Februrary Balance Update - Assault Frigates and Assault Damage Controls

Yea I agree with you, that’s why I thought going for extra control might be the way to make it good, still experimenting atm but I always feel adding damage mods to a low damage ship is sometimes a less effective approach to using the slot, 1 might be good thou as it doesn’t suffer from stacking penalties, will mix it up a bit and see how it goes, so far wolf is a lot better than the jag :].

Also about the fight I find it better to take uneven fights to get the locals more interested in taking fights in the future :stuck_out_tongue: Had massive doubts that I could even break its tank but thought maybe if I could kill his drones he might run out of cap charges :stuck_out_tongue: but wasn’t even able to kill 1 valkry (This is why I like the auto’s on the old jag the 700 tracking ripped drones to shreds even with low dps), might have been better to go for the warriors first thou o well.

1 Like

@Makshima_Shogo
I’m guessing you were webbing the Magnus and not the drones. Webbing the drones lets you apply super damage to them. But, as I said, your fit doesn’t have enough gank. This is partly due to the Jaguar being a bit anemic.

Messing in Pyfa I came up with this multi role fit for a Jaguar.

with the ADC running it gets 21.4k eHP of buffer

I would recommend pulsing the M-ASB overheated till empty with the aim of landing the last rep with as close to as possible 100% shields then hitting the ADC and holding as much buffer tank as possible whilst the ASB reloads. That does mean 45 seconds with less than 6.5k eHP waiting for the ASB to come back online which will be literally “touching cloth”.

Let me know how you get on. I’m not much of a player anymore. Just a fitting warrior who logs in occasionally. Bitter old vet and all that. I’m also a scrub :gentlemanparrot:(Alpha):gentlemanparrot: so I don’t fly T2.:grin:

1 Like

Duel prop isnt a bad idea, tbh I had 1 web on the magnus 1 web on the drone lol, but all my sp is in gunnery and very little in missiles could be why I can’t project well to drones. Will give it a try, but I feel might as well use a better AF in the first place lol.

2 Likes

That’s a pretty dank fit but even more conventional fits require a CPU module or some painful, painful sacrifices. Call me old fashioned but a ship shouldn’t require fitting modules to equip a basic fit. I like the rocket change overall but the Jag’s fitting issues need to be addressed in a more satisfying way.

3 Likes

After they added the drone bandwidth the new jag is kind of okay.
CPU issue is present on most of the AF, not the jag only.
If we wish to push for a better fitting for jag, we also need to push for a bit more CPU on enyo, and retribution.

2 Likes

as far as I can see, the assault dmg cont is a gate crash mod, ie: oops gate camp, Hvy tackle as noted before, or just to get in range so you can setup an orbit, maybe ganking. Fights are quick, but not that quick. The very short time and huge cool down more than offsets the huge temporary gain. Mathematically better going with lower but constant resists.
This should be called the interceptor damage control.

1 Like

350mil now for vagabond/muninn hull T_T what is this world coming too.

Considering that Muninn’s are pretty damn terrible I think there are some insider information being leaked. The buff for the Muninn must be strong. Vagabond must be getting a strong buff too.

https://www.eveonline.com/article/p4ejjg/balance-changes-coming-in-the-march-release

Vaga is left as is, still doesn’t warrant this price guess will have to wait 6 month’s till they come down to use them for pvp.

@Makshima_Shogo

Getting back to Assault Frigates and their new role of heavy tackle I honestly don’t see why anyone would spend the ISK on an AF when T1 frigates can do this:

and this:

Oh and, those two fits can be flown by ALPHA’s without the need for implants.

1 Like

You have a nice point lets do some analysis:

AF (Suicide Hard Tackle scram/web)
Inti (long point followed by suicide scram if necessary)
T1 Frig (Suicide Hard Tackle scram) Don’t see a web on any of your fit’s.

Against Brawlers: Scram/web to stop them from getting back to gate.
If they are off gate: long point is optimal
Against Kiter’s: Scram/web so your fleet can catch up just scram is enough for a mwd’er but a 100mn cruiser will laugh as you try, need a web.

in anom’s/plex’s against brawlers, just scram/long point is enough.

So from this so far the T1 ships will do a lot better with a web as tackle, Assault frigs can have same/better tank with a web as well.

Heavy%20Tackle But this only goes 2k/s not fast enough to catch kiting cruisers, but lowest resi is 77% really good with logi as sendary tackle after a inti has landed initial tackle.

