Event Feedback - The Skilling Spree Returns!

This skilling spree idea what the most awful daily quest i ever seen (also adding daily quests into eve looks like VERY bad idea).

Sy, Noom.

Thank you CCP. I appreciate the free skillpoints, definitely helps my Alpha alt characters advance a little bit faster.

I’m a vet. and I’m ok with this.
Vet or not the event is now, so new player and old player can do it if they want.
If I’m miss some day of the event I still sleep well.

Yes the past in 2005 when I start was different, now we’re in 2019, that’s ok, did this hurt you so hard ? Chilll and play how you want.

4 Likes

I see that you’re complaining about spoiled bittervets in just about every post here, but bittervets aren’t even at the biggest loss here, people who got handicapped the most by this event are those new players who went to w-space or nullsec in their first few weeks as they can’t kill sleepers or belt rats in Delve in their T1 frigate. And bittervets are complaining because they have indy/market alts who have limited skills, yes they can still run L1 missions (I really hope that CCP will tell us after the event end if it caused a spike in number of L1 missions being run) but they are still going to be very ineffective with limited gunnery, targeting range and drone control range skills.

Yes I know I don’t have to run the event and EVE isn’t all about SP, especially in injectors era. I have decided to run it on my high SP characters since it will grant them a free injector after 10 days. But the last time I ran it even on my alpha characters who were below 5 mil. SP to speed up their training. This time I won’t be running the event on my sub-5 mil. characters, it’s not worth it. People who play EVE mostly to rat will probably enjoy the event, but I rat just enough to fund my other activitites. And why we need another ratting event, doesn’t EVE already have enough people who don’t do anything but ratting? I much more enjoyed those events where you could steal the reward, giving you PvP opportunities even in highsec.

Complaining about “free SP” in the world where skill injectors exists is just silly.
The only problems I have with event - it’s lazy as F and misleading you into belief what you have similar chances to get 10, 25 or 50k SP, while in fact it’s more like 90% for 10k, 8% for 25k and 2% for 50k chance.

Sure, they just trying to inflate login numbers, but who cares.

Guys I didn’t understand what am I suppose to do in order to get the exp

2 Likes

What I’d like to know is whether is it safe to start training for force recon on my alt. Because we are technically still in the era of chaos, right? Where CCP is allowed to make stupid moves and then take them back. Not that I complain about taking back blackout - CCP would have lost me without that move. But are the cyno changes something that stays? Difficult to say when game developers throw predictability over board intentionally…

Come on…even a 1 day noob in a t1 frigate can do lvl 1 sec missions with ease…

You even can do t1 missions in a t1 industrial if you like too…

All the “problems” you bring up are just advanced claims because you don’t like skilling spree at all.

You cannot move out of your current position a couple of jumps to do lvl1 missions somewhere?

Come on…

This point alone devalues your post…

Well…

First of all…

Taking back blackout was the WORST thing CCP ever did…
It was nothing else than a genuflection before the goons and their csm dominance.

And…to disturb you even further…CCP already said between the lines that blackout will return in another form to stay forever…

Good decision in my eyes…

For all the other uncertainities you imagine…

Who knows…this(Chaos) is EXACTLY what was greeted with applause by many here…
Now you all got what you asked for and the complaining starts…well done boys…

You can only blame yourself…

Like when you get call from some bank and they give you personal offer. You dig deeper and they present this personal offer to every client of their bank.
:+1:

Well what is your problem about how many got the offer if the offer contains better conditions than your current deal and something free ?

The message to you IS a “personal” one :slight_smile:

How is this “bad”?

It was a move that made them lose their face. Do you think they would do that lightly? No, it was a necessity. You don’t fix the blue donut problem by making nullsec the worst place to live in. Talking about Goons - I think they handle their power much more responsibly than CCP. The trauma of chaos era probably caused much more damage to EVE than the blue donut ever did.

To address what problem? It would certainly be the wrong way to get rid of people printing money in rorqs and supers or with botting.

I never called for chaos. It’s the worst idea ever. It takes a year to change a neural remap. What does this tell you about this game?

If other players shatter my dreams and long term plans, that’s fine. Maybe I planned carelessly. Anyway - I can try to get revenge. If CCP shatters my dreams and long term plans, which are based on their game mechanics - or even make planning futile - that’s something entirely different. You absolutely don’t want players to take revenge on CCP by quitting. And this is what way too many people did recently. I hope we can recover from this.

1 Like

What you fail to see here is that YOUR dreams are completley irrelevant to a game that has to survive in a shrinking mmog market…

Things have to be done beside ones little demands and yes they will hurt badly to some but still those are irrelevant too…

And bowing down to a group like the goons is the exact opposite of what should be done…

CASUALS are the market and this means exactly what it sounds like…

Concentrate on high,make high safe and let null do its own thing but strictly seperate the two with the buffer zone of low where both groups can prosper…

You would say it is like this already…

But you are wrong because if i say “make high safe” i actually MEAN it…

No PVP,no gate camps,no ganking but still all the benefits…even lvl 5 missions belong to high…

THIS is the only solution that would safe the game from further player loss…fully concentrate on high and if null dies in the process…who cares…

1 Like

Complaining about “free SP” in the world where skill injectors exists is just silly.
The only problems I have with event - it’s lazy as F and misleading you into belief what you have similar chances to get 10, 25 or 50k SP, while in fact it’s more like 90% for 10k, 8% for 25k and 2% for 50k chance.

They should probably do the following which build on each other, so you can get 50K SP if you do all the 3 stages.

• 1 rat, 1 hack or 1 pvp kill = +10K SP
  • 10 rat, 5 hack or 3 pvp kill = +10K SP
  • 100 rat, 10 hack or 5 pvp kill = +30K SP

Those changes will at most bring some players from MMOs like WoW which is the last thing EVE needs (as if we already don’t have enough of them flooding rookie chat with question on how to do a “quest” or how to join a “guild”). I’ll rather see EVE die and Tranquility going offline within a year than seeing CCP trying to do any WoWification of EVE. And EVE is an old game, at this point CCP can’t do anything that will attract many people who haven’t tried it yet, even making EVE F2P with Alpha accounts only increased number of players a little. CCP should concentrate their efforts on keeping bittervets interested in the game, they are the ones keeping it alive, not some casuals who will play the game for maybe 3 months and then switch to some other MMO.

“WOW like” players = millions

bittervets = maybe 5-10k…

And you really try to tell me CCP should concentrate on the bittervets in a shrinking mmog market?

Really?

WOW…

1 Like

Replace “SP” with “ISK” and you might get the idea.

Yes. Because “WoW like” players already have WoW, and they should continue playing that game instead of coming to EVE.

2 Likes

Well, I have a small problem.
3 days straight, I have allocated 10k skill points to the same skill and that skill has NOT reduced at all.
The skill points are noted as used, but the time to finish the skill has not reduced at all.

Somebody has forgotten to apply the last step in the program.

you take a ship out of a station.
you destroy a Non-Player- Character (computer run) ship
open your character sheet to look at “skills”
in the bottom/left corner, a flashing block shows you have ‘unallocated skill points’… click it.
Now the unallocated points are available to your character.

1 Like