Executioner

I would like to get some advise on the Execuctioner for both a small gang tackle and as a potential solo PVP ship. With this fit I have 7m 40s cap. - but I need a 3rd mid slot, didnt go with a web as to short range.

First the fit. I have come up with the fit below. My thinking, in a solo situation was to use it as a kiting frigate.

Executioner

[Executioner, Executioner]

Damage Control II
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I
Layered Energized Membrane II

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Warp Disruptor II
[Empty Mid slot]

Small Focused Beam Laser II, Imperial Navy Microwave S
[Empty High slot]

Small Kinetic Armor Reinforcer I
Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints I
Small Processor Overclocking Unit I

Highs:
Beam Turrets for range and multifrequency for damage, I figure if i am trying to keep between 18/20km’s away the multifrequency is fine as I get 23.1km + 3.12km range with those.

Mids:

• MWD to keep speed up

• Warp Disruptor II as it has more range than any of the other T1 options.

• Tracking disruption to stop them hitting me (so much) although they should be out of range anyway

Lows:

• DC just for that extra damage mitigation

• Aux Power Core as I lack PG without it otherwise

• Energized Membrane for tank (or would it be better to go for agility like a nanofiber or interia stab?)

Rigs

• Kinetic Armor rig - a token rigs just to increase tank in that area

• Small Low Friction Nozzle for agility

• Small Processor Overclocker - because CPU is crud too.

The Theory:
Look for slower, cumbersome brawler frigates to enage, things like Merlins for example.

Any thoughts appreciated (as well as a 3rd mid slot suggestion)

1 Like

Fit does look pretty good, as for mid slots you could do the tracking disruptor or maybe a sensor damp. Where do you plan on looking for fights?

Don’t use an Executioner for solo, it doesn’t do enough DPS to kill anything on its own other. It’s a tackle ship for a reason.

Gah Matar would disagree with you. As would some others.

Zkill
At Op: look up his zkill and you find a viable solo fit for doing things the hard (fun) way.

Tiercide was a wonderful thing.

A whole bunch of kills on poorly fitted ships. Wow.

Not all of them. This is definitely a viable ship for solo. The highs and mids you have put together are very good, but I would definitely scrap the lows and rigs. First the lows. DCU is decent, but I think you should consider how much this ship relies on tank, and whether the DCU will make any difference whatsoever once you start taking significant damage. The DCU does open up hull rigs as an option though. Since this is a kiting fit, you do not want to waste any alots on fitting. If you have PG problems, compact the MWD. If you were using a T2 MWD in the original fit, never do that again, especially when you have engineering modules. If your engineering skills are not maxed out, especially Advanced Weapon Upgrades and Powergrid Management, do that immediately. Fit a Balmer Series Compact Tracking Disruptor or a J-5b Enduring Warp Disruptor to cut down your CPU usage. Compact the Damage Control, as you do not need the benefit of the T2 version. As for the other low slots, use a heat sink (CPU allowing) and a Nanofiber Internal Structure II. If you cannot fit the heat sink, fit another Nano. As for the rigs, you can use a Small Energy Burst Aerator I, a Small Polycarbon Engine Housing II, and a Small Transverse Bulkhead I. The Kinetic armor rig cuts your speed and agility significantly, and is not worth the specific resists.
Fly Safe!

Navy slicer is a better option and essentially can be fit the same way

1 Like

@Daoden thanks for your replies, FW space would be where I am going to look for fights and whilst ill probably get some slicers too they are significantly more expensive in comparison.

@Scoots_Choco I know the DPS is low but it is a learning curve and am hopeful that I may be able to explode something, I will be using it for tackle in small gang with my corpies.

@Master_Sergeant_MacRobert thanks for the tip, ill have a look through his kills, it will give me a good target profile too.

@Nujenif_Talvanen - thanks for the tips, ill read and digest them and see if I can alter the fit slightly, the MWD is a Compact one anyway, that is my go to for frigates generally. Engineering is maxed, AWS and PG management maxed too.

Not a fan of the compact DCU because of the price. I left the Disruptor II on for the extra 4km range over the J5. heat sink wont go, its 14% over on CPU, I even tried Small Foxused Modulated Energy Beams and the CPU was over (and 15 DPS less on a ship that already has low DPS), also went with the plycarbon I due to pricing.

Ended up with this. CAP = 1m 20s with Balmer on (2m if off) stable with MWD off - 165 DPS unheated, 486 volley. total estimated cost 7.6m (wanted to keep it below 10m). but will also fit out a ship based on the suggestion of to person @Master_Sergeant_MacRobert mentioned

Executioner v1.1

[Executioner, Executioner Tackle/Solo]

Heat Sink II
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I
Co-Processor I

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Warp Disruptor II
Balmer Series Compact Tracking Disruptor I, Tracking Speed Disruption Script

Small Focused Beam Laser II, Imperial Navy Multifrequency S
[Empty High slot]

Small Energy Burst Aerator I
Small Polycarbon Engine Housing I
Small Transverse Bulkhead I

This looks better than mine actually, more DPS (171) and CAP lasts 5m 50s. I think I am more likely to go with this, the original fit had the J5 which makes the cap stable, but i may mix and match.

Gah'Matar's Executioner

[Executioner, Gah’Matar’s Executioner]

Extruded Compact Heat Sink
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

5MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Warp Disruptor II
Small F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender

[Empty High slot]

Small Ancillary Current Router I
Small Energy Locus Coordinator I

EDIT; I just noticed that the type of crystal used effects cap too (I dont fly many Amarrian ships), ill play with the crystals too.

Should be able to kill AB frigates in lowsec with something like this

[Executioner, Kite Test]

Damage Control II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Small F-RX Compact Capacitor Booster
Initiated Compact Warp Disruptor

Small Focused Beam Laser II
[Empty High slot]

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.