Eve! What have you done?

for F1 blob to win a fight following must occur:
someone with knowledge of the game, needs to design a fleet doctrine, some other folks need to amass resources to actually get that fleet fitted to the doctrine, then FC needs to take his fleet of F1 monkeys and guide their F1s to the proper target, and even then you still need at least minimally decent broadcasting discipline and decent logies to go anywhere with mythical “F1 blob”.

All while enemy devises his own doctrine, deploys his own fleet and will try his best to ruing your day.

Well ok, you could also hope for enemy fleet to be absolute retards that can’t even lock the same target and press F1, but actually hoping for that is simply stupid.

BONUS POINTS:
Things that “F1 monkey” is required to be able to do, that are non-trivial for inexperienced players.

1. Track the FC broadcasts
  2. Lock targets as FC calls them,
  3. fire on them
  4. be able to switch target on demand of FC

All of the above while paying close attention to enemy fleet to broadcast for reps when primaried and only then.
bonus points for doctrines that are not cap stable where you also need to pay attention to that and broadcast need for cap.

I remember on my first fleet action I was constantly yelled at by logies for not broadcastin fast enough, because just following order of targets to fire at given by FC was consuming all of mine attention. And you can’t just pay your way through it, you need to just grow experienced with fleet actions.

3 Likes