EVE-O Preview v5.1.0 "Able Actor" (multi-client preview / switcher) [ 2021-05-08 ] + limited Linux support

Thanks. This gives me the needed info to reproduce and fix the issue.

Crash when launching two characters of the same name.
If you enter the game with one character on the main and test server and close the first window, the program will close with an error

Could you send me the crashlog via eve-mail? It should be saved into a file named EVE-O Preview.log next to the tool’s .exe file.

Ошибка легко повторяема. Запустить окно на основном сервере,затем на тестовом с этим же персонажем. Закрыть окно на основном сервере и программа закроется с ошибкой.
Или только у меня так?

System.NotSupportedException: This hotkey was not registered
в EveOPreview.UI.Hotkeys.HotkeyHandler.Unregister()
в EveOPreview.View.ThumbnailView.UnregisterHotkey()
в EveOPreview.Services.ThumbnailManager.d__23.MoveNext()
— Конец трассировка стека из предыдущего расположения, где возникло исключение —
в System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
в System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
в System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
в System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
в MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(Object obj)
в System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
в System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
в System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
в MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
в System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
в System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
в System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
в MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
в MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
в System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
в System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
в System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
в MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
в System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
в System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
в System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
в System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
в EveOPreview.View.MainForm.Show()
в EveOPreview.Presenter`1.Run()
в EveOPreview.Program.Main()

Aha, thanks. Hotfix build will be available in a day or two.

Ага, спасибо. У меня не воспроизвелось кстати, но по трейсу понятно что падает. Хотфикс билд будет через день-два.

Hi, great tool indeed, just a little question is it possible to add some sort of “learning” function to utilize special keys on example gaming keyboards?

Wow! This is the first time I’ve used this. Very impressed. +1

Have you tested this under Wine for those of us that use Linux?

Nope. Yet most probably it won’t work, because I don’t see in Wine sources that it does implement the required Win32 APIs.

I went from having minimized clients that updated every second to minimized clients that were purely static after going from Windows provided nvidia drivers (388) going to up to date drivers and including all of the nvidia settings (398). It also stopped live previews in win+tab and alt+tab.

So it has to be an nvidia controlled setting somewhere but I’ve no idea.

edit: the only setitng that looked applicable at all was the power management setting. Placed on high performance and I also checked the power setting under ‘Windows Shell Experience Host’ which was weirdly forced to Adaptive and put that under high performance too. Neither of these fixed it

Great work!

OP, i have encountered a issue.
Ive playing with one 144hz G-Sync and three 60hz Displays.
After i start EVE-O, i encouter dramatic Framedrops on all, especially the 144 hz display.
G-Sync doenst even work.
Is this issue known, or is it even a windows issue?

First of all, thanks for the simple and much needed app.

But I have encountered a slight bug / fault after I updated from 3.0.0 to 4.0.1:
Every time I switch between the clients all of the previews turn off and back on. There was no such flashing off and on with the 3.0.0. I have “Hide previews when EVE client is not active” enabled.
Only way to “bypass” this issue is to unselect that, but I do not want to see the previews all the time. Sometimes I am idling for hours and doing other stuff on the computer.

Hmm, need to check and possibly add some delay on that check.

Am I right that ALL previews disappear for a fraction of a second? And that they disappear entirely (ie they do not
disappear like ‘the window where preview should be is still visible yet it is blank’)?

Hey. Could you do a simple check for me? Could you instead of launching EVE-O just press Win+TAB ? If the same framerate drop happens than that is a system level issue.

EVE-O Preview does more or less the same on a system level as pressing Alt+TAB (it asks the Windows itself to provide the same thumbnail as the one that would be used for Alt+TAB apps list).

Yes the whole preview window disappears for a fraction of a second and then reappears. If I switch quickly between the clients they will disappear 90% of the times. So I guess you might have to add some delay to that window ID checking.

Edit: Running on 2560x1440 resolution on a 144hz monitor (desktop is set to 144hz too), windowed (but maxed out) EVE clients.

Hey,
ive checked that. If i press WIN + Tab i’ll got NO Framrate issues. (Eve-O is off).
Can i provide you in any way anything?

I think you could also fix the issue by just adding the the preview window processes as a “EVE Online” process in EVE-O. So I don’t get flickering when I click the preview windows, since the focus does actually change from EVE -> EVE-O -> EVE when I switch the clients by clicking the preview windows.

First off, thanks for that awesome tool.

Since today i am getting a wierd “bug”. Once i click the thumbnail of a minimized inactive client it will bring back the char, but the client will be resized and not maximized.

Anyone knows how to fix it?

For a couple of weeks now I can’t use the option “Minimize inactive EVE clients”. When this is activated the previews simply don’t update anymore. They still show, but are frozen. If I don’t activate this option everything works fine.

I suspect it was a driver update or windows or whatever, but I cannot figure out what happened. Any ideas?