Assault ship changes

Just a heads up, this is the latest stuff from SiSi but may not be set in stone yet:

Retribution:
Assault Frigates bonuses (per skill level):

10.0% bonus to Small Energy Turret optimal range
5.0% bonus to Small Energy Turret damage

Amarr Frigate bonuses (per skill level):

10.0% reduction in Small Energy Turret activation cost
5.0% bonus to Small Energy Turret rate of fire

Role Bonus:

50.0% reduction in Microwarpdrive signature radius penalty

Jaguar:

5.0% bonus to Light Missile and Rocket Launcher explosion velocity
5.0% bonus to Light Missile and Rocket Launcher damage

Minmatar Frigate bonuses (per skill level):

5.0% bonus to Light Missile and Rocket Launcher rate of fire
7.5% bonus to Shield Booster amount

Role Bonus:

(gets -1 low and +1 mid)

Ishkur:

10.0% bonus to Small Hybrid Turret optimal range
7.5% bonus to ship drone tracking speed

Gallente Frigate bonuses (per skill level):

5.0% bonus to Small Hybrid Turret damage
10.0% bonus to Drone hitpoints

Role Bonus:

So all of the assault frigates get the 50% signature radius penalty, which is the same as Interceptors.

Base speed changes:

Vengeance: Maximum Velocity: 273.0 => 322.0
wolf: Maximum Velocity: 329.0 => 415.0
Hawk: Maximum Velocity: 273.0 => 322.0
Harpy: Maximum Velocity: 264.0 => 312.0
Retribution: Maximum Velocity: 278.0 => 328.0
jaguar: Maximum Velocity: 357.0 => 405.0
Ishkur: Maximum Velocity: 287.0 => 339.0
Enyo: Maximum Velocity: 288.0 => 340.0

So for reasons that escape me the minmatar became invincible interceptors and the other assault ships a little more speed.

Now let’s take a look at the assault damage control:

• takes 35 cpu (t2 one, the meta ones take less)
  • takes 35gj capacitor
  • the t2 lasts 18 seconds, the meta ones 16 and the Shadow Serpentis 19s
  • cooldown 2.5 minutes or 150s

Gives all shields and armor 95% resistance across the board or an invulnerability for the duration.

Data taken from here: http://hoboleaks.space

2 Likes

The energy reduction cost is still one of the most lame bonus in eve… Its telling that a weapon system is bad in that it needs help just not to cap itself out shooting…

2 Likes

I want to hear the justification for changing the tracking bonus on the Retribution, a ship known for its cap issues, to a RoF bonus…

Red ones cap out faster?

1 Like

@Quelza, so do I.

But everyone, hold your horses, it is on SiSi but no mention on the forums yet. And don’t shoot the messenger.

1 Like

To be fair, CCP quietly put chat bubbles and agency changes up on SISI without a dev blog too. /rabblerabblerabble

Just FYI - all AF already have the 50% MWD sig reduction. That isn’t something “new”. Nor do they step on inty toes because of it. Even with the speed changes.

At first I was kind of excited by the Jag changes. Was not expecting missile boat! But after thinking and playing with fits I am really dissappointed. Losing a low, and not gaining enough fitting room or cap, puts the kibosh on any fit that I would want to fly over…well almost anything.

I can’t for the life of me reason out why they changed the retri bonus. I guess someone convinced the devs that the retri is oppressive. Ishkur having its drone bay bonus being incorporated into the hull is good…although I wish a damage bonus had been added (less 1 gun) instead of tracking. Without factoring in the new ADC, I can’t really see AF seeing a large uptick in anything but the niches they are already used in.

WRT the ADC, I am skeptical that such a module can ever be anything but either op or useless (meant as inclusive disjunction). Given that, either the ADC will be useless and AFs will still be pretty bland choices OR the ADC will be broken and AF’s will enjoy a moment of cancer status.

Hopefully I am wrong.

The thing that made Retri worth it was tracking since it’s slow.

Now it’s slow.

