EVE Online – July Status Update

do you agree with this updates?

It’s an update - not sure what there is to agree or disagree with in it.

2 Likes

I’d be VERY careful what I wish for. Just because CCP reworks something does not mean it gets better.

6 Likes

Looking forward to scarcity ending as an industrialist. Two things to look forward to in q4, Minecraft 1.18 and the end of scarcity. o7

I’m not in favor of ending scarcity, it feels as if the current economic state is healthier then ever. At least what CCP should do is not to add as much ore as they did in the past. In a nutshell ships shouldn’t be throwaway items and “already replaced” memes.

1 Like

More importantly, they shouldn’t cost so much to replace that people won’t undock. Balance is a very long way off.

4 Likes

I read the update now, and have been disappointed pretty much.
It’s too abstract, and is full of your CCPs’ self satisfactions and deception.

As always, community sentiment and discussion are taken very earnestly, and the commitment to nurture, grow, and expand EVE Online remains as strong as ever.

As always, vacuous words repeated ever since the " rapid release ".
I really wonder why you don’t respond or reply to the communities feedbacks on the forum if you really take community sentiment and discussion seriously. Regardless of whether you adopt feedbacks or not, at least you should react in the verbal communications.

Late last year, the first steps of the Redistribution Phase were taken with several changes aimed at the goal of creating ‘Primary Supply Zones’ to give value to all space in EVE.

Could you explain why there are no exclusive / main supplier of mineral allocation for the w-spaces ?

That said, the beauty of EVE is that there is always more to do!

Yeah and did you review your updates ?
Did any of the following updates add anything meaningful and positive impacts to the game ?

• Tactical Capsuleer Recloner
  • Battleship Escape Bay ( It’s quite interesting that escape bay is banned from AT17 )
  • Metariminal Storms

Finally, we can’t wait to meet with you in person in 2022 to talk more about EVE and what is upcoming for the game – but more on that later!

I don’t think EVE in critical situation as much as salty people refer to though, it’s this is too late.

1 Like

Ye but you aren’t one of ccp’s much loved nullbears…

I have 3 million Nocxium I mined in fleets with corp mates/blues. You don’t know what you’re talking about.

Cheers CCP, I mean we all knew you had it in for solo players but I for one didn’t realise you were going to make it that obvious…

4 Likes

I do. This form is a Parana tank, only volunteers go in.
Communication is an issue they will try to address with the new Pulse / CCPTV. I can’t see it working myself but am willing to be surprised.

As a member of CSM you not anymore a “normal” clone around here…

I disagree with that contention, but regardless - I don’t see what there is to agree or disagree with in this update.

Well the numbers of M1 computers are growing rapidly… Intel is going to a slow death with the x86 architecture.
It simply needs to have Wine with a compatible architecture - This is what they are using now but for x86 macOS. I know they tested in April 2021 the M1 native client but I have no news since.
An update would be nice… Not everything is Windows :slight_smile:

Sure, but the overwhelming majority is, hence why supporting other things gets put on the backburner

Not as rapidly as you think, and even then its mostly just going to replace the exist mac users, which is still a tiny percentage of the playerbase as most people who actually want to game primarily just don’t buy macs to begin with

lol citation needed, x86 is going to be around for a looooong time

Okay, a few things.

One; the NMC (Native Mac Client) is not being built for M1 silicon. It was built for Intel.

Two; if you looked at the right forum subgroup, you would see that @CCP_Caffeine has replied and provided updates. He was hoping to have the NMC, ready for a second play test announcement last week. AFAIK, that did not happen but could happen this week.

I do agree with you that the M1 is not growing as fast as some people see. But, the max player base can’t be that tiny of CCP is putting the man power and money into a native client. Other MMO developers are removing their Mac Wine clients, while CCP is building native. Something has to be there to motivate them to spend the money.

Because after 17 years there isn’t much more for them to do, and its a learning experience for any future projects

I mean, that doesn’t mean its the “smart” thing to invest resources in, there are reasons we don’t have native linux clients for games, especially in franchises that used to ship a native linux client on the disc, Unreal Tournament 2004 for example, i mean fair play for them doing it but its not exactly going to change that much

They have engineers who know the writing is probably on the walls for EVE so are skilling up at the companies expense to pad out their CV’s while learning new things, see now if the likes of Epic and EA were making a push for mac support then you might have a point, but in this case its a small developer with an extremely niche game

With the rebalance of all mining ships, is there any chance that players are going to have a chance to provide input or are we going to get a dev blog 2 weeks before the changes go live?

Not that they listen to feedback and bug reports even if they are posted during a pre-release test period as they release the stuff with the bugs and issues anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Two weeks notice!!! From what I can see, we will get a dev blog two weeks after they go live, then have to wait 1-300 years for the bugs and issues to be fixed.

We love you CCP.

4 Likes