Event Feedback - XVI Anniversary Celebrations!

Are you kidding me? Case by case basis?

Lets ignore the fact that it would take months, possibly a year to sort out all the potential cases.

All it takes is one. One person, who outlines what he did to get the reward, and post it on reddit.

Everyone else from that point on, would follow his instructions. And if CCP were to say no, to any of them, that would be unfair, would it not?

What, did you expect CCP to ask you to send in the death certificate of your recently departed loved one? Did you expect CCP to ask to send them your hospital bills? A note from the doctor? And do you understand how absurd it is, and how much backlash CCP would get, in asking for that as proof?

Just recently, Bethesda was both under scrutiny and mocked for asking players who were banned, to write a 500 word essay on why its wrong to cheat in a multi-player game. And they were mocked relentlessly by the media.

So please, do tell. How was CCP supposed to make a determination on a case-by-case criteria to begin with? When two people are claiming their parents funeral prevented them from being in the event? And one, or both, could be lying? When even a hundred people could claim their parents funeral? And what if one of them was telling the truth, but the other 99 were lying?

Please, share with us, how CCP would determine the liars. Polygraph test? Torture?

What if im in the hospital for over 3 weeks. What about my predicament?

You were lucky. You only in the hospital for 1 week. But i was in a much more dangerous, much more serious accident, and i was in the hospital for 3 weeks. There was no way I couldve made the event in time.

And this outlines the biggest problem of all.

You can, and people do, have commitments that end up lasting multiple weeks, even months. And there will always be someone, who, even if the event lasted for as long as you wished, will miss out on the event.

For the guy who was in the hospital for 3 weeks, 32 days wouldnt have cut it. For him, it would be reasonable to last 2 months. 32 Days isnt enough time for him.

And he would be here, just like you, and be saying “CCP should take into account my real world events, 32 days wasnt nearly long enough, I needed atleast 60 days”.

What do you say to a person like that? What about the real world events of someone like that? Why arent you considering him, and his predicament, and stopping it at 32 days, and not 5 months?

3 Likes

Leave it to players to take a “Good will gesture” and complain like they deserved it.

1 Like

My money directly contributes to this company’s existence, so you are damn right I expect 100% of the entire “Good will gesture” like I deserve it.

EDIT: The fact that CCP isn’t bowing and scraping yet is a disgrace.

So you think that if youre subbed, you should get all the rewards from all the events, even if you werent present for them?

You know what, youre right. Come to think of it, I didnt participate in the halloween event last year, because i couldnt be bothered to do the sites. But I should receive all those rewards, including the ones that drop within the site, too!

Infact, I missed out on quite a few of the events, because the sites just took too long. I expect all the rewards, including x100 of the accelerators, still active of course, to be in my redeem box tomorrow.

Haha you’re still actively watching this thread and responding. Not a single byte goes past Solonius Rex in matters concerning whiteknighting and internet arguing.

1 Like

But of course. Im the guy that stands on the corner of the very, very dangerous intersection, stopping passerbys from hurting themselves, when they walk into traffic.

Its a thankless job, but someones gotta do it.

3 Likes

GM told me to post in this feedback thread.

Eve has always been a game aimed at mature players. The skill system is a core component of this; those of us who travel for work, or have families and so can’t login for a daily grind are at no disadvantage. I set Caldari Frigate V training and I come back a month later and it’s done.

These type of login rewards, where you have to achieve a certain amount to get the best rewards, is completely counter to the design principles for which I chose this game.

I first was able to log in 9 days into the event, due to travelling for work. I am therefore totally unable to recieve the best rewards in this anniversary event.

I have played this game for 15 years. I resubbed after a period of substantial RL work commitment and I came back to this event. I am letting my sub lapse again in 6 days.

4 Likes

You know, some of the events that have been going on for years and years, give bonus rewards to people who log in, and complete a number of sites.

If youve really played this game for 15 years, im sure you wouldve noticed these events, did you not? Were you complaining back then, too?

It would be a lot simpler if “booster” didn’t refer to at least 4 different things in this game, but… alas, it does. (Boosts as in command bursts, formerly warfare links, but both before and after that change, boosts is what most people I’ve heard on comms call 'em… and then the various forms of drug boosters, from agency to oldschool to skill accels to the standings ones now… egad!)

Um, I don’t think agency boosters have ever been in our redeem queue directly, but I’m pretty sure a crate that could have them inside has either during christmas or this birthday celebration… and also as event rewards.

1 Like

Welp… thanks to new developments, I suppose I have to retract my “that wasn’t a lie/screw-over job by CCP” quote above from 6 days ago.

I wasn’t sure that had happened as I finished on the 17th or 18th or whatever day it was you’d finish if you did the first possibly 16 days getting your 16 gifts, BUT…

I was double-checking that I’d gotten all my gifts into the redeem queues on all 3 of my toons over that last weekend and I too noticed the “2 days left” on Saturday become “23h left” on Sunday morning effect you just alluded to, I thought that was a bit strange… but kinda like how some oven timers show “2 minutes” for a whole minute and then when it should change to 1 minute it immediately starts 59, 58, 57, etc. seconds countdown… so not entirely unexpected. But come on, the entire day it said 2 days left, they could have just had it say “1d 12h left” instead and remove all uncertainty.

Also, most CCP event timers end on Tuesday morning at downtime, so… not sure why this event couldn’t have just lasted until the usual Tuesday downtime patch day type situation as well. Jeez.

1 Like

You couldn’t claim the final gifts on the 20th because you’d claimed the 15th set of gifts on the 20th already.

