February 2018 Release - General Feedback

Well then… I retract my previous comments. Thanks for pointing that out.

Wow. I just tried to right click the escalation card to warp to the location … and there is no Warp To option. I actually have to open the card to click on the button… and the game literally needs a second to process this button click. What is this? :thinking:

I have a few thing’s though most are small some are trivial so good patch guys.

Citadel point is a problem for those just warping to citadels to look or follow make it so that is disabled until the citadel takes damage.

I want my blue lights back. The blue lights looked so much better than the orange we are stuck with now. Just have it blue and then change to orange if the citadel is attacked.

And finally. Get rid of that “Vulnerable” tag. POS’s are vulnerable 24/7 we don’t need a tag to tell us so. So get rid of it on the citadels it’s just another thing to clog up the UI.

1 Like

Totally unprecedented (for me), a second piece of positive feedback: thanks for fixing the skills window’s projected time calculations :slight_smile:

1 Like

At first: thanks to CCP Lebowski for patiently answering every question!

Playing since three years now I observe a stepwise downgrading of game performance. Yes, I know, the game is, technically spoken, upgraded during that time. But hardware requirements went up so much that I have to switch off all effects and play in potato-mode only. So I can’t see if the other ship has a hardener running or receives remote reps, for example, at the same time my CPU runs way more hot then ever before. With February release the CPU heat reach a new high while I’m already at the lowest possible graphic setting.
My hardware is Mac, OSX 10.13.3, i7 (quad core) 2,6 GHz, 16 GB RAM, monitor set to 1920x1080, 50Hz, windowed mode.
Hot CPU all time, in all situations, even when sitting in station.
Is there any chance to ever reach a game status again, as it was roughly 3 years ago: when I had no (absolutely no) CPU heat with graphics setting mid to high with all effects switched on (and using the same hardware)?
o7

1 Like

Have you tried running it on something else than OSX? Windows maybe or Linux? I have no problems with EVE and I have worse computer than you, I play on Win 7.

1 Like

Yes. And no. I have this computer only. Some weeks ago I made a bootcamp partition and installed Win10.
→ no, it is neither Mac OS nor Windows, it must be game related. The Mac task manager shows 120% CPU load with hot running vent, the Windows task manager shows 19% CPU load with (the same) hot running vent…
With each “upgrade” I see less detail and have more CPU heat.
And yes, I have completely deleted the game (including all hidden files) and re-installed: no difference.

In a reddit thread noting a twitter post by @CCP_Quant showing a graph of a huge spike in hull-reinforced structures, players discuss What This All Means, and @CCP_Lebowski responds with:

[–]CCP_Lebowski
No need to panic anyone, we’re not saying this means these changes were a success, this was just answering a player request for interesting graphs :slight_smile:

Imo all this tells us is:

• People read the patch notes/know about the changes
  • 24/7 vuln is likely functional

We’re a long way from being able to determine the success of Upwell 2.0. All that being said, this weekend may turn out to be interesting to watch!

Different groups have different ideas about what success looks like; Some wanted to clear structures as quickly and easily as possible, and don’t think CCP went far enough with the nerfs.

Others wanted to make timers defenders would care about without so much grind, make small-group attacks viable by getting rid of perma-scram, defenders come out to defend, and fights happen.

After Saturday’s default-timer citadel explosions, I’d like to see a number showing if PvP happened at the reinforced structure: the defending corp or alliance destroyed or lost a ship on grid with the structure during the repair timer, for structures saved and destroyed.

1 Like

@CCP_Lebowski There is already a success message.

1 Like

Again removed escalatios from journal? This ■■■■ is not funny, gys. I already thought that you were corrected and began to listen to the opinion of the players when you returned the escalations to the journal, but, as far as I see now, this is not a damn thing

3 Likes

The damage messages received when attacking structures will now properly display the amount of damage your weapons are inflicting even if that damage is being deflected by the structure damage cap. The amount deflected will also be shown.

Why was this introduced by the way? Now I see full damage all the time and have to look closely whether I have applied damage or not. Not to mention that the server has something else it needs to show to the player instead of a plain 0 or reduced damage value. As if the server didn’t already have enough work to take care of.

The server does not show you anything.
Your client presents you a scene which is designed after the information the sever sent.

I just consciously noticed one of the environment effect updates: The new effects on the Floating Stonehenge are amazing.

What about unanchor timer? With the all time vulnerability, it’s now impossible to defend it one week 24/24 hours until the end of unanchor timer.

That reads like…

We are sorry but you need more friends so Take one for the team.

1 Like

the physically painful BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR when tethering needs to go, or get its own slider.

Giving up all ship effects just because you don’t want to listen to a 8 richter dildo going off every time you sit on tether is stupid.

Could we get a separate tethering audio slider? 100 ships tethered is painfull to listen to.

also a interior station sound slider would also be nice to have.

Can we also get seperate sliders for Warp and 3rd warp please.

Or… here’s a crazy idea: get back the proper Advanced Audio controls that got butchered last year…

3 Likes

As much as I’d like that… It’s not looking likely. There hasn’t been much talk on the advanced audio feedback thread for a bit sadly.