Events for Sci-Fi movie/series and Real Life Aniversaries

How about (reoccuring?) events for the date when a Sci-Fi movie or a series came out?
All players will be told in advance by email or ingame notice.

If it was… say ALIEN, people are given coordinate to see “Nostromo” fly by. Stop. Eject a small transporter to a planet. Return after a couple of minutes. A few minutes later the small craft escapes the area and “Nostromo” self-destructs.

If it was Star Trek, one could have an encounter with the BORK-Cube, one of the Enterprises and or an Imperial Klingon Vessel.

Firefly

Star Wars. People could join in blowing up the Death Star. All being Player killers or having a Bounty of a certain number and above on them, may only choose Tie-Fighter at the nearby station. everyone else are free to choose Tie-Fighters or Rebel Ships. Just like when people are able to click on “Board my Corvette”.
Coordinates will be given and only Tie-Fighters and Death Star will be able to damage Rebels and Rebels vice versa.
Players not meeting at the scheduled time, will have to wait until New Battle in an hour.
Players participating will not receive PK or Aggressive marks.
Players and Death Star participating are immune to all fire from vessels not participating.
Players not participating are NOT immune from ANY fire.
Once chosen the “faction” cannot be changed.
Player in Faction craft cannot harm any vessel other or station outside event field, nor use stargates.
StarDestroyers are NPC controlled as are the Death Star (or players able to fly Titans able to control Star Destroyers?)
Only one battle per player. Once played the ship option disappears.

On July 21., the date of the moonlanding, the command- and moon module of the SATURN V Rocket could fly by and orbit a moon.

April 12th, a Vostok 1 could orbit a planet to commemorate Cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin - the First human in space.

Any other?

This …
Is a bad idea.

Please explain why…
I am curious of your reasons. Just “No” is not productive.

Completely throws all pretense of in-universe world building out the window. I mean, I know CCP doesn’t really care THAT much about consistency of canon these days but this is still kind of ridiculous.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.