EVE orchestra - mining & industry tool

Very interesting looking tool! I want to echo the others in the thread however, until I can take a look “under the hood” I am skeptical of adding my own Endpoints into it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

:loudspeaker: Update

Hey everyone, the fall was unfortunately a bit stressful for me and I could not work on the tool for personal reasons. But in winter I finally got the chance to release an update. Now that the thread has been reopened, I can also inform you about it.

• New features
    • Blueprint Calculation: EVE-Orchestra now has a blueprint calculator. You can search for blueprints or directly open the blueprints in you own and see required resources.
      • Search for blueprints or use own blueprints from your blueprint collection.
      • Set material and time efficiency.
      • Set structure conditions.
      • See minerals, ores and parts you need.
      • See the expected price of the needed input. (Currently not working with T2-T3. But for T1 and Capital)
      • All actions will update the URL and you can share your settings with your colleagues. Example: https://eve-orchestra.com/v/industry/blueprint-calc?blueprint=24484&me=8&te=10&str=sotiyo&rig=2.4&sec=2.1
    • The market overview has been improved. You can now see trig ores and also filter by lowsec.
  • Bug fixes
    • Fixed an error within the automatic updates.
  • Other
    • The update / char sync sequence has been reduced. The growing number of users and my current infrastructure have forced me to perform updates hourly rather than 15 minutely. At the same time, I doubled the servers. But even that will not last forever.
    • Added some helpful placeholder for reprocessing inputs.

Thanks for your support and feedback or ideas are always welcome. :hugs:

:loudspeaker: Hey fellow pilots,

after I evaluated a little bit the usage of the different orchestra modules, I noticed that the :factory: industry and :safety_vest: mining modules are the most frequently used.
This means that the personal usage of orchestra outweighs the corp usage. To be honest, the corp modules are not as mature as I would like them to be.
This is primarily due to the fact that I miss an active exchange with an interested corp. I can only develop features and use cases that are really wanted and needed through direct dialog with consumers.

Nonetheless, I’m looking for your feedback. What features would you like to see, what would make your everyday life easier? Where can I invest more time?
Are you an active miner, researcher or producer? Or are you a corp CEO? I would love to hear from you.

Preferably via Discord :slight_smile: in-game mails are also welcome A'Drian Torres.

Today I have a little update for you.

• New features
    • Blueprint Filter: You can now not only sort and search your blueprints, but also apply predefined filters.
      • Researched: show only max researched blueprints (me: 10, te: 20)
      • Category: show only ships or charges (more categories will follow …)
      • Size: show only specific sizes. Currently there is only all. But will add this in the future. For ships there will be sizes from Frig to Titan, for charges from Small to XL, and so on.
      • Merge Same: Merge blueprints from same type, same research status and same runs.
  • Bug fixes
    • There was a problem with the communication to the eve api. this resulted in many thousands of incorrect requests and the temporary blocking of some sync processes. I was able to fix this issue and the number of faulty requests has been reduced to a normal amount of noise.

I would appreciate your ideas and feedback. Have a nice sunday!

Your tool seems awesome but as long as you dont allow people to host it themself, that will not be used by the large majority of New Eden players/alliances. No serious alliances will give you their Intel.

That being said, good work =)

1 Like

Just tried logging in, twice, but got a 500 server error each time. I’m on a Mac although this shouldn’t make a difference, right.?

:mouse:

Hey, I think that was just bad timing. Can you please try again? While you tried it, I just had problems with the character API. Thanks for letting me know.

In the meantime I had correct logins again. Should work again.
If not, feel free to come to my Discord and write me. Then we will find out what is wrong here.

1 Like

Same issue error 500 on login, Cinnabar also doesn’t work.

• New features
    • Blueprint Collections: You can now share your blueprints with your corp mates. There is an extra flag for this in the settings. This allows the easy exchange and the search for a special BPO to get a copy. More features will be added in this area in the future!

• You can now export blueprints as CSV

• The Researched filter in the blueprints module has been extended. you can now display not only maximally researched blueprints but also explicitly unresearched ones.

• Bug fixes
    • There was a bug that caused errors (code 500) when logging in. This error could only occur during registrations and happened about 10 times during the last year. The error occurs when there is a problem with the EVE API during the creation of the first / main character. Unfortunately I can’t fix this completely, but there is now a better error message and an automatic process that cleans up such failed registrations and allows users to try again. Sorry for this! @Kaine_Darkheart

I would appreciate your ideas and feedback. Have a nice week!

