

Could you install this Windows update? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55167

Could you say your Windows version and drop me your config file via EVE mail? The config file is that .json file next to the EVE-O’s .exe file.

1 Like