Ok, I got your attention. New player, only an Alpha, have finished doing the level 1 missions. Reached the point, I want to just jump down a few wormholes, see what’s there and have some fun. From a practical point of view, I am never going to win a fight PvP or PvE (from what I read) no matter where the wormhole takes me. As such, my thought is to not even bother installing any offensive weaponry on my ship, only add something that helps me run away. Does my logic make sense?
Secondary question since it just happened: I took out an insured ship, went down a wormhole, got killed. Once I got home, I got the insurance money and purchased the same ship. Then Aura? advised me I had items I could claim. The items looked suspiciously like the items, which were mounted on the ship I just lost. Is that a game mechanic or something to do with insurance?