:loudspeaker: Due to today’s patch day also a small update from me:

• All new blueprints as well as the reworked recipes of the existing blueprints are now live :tada:
    https://eve-orchestra.com/v/industry/blueprint-calc?blueprint=57508&me=6&te=4
    • Currently I’m still working on generating reasonable prices for all the new items and blueprints. I expect this to happen within the next week. The same applies to gas :chart_with_upwards_trend:
  • Some technical debts were solved.
    • The backend framework has been updated to the latest version. This corresponds to two major versions :rocket:
    • Some bugs in the communication with the ESI API have been fixed.

Hey, is there an option to self-host yet?

I’m looking for something just like this, but we have our own server and would like to host it ourselves…

Great work so far btw :slight_smile:

Hey, thank you for this warm words :slight_smile:

Currently I do not plan a self hosting variant.

• New features
    • You can now change the main character.
      Screenshot_69

• You can now delete characters.

• The blueprint calculator now has better prices for new materials.

• Bug fixes
    • Several minor bug fixes
1 Like

• New features
    • Created a Discord bot. Now you can authenticate yourself via a command in the discord and get roles.
      The Discord bot enables many new features and connects the web app with live communication. I look forward to expanding it’s capabilities in the future.
      discord
      discord-2

• A new category to filter blueprints: Drones & fighters
      category-bpo

• Industry jobs are now proper sorted by finish date per default.

• Bug fixes
    • The EVE API has decided to stop always sending the x-pages parameter in their responses. This caused the blueprint sync to be broken. This is now fixed.
  • Other
    • The add character tile now stays even if you already have more than one character in the system. Earlier this disappeared and you could only add characters via the upper right box.

• New features

• Industry Corp Jobs have been revised and are now active again.

• Industry Jobs

• Now show not only the end date but also the remaining time.
      • Implemented first filters for industry jobs
        job-filter
    • Blueprint Calculator has received some new features:

• You can now see the estimated installation costs. Getting a reasonable value here was harder than I thought. Even ingame the breakdown shows not fully comprehensible values. Here an example:

If someone can explain me how 332863 * 0.0053 becomes 1775, I would be very thankful :slight_smile:
        Nevertheless, in most cases, we are now extremely close and the value is available
        install-cost

• You can now set the system (cost index) and the facility tax. This information is necessary for a accurate install cost calculation.
        sys-tax

• You can now also choose reactions / formulas :man_scientist:
        reactions

• Bug fixes

• Jobs were not sorted correctly by their end date. While the date was taken into account but not the time. this is now fixed
    • Finished but not delivered jobs were sometimes displayed incorrectly. Occasionally, finished jobs were displayed as delivered even though they were not yet, and vice versa. This now runs much more reliably.

• New features
    • Industry Jobs

• There is now a heatmap for upcoming jobs. This simplifies the information retrieval when which character has to be logged in.

• Industry jobs now have a countdown that actively ticks down.

• The table for jobs has been completely redone. It is now much more powerful and it can be searched / filtered in several columns at the same time.

• :tractor: Planetary Interaction: A first set of PI functionalities are now available :tada:

• See all your planets from all characters in one table.

• See which planet is active and which is not.

• :construction_worker: Following functions are still under development and the scope as well as optics will change soon. :construction:

• View details per planet.
        • Search for systems and see which planets are available.
  • Bug fixes
    • Improved the calculation if an industry job is done or not. The fix has been deployed for several weeks and no false positives have been reported since then.
  • Other
    • Discord invite link has changed: https://discord.gg/s6GjnDqPXV
    • Static dumps have been updated. Available items are up to date.

Very nicely done. Just started using it.
Would love to see the addition of Ratting

1 Like

This time a small update :slight_smile:

The corp mining module was pretty much one of the first modules created and the focus was then for a long time (driven by demand) rather on industry jobs, blueprints, PI and other more individual driven industry features.
Certain parts did not work properly and new features / improvements for this module were not available for a long time. :frowning:

So I sat down the last few days and cleaned up the mess. I was able to simplify a lot, solve some weird issues and now finally make it reasonably usable. :tada:

What this module enables you to do:

• Track mining entries of members, not only those on moons.
  • Set a percentage tax and automatically tax miners’ activities.
  • A comprehensible breakdown of debts/credits.
  • Automatic acquisition of transfers and assignment to players.
  • Get a general overview of the mining performance of the corporation.
  • Monitor profitability of moons.

I am still looking for corporations that are interested in testing this module and expanding it with me.
If you have any questions, doubts, ideas, just talk to me directly.
I always have time for a personal conversation and I’m happy about every exchange.

1 Like