EVE Online – July Status Update

I take it you don’t mine?

So does mine, try undocking it.

He couldn’t have made it more obvious if he tried.
Nobody who mines would even mention Procurers and Skiffs.

1 Like

The only people who don’t mention Procurers and Skiffs are the people who don’t leave high sec.

A small fleet of Procurers fit for defense is really very dangerous. And since they’re mining in low/null/WH, they are making more ISK than the Hulks in high sec.

@Jhousetlin_Zamayid actually mines so much that they should be a bit embarrassed!

2 Likes

You see, here’s the point: it’s very dangerous for things THAT AREN’T ASTEROIDS.

You can’t make more ISK than hisec in null, since null mining is officially dead.
You can’t make more ISK than hisec in wh, because wh mining is severely limited and doesn’t have much high value ores either.

And in lowsec… well it’s lowsec, you have to roam it for a decent mining anom, and nobody does that, MER and mineral supply indicate that very clearly.

The only way to make more than hisec is to find a Crok/Ochre anom. You don’t have it? You are making the same in hisec, but only sitting in a ■■■■ barge in a middle of space inhabited by crazies, instead of relative safety and supply chain of hisec.

1 Like

Your assumptions about the mining environment clearly aren’t based on experience. You’re just repeating things other people have said without looking into it yourself.

You want to mine in highsec in a maxed out Hulk, go for it. But don’t pretend you know how mining works outside of highsec.

Plus, there are so many unique possible encounters in Eve that there is no ‘one right way’ to do things in this game.

o7

3 Likes

They should either bring back drone minerals or revert mining to how it used to be, tbh. (or maybe even both!)

1 Like

Please note I never owned a rorq. It’s a barge account.

There are people who actually mine, and there are people who blabber. I’m of the former.

2 Likes

On my main i mine in a skiff in high sec.

But going by what you say am not a miner. lol

5 Likes

I find these guys tacking about mining to be entertaining. Anyone who has played EVE long enough, knows HS is more dangerous than LS, NS or WH space. Any other space other than HS you see someone you don’t know you safe up, re-ship etc.
HS is full of gankers, some known others not so much. So depending on what I am doing, and who am with, depends on what exhumer I use. The point being for 90+% of mining people probably do it in a proc or a skiff. CCP has the metrics they know the most common mining ship.
Funny thing, I did more mining in bulk with a hulk than a skiff.

1 Like

That is not HS being dangerous, that is people in HS being lazy and careless.

Like I said, if you wanted to make a statement rather than profit, and ok with ganking yourself for the amount of yield you lose by not mining in a proper barge, you can totally use a Skiff.
But I would still hesitate to call it “mining”. Self-ganking is more like it.

1 Like

Stop playing the game wrong! Stop playing the game wrong!

:wink:

5 Likes

And bragging about it.

2 Likes

No, not really.
After sendeing the BR, this topic was done for me.

And sorry for the late respond, but in the actual state EvE is not able to catch my attention for more than one or two houres in the week.

Fly dangerous, or enjoy the sun, what ever you prefer ^^

Don’t need to undock them, cos they are undocked in space.
Acutally, my Indu-Accounds are disabled, but when I was doing PI in J-Space I had a POS.
And it worked fine with several pilots, storing in a SMA or placing unpiloted under the FF.

In case I should return to EvE I could try to move them by a Bowhead.
Did you try to do that ?
Pretty sure it will work fine.

The point is, that the coding is crappy bad.
As I mentioned in my post in June, CCP changed a Input-Parameter of a SubClass.
And I wrote, if you do that you MUST enforce that latest with the next restart of the server.
But they coupled this change with an Event-Trigger.
If I am able to bypass this trigger, (or my ship is beyond of ) you have this nonsense.

Hello!

I don’t know what to think about this all set of updates. For sure is nice for a few, namely (it´s just my 2 cents) for those that live in null and in wh. All the others that wanna play a sandbox game, CCP is saying this “don´t live in HS even if you want to”…

I´m a simple miner that enjoys mining in this game just for that… I don´t care the war, the backdoor stuff… I just wanna mine. it´s simple as that. Now I read that mining ships will be rebuffed… And why? Cause the game allows you to have a lot of accounts and use them, and thus appear the bots accounts… So you see the sky full of orcas runned by 1/2 guys, but they are flying 10/20… So whats the solution? bad Orca… You are too damn powerfull… shame on you… Whats this? So CCp is telling me that I can´t play just with one account… be a sucker and buy 2 or more, and run a bot corp. Why? It´s legit… right…

But, this doesn´t matter, right? The most important things are null and wh… The majority of the elected come from this areas, so this is far more important than the rest… and then theres this scarcitiy issues… And I wonder why, right??? CCP is killing the miners in HS, the ones that play fair (yeah… there is one or 2 around here), but eih… thats not an issue right? HS had Gas? Not anymore suckers!!! Had anomalies? Capoww… Not anymore! You wanna do this? Go to the elite ones that live in null and wh…

Yeah, this game is becoming greater and fairer for sure… but not for miners, namely those that prefer and want to live in HS…

But, yeah this isn´t about null or wh… why wasting your time reading this CCP?..

I’ve had similar things happen when subscriptions end without my noticing, if I’m in space in a ship an alpha clone can’t fly I can still fly it. I assume this is to keep people from just losing expensive stuff and getting pissed off.

Imho just another attempt to hide bad game-design[Alpha-Clones] behind even worse programming[can’t jump in, but can still use it]

Just like when you forgot to fill up the car before you set up direction to Alice Springs.
The tank is dry, but the cart is running fine.

Trust me, I would love it, if the world would work like this.

Reading about the scarcity is it seems to cause more people to quit or cut back on time and not do as risky of game play. The saying has been don’t fly something you can’t afford to loose, and when ship prices rose while the “income faucets” were decreasing that meant that players either switched to cheaper ships (fewer capitals flying) or quit doing the activity because the risk reward balance shifted. So while faucets were limited the sinks also decreased. One of the things that keeps a game healthy is a balance between the solo players and the mega alliances.

To promote Capital engagements in war what if the Capitals could by pass a structure reinforcement timer. If capitals are fielded by the attackers then the defense will be forced to respond in kind otherwise they are at greater risk of loosing a structure. It would also help with the attackers being able to get fleets together.

For new player industrial players there needs to be something that allows them to make isk while at the same time doesn’t let them keep dependent or out performed by the high skilled. It feels currently most bonuses and market is controlled by the large null sec alliances. I know mining has some manufacturing missions but maybe another group of agents that focus on manufacturing items.

Would be cool to see a T3 mining barge that continues the expedition frigate but becomes expedition barge with the ability to fly a covetor cloaked. Also there are a lot of combat boosters why not add some mining and industry boosters.