3.5k/s much better for catching kiting ship’s, lowest resi 63% same as your t1 fit but it has a web and a bit more ehp probibly same speed as a t1, less sig during mwd and the assault damage control, but the jag is very bad for a fleet tackle becuase of the active rep bonus :confused: if it was resi or shield hp it would be much better so rather use amarr/caldari. (I have caldari frig level 0 so cant really show a fit)

Against Gun’s: Best to use Assualt frig’s + logi

T1 ship, increase sig radius lets the enemies guns land a lot easier, so in this situation t2 ships have a massive advantage of landing the tackle but after tackle is established and mwd turns off they have the same sig as t1 ships, the assault damage control make’s initial tackle redundant as well. So the deciding factor comes in only if there is logi then use assault frigs otherwise t1 is more cost effective.

Against RLML: Hahahaha you wan’t to land tackle with a frig sorry for you.

Doesn’t matter if its an interceptor Assault frigate or t1/faction frig they are all going to die very quickly without any survival time for incoming reps to make a difference. In this situation its better to use a 500mn hictor to chase down the kiter’s.

Against Drone’s

Lights + Valkries: Best ship: assault frig + logi / T1 frig without. (Scram) as enemy will be kitey
In this situation the sig radius of the t2 Af’s with mwd on isn’t going to make any difference as the drones don’t orbit during the chase so they have perfect tracking, the only factor reducing their damage is pure speed (delaying time between drone vollies), and the assault damage control will give assault frigs an easier time establishing initial tackle, only once tackle is established the t2 resi’s are going to kick in and any logi is going to keep them up a lot easier, if no logi then might as well use t1.

Medium’s + Heavies + Gecko at <9Km’s: Best ship: Inti/long point.
Doesn’t make any difference what ship you are they are going do kill you very quickly, gecko could 1-2 shot you as well good luck logi pilots! under rare situations stopping your ship completely might give you more tank vs heavies and gecko but at the same time the ships main guns will then hit you perfectly -_-.

Against sniper’s (tornado, raven): Keres / Inti
T1 frigs are going down because their sig is huge, assault frigs are going to be decent but inti’s really shine here. Against a solo sniper the best ship is Keres by far against multiple Inti’s shine becuase of that tiny sig + speed.

But from this I really wished CCP went and gave assualt frig’s passive defence bonus’s instead of active to better support their heavy tackle/secondary tackle roll (Jag with active rep bonus) so they became better with logi instead of having solo ship stats which they are outclassed in solo by pirate frigates.

Personally I just fly the keres when our fleet needs tackle performs well in most situations and a daredevil is great at the webbing part :].

Duel shield or armor damage control

Time we take that tech from the drifters and be able to have it and run on our own ships. This would be a very complex module. When this module is placed on your ship it removes a shield or armor. Allowing you to gain the duel shield or armor effect. Once you lose your shield or armor dual effect you go right to the hull of the ship.

Challenge accepted.

1 Like

Awsum post a vid of you tackling (scram) an orthrus in an assault frig, has to be mwd fit orth :smiley: you will be crowned king afterwards for achieving such a feat!

Wait, you said frigate, so I assumed any frigate.

Which frigate did you have in mind.

The only frigate that cannot be killed by light missiles. She is a beauty and has spikes, so careful, she bites…

1 Like

It is a beaut but its not really a tackle ship, if af’s followed that ships design af’s would be amazing :smiley: but then they wouldn’t be tackle either xD

1 Like

Quote: “(…) We want to express condolences to projectile Jaguar lovers. There weren’t many of you but we do care about you. (…)”

Well, me and my sister (she is not an alt, we are two mains fyi), both appear to be part of this tiny minority of Jag lovers.

The Jag was a very representative ship for Minmatar projectile weapon affinity and effective passive shielding. And now look what you have done to her! Made her into a bloody light missile/rocket boat, as if we were damn Caldari! We are Minmatar, we like the boom of the guns!!!

And you, dear CCP, had done that before, years ago when you ruined the Rapier in pretty much the same fashion.

I am not one to usually rant on the forums about changes, but this time I just had to speak up, after having read about apparently being merely two of a negligible handful.

And what does “…but we do care about you” mean? Are you going to make it up? And if so, how?

The new Jag is unfittable, imho. And the Wolf has the bottleneck mid-slots problem.

We have now effectively no Minmatar assault frigate at our disposal. We will never forget all the good times we had flying the former Jaguar. She was a sturdy little ship.

Rgds
Bambule

Politician talk. It means the opposite of what it actually says.

3 Likes