Federation Day 2018 (Discussion)

This is actually a really good idea - and presumably could be done on a very short notice. I’d really love to see for example the very old flavor items released that were made for the new bloodlines, like The Singing Staff, Ancient Painblade, and others that I assume exist in the database still, but not released anywhere. Faction related events would be a good place to release them into the wild, finally.

Similarly other good ideas for memorabilia items have been thrown around earlier.

And I know destruction is our thing and one of the few ways we can interact with the gameworld, but does it have to be? I’d find celebrating Federation Day by destroying stuff kind of… IDK, tasteless? Why not turn it into an ISK sink, and set up vendors? For say, 1,000 ISK you get some sort of item from event sites, more ISK you pour in, more stuff you get. Of course then the item should be something relatively useless, mainly having collecting value, so a firework or lore items or something of the like, not special mods or such (unless they are useless mods with terribad stats). Anyway, the idea can be refined further, just some basic examples there.

P.S. Someone remind CCP to reinforce Dodixie on June 23rd.

2 Likes

Greetings and thank you for your work and giving us the opportunity to participate.

I will divide my suggestions to two sections; one is lore/canon actions CCP could take and the second is ingame activities.

As a player I always want to see CCP go as bold as possible on their takes so what I will describe may be resource intensive or too ideal but even if some of them somehow get implemented I think it would be a different step from what we have seen so far. What I aim in my suggestion is what I would like to see as consumer, what will be done is entirely up to CCP of course.

Lore/Canon Section

The Federation day, if this is the only or minimum event related to the Federation on a yearly basis within the game, would be great to have its own State of the Union and the political aftermath that would follow after that. Typically, in real scenarios, State of the Unions with the proliferation of the media and how governments use social media dont affect greatly the political state of a region, unless extreme decisions are taken.

But for the case of EvE where a Federation State of the Union would concern billions of citizens and adding to the fact that there arent many stories emerging from the Federate Government, a State of the Union that would speak about matters such as the appearance of Triglavians, Drifters, the proliferation of FoBs, the presence of UpWell, the status on the Faction Warfare battlefields and their relation with their enemies and allies and of course the fight against Terror(Criminal organizations including Sansha) is something that I think it would be highly appreciative, especially if done through a semi good writing of at least adding a bare minimum personality to the President of the Federation and his immediate political adversaries. There are too many questions for each of the big four and what they are doing…

These also prove for more content for those who write news articles to possibly throughout the year add some stuff and we can follow what is happening throughout the year…if not we can at least see on a per year basis what happened and didnt happen from one State of the Union to the other.

A yearly chronicle would be also grand to see as an addition. And if you want to add something more personalised and be more bold you can, for players, add medals to the most effective Federal Loyalist Capsuleer corporations. This would be done through taking the ingame statistics of the FW effectiveness and a small adress to their director/CEO would give freshness to those who actually partake on the only Loyalist ingame event which is the FW. And why not interview some of those alliance directors and so on?

Ingame Activities

Everything you have added on the introductory post of this thread is something that I would support personaly, accelerators and the like would be grand to keep seeing them as well in the form of loot drops.

You can go a bit more boldish and tie things to the State of the Union above, so lets say for example the President announces an increased effort of the Federal Navy to the FW battlefields, why not for the period of the event run an increased return to the LP store? SKINS(permanent) would be nice to see as well, and of course during live events a nice twist (or not) is highly appreciated to keep us agile.
Another ingame suggestion could be limited events that the Dev team couldnt implement or test in time. For example the Resource Wars feel unfinished, so maybe during the event there could be a small twist for testing something the Dev Team would like to see in each 4 loyalist days? Preferably in the form of scenarios emerging tied to the Lore Section above.

As a last comment about the ingame activities is that…I personally dont have a particular taste as to what faction to oppose the Federation you will use…it could be the Serpentis, it could be the Caldari, it could be someone new, it could be the Federation itself. My point is that as long as there is something that pushes the payload forwards I am happy to live the events and look up to such dates.

End remarks

The lore section I believe adds huge potential for CCP when they want to push the stories forward just like they did with the Drifters and the Triglavians. Have readily something to ignite a spark and players can follow as they did with the Drifter deathballs and the vaults is something that in the future with a small yearly work could provide with a lot of ammunition to CCP to keep things moving.

Thank you for your attention.

3 Likes

We’re already taking in donations and contributions for Federation Day!

Given the most recent donation, the location of the player-run Live Event is being moved to Luminaire!

Thank you to the pilots and organizations who have donated!:

• Bimbler: 55,959 Capsuleer Dawn Fireworks rounds
1 Like

As a prize to everyone I would give out a Nyx Umbral SKIN to kick off the event. Turns a bad things into a good, promotes Gallente, no extra work besides making the gift box with some the for people to read.

1 Like

If anyone is interested in something from the RP side, I’m doing this: Federation Day Celebrations at L'Amore

1 Like

I think that to celebrate freedom there should be Free Quafe for everyone. \o/

4 Likes

Just checked hoboleaks, and it looks like CCP is planning something with accelerators and trinkets, and new +9 boosters. The NPCs are still place holders, but I hope they get the standing point right.

I would love to see vulture being brought back, he was rather important during the kyonoke inquest, opposed to the SoCT, etc

I would love to see the plot of the kyonoke having a new episode.

Flash:

Start time of event is being changed to 1500 EVE time.

Thank you!

Something about “Gallente Federation Grand Prix” in the leaks

Hey, A9! Until what time do you think this’ll run?

I think I’ll have it run for at least 2 hours officially. I’m about to make another topic on the official playuer-run event announcement.

Wait, @Alain_Colcer!? You’re still alive!?

Interesting.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.