As I believe Solonius has in part been trying to explain to people, each day’s gifts were available from downtime to downtime (so not midnight to midnight EVE time and certainly not your own local time, but 11 AM EVE time to 11 AM EVE time).

You could, for example, have collected day 5’s gifts at 10 AM EVE time and then day 6’s gifts at 1 PM EVE time 3 hours later, because a downtime had taken place. But you couldn’t then get day 7’s gifts at 10 AM EVE time the following morning despite it being 21 hours later and technically on the next day your time (or EVE time), you’d have to wait until after the next day’s downtime at 11 AM again.

In short, you couldn’t collect 2 days’ worth of gifts on any one EVE day (from server downtime to server downtime), you had to log in at LEAST once per day you wanted to get gifts on between the downtimes.

Yeah, I think people just expected from the “May 2nd to May 20th” date range that they’d have 19 login windows instead of 18 login windows to get those 16 days of gifts within. And the “3 days left, 2 days left… 23 or less hours left” login window timer probably didn’t help matters much. it should have shown days/hours or just hours left before the final 23 hours, if not the entire 2+ weeks and I think a lot fewer people would be feeling cheated here.

I got all 16 days of gifts myself on all 3 of my accounts, but I fully understand those that weren’t able to, especially those that got 15 days’ worth and thought they were going to be able to get the 16th day’s presents as well only to find out at the very end that they weren’t, since there were 2 things about how CCP structured this that were somewhat grey and confusing for some.

2 Likes

@JustaTina_Mena, I’m sorry you feel like I missed your point. I went back and reread your post, and I guess I’m still missing.

For the record, I agree that it was a poorly designed event. I agree that it was poorly communicated.

The event did however, run exactly the way it was advertised, even if you did have to read very closely and be familiar with downtime resets to understand how it would work.

I still believe that your desire to have seen individually crafted responses and remedies from the support desk is unrealistic. You are correct that I do not KNOW the numbers of support personnel or the numbers of tickets submitted.

What I do know, is that no company that makes a profit has more people working a job than needed for an average days work, and it’s often a little less than that.

Clearly this event produced far more tickets than normal daily business. Resolving them would than take far longer than normal while normal daily business stacked up behind them.
I’m not simply “giving them an out”. I’m just saying that what you expected is not possible in any type of time frame your would find acceptable.

It’s the 16th anniversary, CCP chose to come with a big reward for It’s custumers… Easy event, just need to connect and claim the rewards… Nothing obliged them to do that… We pay each month to play the game and we got what we pay for…

So those rewards were just cherrishs on the cake. A nice gesture from CCP… And at the end, CCP is going to regret it because a lot of people are complaining and threat to cancel their subscription….

Some people failed to reach the last day because of Everyday life commitment… It sucks, I agree, but that is how life goes… In our life, we all have missed opportunities because of work, family duties… some others failed because they miscalculated. there are more than 350 posts above explaining how this event worked (and it worked like every other events in the past: starting an event or closing it requires update on the server so those events Always starts and ends during the DT period at 11:00UTC).

Now it sucked for those who missed the 1M SP reward but there will be others events (wait for the 17th anniversary). But with so many complains, maybe there will be no such more events or crappy rewards… Because the more you give and the more you want to please people, the more they complain and draw critics at the end… Sad…

4 Likes

I log in every day now to read Solonius Rex’s replies in this thread. I know the guy is right so I am waiting for myself to come to his way of looking at this. Still I just sit in station twirling my ship for few minutes then I just log of and go about my day.

1 Like

I stand corrected, but I know what I meant and clearly so did you and you have used it in a lot of your arguments to other posters here. For instance, that bollocks you spouted about having no recourse if you spent a month in hospital during the celebration and missed out as a result of your stay. That is a position no-one has argued for except yourself. As far as bad faith posting is concerned, you have made and continue to make plenty. When you deliberately misrepresent another poster’s point of view you are acting in bad faith; it’s part of this tactic you seem to be deploying in order to further the attention on you. I have fallen for it myself admittedly but after this, no more. No matter how much prodding and posturing you engage in.

1 Like

Actually, no. I wasnt the first one, someone else posted that first:

And someone else posted this recently too:

So it didnt start with me, and it certainly isnt ending with me either.

But I feel as though youve sorta missed the point of my post, entirely.

It doesnt matter if its hospitalization, death in the family, going through Chemotherapy because of Cancer, working outside the country, etc etc etc, there will always be some portion of the player base that will not be able to make the event because of real life commitments, real life tragedies.

And if we end up saying “Okay, you had a death in the family, so you should get all the rewards even though you missed 2-3 days of it”, then, even if the event had gone for 30 days, wouldnt it be just as fair to say “Okay, you had a hospitalization that lasted for 2-3 weeks, so you should get all the rewards even though you missed half of it”?

And before you accuse me of “Going to the extreme” by bringing up deaths in the family, etc, etc, look at this guy:

Can you point out an example?

1 Like

yeah this event download kept me from logging in for the first 5 days. I didn’t get the grand Last prize

Get lost you filthy casuals! If you can’t login daily for 2 weeks straight - you’ll get lump of coal and faction ammo crate… And just look at everyone else getting their shinies… You won’t get em… And I’ll mock you again and again every time you log in for the next few weeks… Your precious so close… yet out of reach…

Thats how I imagine this event designer thought process…

3 Likes

I had a few beers last night and logged on as usual. For the first time since the events conclusion I undocked and managed to have a bit of fun. Solonius Rex’s arguments are much easier to digest once you are inebriated.

2 Likes

Everything is better with weed and booze.

2 Likes