Evolving EVE: A Universal Income

Some people cant make do and mend.

That attitude needs tidied up first.

Oh, btw.

This might be on-topic.

The Great Reset | World Economic Forum (weforum.org)

In ten years (ha, far less) you will own nothing
… and they claim you’ll be happy …
… and all it costs is your complete privacy.

1 Like

Sounds like a bargain tbh

A universal income, in itself, isn’t enough for a person to live on. It only acts as a supplement to raise the baseline quality of life. Someone earning a universal income, and having no other income, would literally only have enough to physically stay alive, that’s it. Anything more wouldn’t be a universal income, but rather welfare. What I’m considering in EVE would also only act to raise the baseline quality of life of the poorest players. It wouldn’t be enough to buy decent stuff, by itself.

It’s okay, when the revolution comes, I’ll be perfectly content with merely renting the bullets.

3 Likes

Historical evidence suggests otherwise.

Privacy is just a smokescreen people use to conceal their failings from others.

Therefore previous generations didnt know “how bad an idea is was” because they did it.

So what? Whats the problem? You havent been specific.

So therefore they didnt know. Your english isnt this bad, come on.

Did you take a big gulp of Raging Boomer juice when you woke up?

1 Like

Poor player can afford $5 worth of plex.

If we stupidly ignore the decades in which everyone knew how bad of an idea it was …
… yes, then you’d be right.

But if you wish to pretend all these people don’t exist … go ahead.

I’m deleting my posts, otherwise I’m just going to get this thread locked.

I suggest you do the same.

You said generation"s" before.

So given theres been two generations after the war, not including Stalinist Russia and Atomic America where the same thing happened inbetween, you are incorrect saying previous generations knew, when they did it anyway.

And continue to. And did it before the war too.

And you are being assumptive that its in itself bad

I believe the math disagrees.

If the universal income inflates currency by 1-2% total, logic dictates that price indices would at most rise by the same amount (unless there’s some extremely weird compounding going on, which means the underlying economy is flawed/sick). Let’s go even further, in your argument’s favor, and say that the price hikes would be uneven, with the low-end rising more than the high-end, which makes sense, as low-income earners tend to consume low-end goods.

Even if the low-end gets bumped up by, say, a very unlikely 10%, then a huge swath of the lowest earners would still be better off with a universal income, as the 10M ISK or whatever they would get would considerably exceed the 10% increase in market prices. A person earning 100M ISK per day would break even, and anyone making more than that would lose out in this scenario. But anyone making considerably more than 100M per day would hardly feel the impact of a 10% increase in market prices. And if the increase in prices is closer to the increase in monetary inflation, then even players earning a few hundred million ISK per day would still be breaking even with a universal income.

So I don’t believe that a universal income would have a tangible effect on prices; its overall economic impact is simply too low.

1 Like

Its bad your feelies got hurt, yes.

But they were unable to make you comply, so who cares?

Yes, but not very much of it.

It’s not about my feelings.
I do feel like you don’t get the point, though.

When you were living with the Nazis, you had to comply.

It doesn’t matter if I don’t follow the Nazi-line when there’s no actual consequences for that.
In China, as real life example, people with too low of a Social Score aren’t even allowed to do certain things anymore!

You have to fall in line, or else!

Several nations and many thousands of Resistance fighters disagree.

1 Like

That’s kind of ironic coming from someone that calls anyone whose opinions he doesn’t like a fascist.

It’s hard to take you seriously. You are either a master troll or incredibly stupid.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Okay so how do you handle people creating more and more characters as a way of gaining income?

Did you not read my posts? Omegas only. Obviously limited to one per subscription, similar to the reward queue. I’m thinking multi-character training would open up additional universal income lines though.

Fine. Why not have it. I’m going to clean up my posts so you can keep having your thread.
I need to go shopping now anyway.

@Ramona_McCandless I can’t tell you what to do, but I still suggest you do the same.