I cannot wait for the meeting minutes to come out, so we can tell that yahoo that came up with the idea that it was a terrible idea.

What bugs me still is that none of the assault frigates got better capacitors or powergrid and cpu changes.

Never said they would, I said in case you fit a mwd on an assault ship, you have the same tiny signature as an interceptor.

Its slow and has 11 less pg than the t1 hull but has 5 guns slots instead of just 4 and loses the cap 10% band-aid and shoots faster? Thats pretty close to 20% less pg! Crazy i say crazy…

1 Like

If by ‘the same tiny sig’ you mean, on average, ~66% larger sigs than interceptors, then ok.

Highlighting the already existing MWD sig bonus and going on the say the minmatar have “become invincible interceptors” led me to conclude that you do not fly AFs nor understand the relationship between them and inties. I was trying to help.

Please forgive me if I misperceived the situation.

No worries, I was being sarcastic.

The average new speed of the assault frigates is around 2600m/s and the minmatar around 4000m/s.

I see bias.

Ishkur: Drone tracking bonus on a ship that uses small drones? That’ll be super useful. /sarcasm Drone damage bonus would be better. Let’s not talk about the split weapon system bonuses.

AFs already have a flat 50% MWD sigRad penalty reduction as a role bonus. That isn’t new. Inties currently get a per-level reduction of 15% for a max reduction of 75% at Interceptors level 5. Maybe those bonuses should be swapped. Inties go fast enough that a flat 50% reduction is pretty good. AFs need the higher reduction because they are a lot slower and fatter.

I do like that they are getting base speed buffs. But I am a little concerned that the Minmatar AFs are a bit too fast. They’re like 30% faster than the next best and nearly as fast as Caldari interceptors. 415m/s for the Wolf and 405m/s for Jaguar. Crow base speed is 430m/s. Raptor is 420m/s.

1 Like

Oh whoops… My mind had me remember 37.5% for some reason.

No sweat. My brain is mush. So I know he feeling.

Looking at the data in the linked site, looks like there are a couple other common sense changes involved.

• Jaguar: 170 --> 185 (+15) CPU, 1 --> 3 launchers, 3 --> turrets.
  • Ishkur: dronebay 25m3 --> 50m3.

Using t2 MWD before heat, nano’s, rigs, implants etc (which is what you need to arrive at the “average” speed you quote) neither Minmatar AF goes 4km/s. The wolf clocks in at ~3250

Maybe you should take a break from posting about this today…you keep screwing up all the changes.

Why do you think base speed is a relevant comparison point? Do you know a lot of inties that wander around without prop mods?

I did never suggest any changes like that and I took the speed values from the fitting screen and from what I have witnessed on SiSi earlier today.
This wolf was yolo-kiting me at 3600m/s. How he was fit or if he was snaked or not is out of my grasp.
The kids on SiSi do weird things all day.

One more thing, the new base speed values are the values of an untrained boat and Navigation level 0.
The new top speed will be +25% with Navigation level 5.

Ha! I knew I wasn’t crazy!

So here are the new align times for most of the assault ships:

Retribution: 4.52 -> 4.07
Vengeance: 4.64 -> 4.18
Harpy: 3.93 -> 3.53
Hawk: 4.29 -> 3.86
Enyo: 4.30 -> 3.87
Ishkur: 4.40 -> 3.96

Wait what? How could those values decrease with the speed bump?

The latest SiSi built shows a decreased mass of all assault ships across the board.

1 Like

VS.

Be careful…i hear that backpedaling that quickly can cause joint damage. :rofl:

So your NEW story is that you saw some guy doing 3600m/s without knowing anything else. You then padded his speed to 4k (10% buff) while only looking at the speed of the Harpy/Hawk with a meta MWD in the fitting tool. And that is presumably evidence to think there is some untoward bias? Is that the story you want to stick with?

2 Likes

Well someone in local said his wolf would go 4700m/s which I found a little high but I can not know if he used snakes or the Zor implant.

A wolf with a heated meta mwd and nothing else will go 4912m/s.

Any more questions?