[EVENT] The Stuff of Nightmares

But what about the puppies?

And the puppies :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for doing this, Lasa. It’s been a while since I could really cut loose on the grim. I had a lot of fun composing my costume this year.

I … did actually do this. Sort of. Kind of.

Hey, should we maybe like post a gallery of people’s costumes?

2 Likes

Go for it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well … let’s see, then. I kind of don’t want to post pictures of people without their go-ahead, but here’s mine:

[Image file ((edited to remove references to scent, which the image does not convey))]

For the Stuff of Nightmares masque, Aria’s costume is … bloody. Her diminutive self is covered in it, slathered in it; dried or semi-liquid, it coats her, tints her normally-pallid face and hands carmine, cakes her hair and clothes.

Beneath this sanguine coating (probably fake), several transformations.

Her eyes, beneath thin, black eyebrows (subtly feathered on the left) are silver-black, the irises huge, the whites not visible at all. Her lips are thin and pale, colorless relative to the overall coating of red on her face, but the teeth behind are sharply-pointed, and transparent, as though molded out of glass.

Aria’s forelock, with the rest of her hair, is slicked back into a sort of ragged crest. The sharp-eyed might note a few black feathers among the strands. More feathers are visible at her left shoulder and here and there in patches across her outfit, bordering on and intermingling with patches of dark scales that appear also beyond the line of the garment at her throat and right wrist, blurring the line between garb and flesh. The outfit rises almost to her jawline, and with some attention to detail a turtlenecked top falling to the hip and trousers or leggings can be picked out, but the black, blood-drenched fabric plastered to the twiggy form beneath further blurs the line between what is worn and what is grown.

Her hands are small and ash-pale beneath their ruddy coating, each finger tipped with a dark, gore-encrusted talon. Her feet are lightly shod as though for dancing. Those are perhaps the most unambiguously human thing about her.

While it’s plain that the blood is mostly not hers, the wretched creature seems not to have escaped entirely unscathed, not that she seems to mind. Scratches or cuts are visible at left cheek, left jawline, and the back of the right hand, each seeping a substance like black ink that crosses the drier patches in drips and combines in whorls with the wet, black mingling with red.

5 Likes

I came dressed as Nauplius, a reflection on the fear of Irrelevance and Unoriginality that seems to plague many Capsuleers

2 Likes

Do you still have any shots of it, my lord? I might be able to find some from my logs…

If you can beat me to it, feel free to upload them first, especially the Vacant Throne

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.