i had a drunk discussion yesterday with some friends and we have 4 Ideas for nullsec, how to break up current constructions, make owning unused space less attractive.
Please don’t hunt me down for this idea It’s just a thought and not meant to offend you… so keep calm.
1. Capital System
Where is your alliance capital system right now? You don’t know? Yeah because its usual pointless…
- Make I-Hub upkeep costs depending on the distance to the capital system. (by jumps)
Power Blocks like XIX or WinterCo tend to take more space, then they actual need to keep neutral entities off their own space and player base. If they face a serious attempt to attack their space, they say “We don’t need it”.
I would love to see an border system like they mentioned in the Keynotes.
- The longer your border is, the higher the upkeep cost for the border IHubs is supposed to be.
For example, in order not to favor regions like drone regions (very compact), the increase could be calculated by the number of gate connections to adjacent systems with a different SOV.
3. ADM Changes / TimeZoneTanking fix
To prevent big alliances from simply creating Holding Alliances for their SOV and fix Timezonetanking, the ADM - System needs to be changed.
- The ADM only increases if the Miner / Ratter is part of the holding alliance.
Maybe the ADM only increases while mining / ratting within the vulnerability (discuss?).
4. Structure TimeZoneTanking fix
Remember the POS fuel reduction in your own SOV in 0.0?
- 15% Fuel Reqiurement reduction if Structure is in own SOV and Timer is in System Vulnerability Time.
This is aswell positiv for smaller alliances to counter the increase of ihub upkeep costs in Idea 1 and 2.
- Each alliance would hold as many systems as it can actively manage. The higher costs would make it unattractive to hold space, to prevent unwanted neighbors from moving in.
- No ADM Ratting in unused Space
- Smaller Alliance wouldn’t be affected by upscaling increase of I-Hub Costs since Structure Fuel price reduction.
- Bigger Alliances would be affected by upscaling I-Hub Costs. (Has to be good balanced)
- No TimeZone Tanking for SOV and less TimeZoneTanking for Structures.
I know many Players are part of big blocks and probably hate any changes, that would affect their gameplay negativly. But deep in your heart, you are looking for fights against other fleets. Open SOV Nullsec for Groups with less than 1k Players.
As i mentioned before, i probably haven’t thought on anything but i would love to hear your opinion.