EVE Online – July Status Update

And that’s only if you’re lucky.

2 Likes

I’ll give credit where due: Seeing the industry changes and mostly the introduction of new parts to help differentiate T1 subcap from capital production was something I didn’t think you lot had the gett’se to do. I’m glad you did it, though I personally would have went a little further down the line to cruisers and BC’s, then start building out more size and faction specific parts from there.

No matter, you guys still did it, and it was something that vitally needed done, even if doing so was going to make a lot of people angry. Until seeing that change, I’d consigned Eve to the gone and dusted bin. I’m not quite sold on coming back and investing near as much time as I used to just yet, especially since I’ve taken up other hobbies, but keep moving things in this direction, and the game may yet recover. Especially the AT. I know it sounds stupid and silly and pointless to a lot of players, but for old dogs like me, it’s one of those things that was always there and always fun to set aside a few weeks to watch and hang out in VC with the guys and yeah, it needs to come back.

There is still a lot of work to do, but these last few updates actually sound like you’re aware of that now, rather than screeching at us the game is fine, just buy more plex and injectors and it’ll all be great, etc. Could do with cutting back some of the plexvertisements and so forth yet, but I guess I can’t expect Rome in a day.

7 Likes

If you want to move around simply close your eyes when you jump through the gate. It is something that would be easy to do and the sound effects allow you to know when to open your eyes again.

Cheers,

You can turn 3d scene off when jumping through gates (default Ctrl+Shft+F9)

Don’t play the game more than a month. Don’t want. Not interesting any more.
I’m disappointed in MMO games at all. You don’t think about how to improve the game process itself, how to make it more interesting and comfortable but just how to extract more and more money from players. All your “upgrades” and “improvements” make the game process less comfortable, worse and you don’t wish to notice that. We don’t play but just farm ISKs. All the time. I’m tired of this.
I stopped play MMO-games and go back to a regular PC-games.

8 Likes

No, i live in hisec.

yep to late, all my industrial friends stop paying subscriptions like at start hahahaha

2 Likes

I’m a 2004-era player who started playing less and less about 3 years ago. 2 years ago I stopped logging in except to adjust skill queue. Early this year I gave up and unsubbed something like 10 accounts. I’m a casual miner, in that I enjoy drinking a tasty alcoholic beverage while manually running my fleet in highsec and chatting with folks. Don’t get me wrong, my characters have PvP skills and some experience (mostly from way back in the day), but I just prefer the whole casual industrial thing.

I have a lot of free time lately and I’ve been considering a return, but I’m personally not seeing anything that would tempt me to come back. I’d like to, but it really sounds like my preferred playstyle just isn’t wanted by CCP any longer, so I’ll find something else to do with my time and money.

9 Likes

What’s to prevent you from casually running your mining fleet in high sec and chatting with people? Just asking becauseI don’t see how your playstyle has been disrupted.

“Casually” is the key word here. Nothing casual about having to move 10 chars around every few minutes because rock sizes are so small they die in 1 or 2 cycles.

I don’t have references on hand, but CCP Ratatti has stated that he wants to remove low interaction gameplay, i.e. casual, and we know a rebalance of all mining ships is coming in Q4. So if I wasn’t already playing, I would also be hesitant to bring a mining fleet online to casually mine until I knew what was coming in a few months.

2 Likes

I guess when I think casual, I define it as not really having a concrete objective. Just sort of see what I can see… Probably not the definition everyone uses. Low interaction is a different definition for sure.

It will be interesting to see what the mining rebalance includes as it is apparently paired with the end phases of scarcity. I can’t really picture what will change with the barges and exhumers.

I really hope they don’t mess with the Venture too much though. That is one of the absolute best additions to the game. It looks so cool, is so flexible and useful for exploring so many aspects of resource harvesting. Such a good thing for newer players, and experienced people looking to ninja mine can really make some good money with it. It’s in that perfect ‘useful but not game breaking’ spot in my opinion.

1 Like

Being the pessimist I am, I expect a nerf to the primary role of all the barges/exhumers, the removal of mining for all industrial command, but I think the frigates will remain generally untouched, except for maybe the conversion of their cargo holds to be resource specific and therefore removing their versatility.

3 Likes

TIL.

Yeah, let’s hope they don’t wreck them even more. I still cannot believe the whole ‘der shield ship have 1 mid slot’ thing.

But to your response, yes, if you’re a guy who just likes to shoot the crap in HS mining and chatting, probably best to stay in alpha for now and wait to see what CCP does. I know I used to do the same with a few of my chars and if I were to do it full time, I would not yet be convinced myself.

1 Like

I suspect casual in this case means no-Intel low-effort.
My recommendation to the dabbler is to scheme large or don’t bother.
Big dreams burn best.

CCP: Keep on destroying high sec. Destroy more and more miners, industrialist in high sec. and player number will only drop.

Only show true reality how we came from 64k players online to less then 24k players.

2 Likes

Tinfoil Hat Theory, they are chasing away industrialists so that they can justify selling ships and equipment for PLEX/RL money.

4 Likes

I would not be surprised and at that point EvE is effectively dead for alot of people.

2 Likes

Edit :
The coding is even more worse then I expected in spring.
Just came back after the summer time and reactivated my Epithal.
Not only that the boat hast still two full functional WCS,[several month after reporting that].
No I can undock it from stations too.
Just store the Epi in a Orca or Bowhead , undock the frighter and then drop the Epi in Space.
Pretty sure a Frigate with multibes WCS that will work fine in the escape-bay :wink:

Great job CCP, great job.

2 Likes

If we are supposed to get a big mining update in Q4, when are we going to get an update? There are only 10 weeks left in Q4 and we haven’t seen an update, discussions, or testing yet.

2 Likes