EVE Vanguard - Player Feedback

Just got finished Downloading EVE Vanguard.
First Impressions:
Tried to use my X-Box Controller on my Windows 11 PC as most First-Person Shooter Games are Preferred to Play with Controller Over Keyboard for Casual Play.
Left Thumb stick = Movement
Right Thumb stick = Not Working - Should be for Aiming Crosshairs / Currently Have to Use Mouse - This Function Needs Attention Right Away in order for me to Further the Experience of the Game
X = Reload - I suggest this be a shortcut to Interact
Y = I suggest this be a shortcut to Reload
A = Jump
B = I suggest this be a shortcut to Switch Ammo Type
Left Trigger = Aim Down Sight
Right Trigger = Fire Weapon
Left Bump = I suggest this be a shortcut to Torch
Right Bump = I suggest this be a shortcut to Heal
Select = I suggest this be a shortcut to Tap for Quick Map and Hold for Full Map or Tap for Full Map and have a very small square map on top left quadrant of screen that does Not rotate when you turn but points an arrow in direction of where you are facing so you not get lost or turned around North always points up.
Start = Menu and then A to Enter/Select and B to Cancel/Exit or Start again to Exit
Left Thumb Depress Click = I suggest this be a Toggle Sprint
Right Thumb Depress Click = I suggest this be a Melee Attack
D-Pad Up = None - I suggest this be a shortcut to Contracts
D-Pad Left = None - I suggest this be a shortcut to Crafting
D-Pad Right = None - I suggest this be a shortcut to Equipment
***D-Pad Down = I suggest this be a shortcut to Inventory - Currently it is mapped to Crouch
Conclusion:
All in All - I see potential to having fun with EVE Vanguard but I Understand it still needs time for further development. With its current state I cannot progress very far in the game I seem to die within the first few min with the keyboard and mouse and the controller setup the way it is so I cannot Complete a Contract or Explore the Map.
To the Developers if you are reading this, please put some time into making the game be controller friendly and I can then provide further feedback on experience.

1 Like

Because we don’t have any reports for it in this forum yet, feedback and further discussions about Vanguard should best be done on the Official CCP Discord Server.