EVE Planetary Planner

@Py_vanPy I have uploaded a new version 8.6.7
It looks like I forgot to show planet-loading-related error messages.
Can you get the new version, try again and post-paste the content of the API window here. The window where it shows the loading status of each planets.

Sorry I haven’t really had time for EVE in the last few days. I don’t know what you did, but now he’s reading in the planets correctly.

But now it crashes when I want to open all planets except the first.

No error messages ?

No, just a crash.
The only thing that still happens is that the 2nd planet is dragged onto the symbol of the first and then shortly afterwards the crash occurs

K, I’ll take a look at it tomorrow and try to reproduce the behavior based on what you said.

@Py_vanPy I am trying to reproduce the issue, but so far no luck.
Can you give me a step by step? or a screenshot of the UI right before it crashes ? (“2nd planet is dragged onto the symbol of the first”)

The first is after the API Import, the programm lost the API Key after the crash.
The second ist after opening the first planet.
The third is befor the crash, by clicking on second planet.

I downloaded EPP2 (v8.6.7.0) a couple days ago. API works fine; imports my planets. As soon as I click on any planet in the Planet Plan to expand the hierarchy, however, it silently crashes out. Same as you, @Py_vanPy, the app loses the API key. I’ve tried running the app as Administrator and that doesn’t solve the problem. I did save the Planet Plan to a file, tried opening that up without API key and it crashes still. I might try deleting the install and starting fresh, next.

Looks like it could be a useful tool if the crashes were resolved. Appreciate the time and effort @Ideki has put in to this.

Deleted and started fresh. On first startup it asks to download new files, which I approved. First screen to come up is the API tab, I clicked on Add and received this error:

Version 8.6.7.0

Failed Add API

Could not obtain a connection to database ‘DB_110275_epp’ on server ‘tcp:s16.winhost.com’.

at EVEPlanetaryPlanner.RegisterAPIPopup.LoadAPIData()
at EVEPlanetaryPlanner.MainWindow.TextButton_AddAPIClick(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)

I closed the error, clicked on Add again, API authentication worked. Planets imported in Planet Plan. Clicking on any planet results in silent crash.

The app saves changes (everything from windows position, to API keys…) only when it closes.
I will change that to at least save the API after it was loaded successfully.

As for the database connection issue, it might be my database host that is messing up.
It happens from time to time unfortunately.
As you discovered, trying again usually fixed the issue.

Thanks for the detail @Ideki on the database. Retrying is not an issue, I can live with that; more concerned with the silent crashing. Is there a way to turn on some logging to find out what’s happening? Looks like you put a lot of effort in to this!

@Sabezan_Khurelem I sent you an in-game message, can you take a look at it?

Ok.

Good news, I found the problem thanks to @Py_vanPy
Slightly bad news (for me) I need to brainstorm to fix it :smiley:

The problem lies in the ‘Reorder Plan’ algorithm.
It is the part of the tool that tries to put the structures in order of process to better see the progression from extractor to storage to factories and such.
This algorithm is always called the first time you load a plan from the API and expand a planet.
That is why you experienced crashed when you clicked on the planet.
That algorithm was always a bit wonky because I never took the time to really polish it with all the other things to fix first.
It actually works for simple planets setups.
Once in a while I get people who like to do crazy things with their planets.
But that’s ok, it’s part of the fun. :slight_smile:

So I am going to fix tit to work properly.
Might take me a bit of time, might not.

Stay tuned!

1 Like

Version 8.6.8 is now available.

• Added more detailed error messages when loading planets from API
  • Improved Reorder Plan algorithm
  • Fixed an issue with icons appearing blurry
  • API Keys are saved as soon as they are added
  • Fixed a bug preventing to remove API keys
  • Fixed a bug when loading a plan saved with the ‘Use with Production Plan’ option

Big thanks to @Py_vanPy and @Sabezan_Khurelem for their help in reproducing the issue.

1 Like

I have to thank you!
I’m only the one who gives you extra work :wink:

As soon as I have tested your HF, I will let you know

Hah, fixing bug is no extra work from you.
Adding features is :wink:

Can confirm the planet expansion (reorder plan) now works! THANKS!!!

Woohoo!

I am trying out the application for the first time now. I am using 8.6.8 on Windows 10. However, the crash bug on reordering still happens with me.