Fixing Faction Warfare

If i mine and build for my ships, i could easily create margins for myself with that system.

A ship would cost me roughly 30-40% of its marketvalue to mine/build, add insurance to it, and blapping them for that static 10% bonus margin would work pretty well.

I could also use as many alts I as I want to maximize ship-bounty on the kill.

The 10% comes from the insurance first.
If you are under-insured you lose.

If the insurance payout scales are off then that is a separate issue.

It would be 10% payout per player right ?

not empty quoting

in fact…

You could make it payable on conquering a system.
:thinking:

It’s not just about the inusrance, that’s more the icing on the cake.

Look, if i have a fleet of miners and industry alts at my disposal, I could churn out thousands of cheap t1 ships for virutally no isk, park them all in one winning system and blap them indefinitely to add to the ship-bounty-value pool.

A profit per kill system can, and will, get abused. It doesn’t work.

this was already done by players and is considered an exploit by CCP. they watch vary closely for this in the current FW system. it was quite the scandal when it happened

Ship insurance fraud was possible at one time yea.

Hence any mechanic involving a static per-ship function, is bound to create a lot of problems.

this was a separate fix to the incident im referencing and was not considered an exploit.

the incident in question revolved around manipulating the market on certain seldom-traded items to inflate the price within the region and loading the assets in to a ship and destroying it in FW for massive LP/ISK gains

1 Like

We don’t need to make fw un-profitable. Just disallow any warp core strength bonused ships from plexes. Overhaul the tiers such that controlling most of the systems gives big mission pay outs but reduced plex payouts. And inversely having only a few system controlled reduces mission pay outs but ramps up plex payouts. And finally, have lp payouts for warkills unaffected by tiers. They always pay full.

1 Like

Warp Core Stabbed ships are already forbidden to enter plexes I believe, didn’t they implement it ? Or was that something CCP talked about a year ago and forgot ?

Either way, that change alone wont affect bot farms much, they fit for fast warping frigs, have instawarp algorithms ready whenver someone enters grid, and have whole armies of them, and no one cares to spend hours on end shooting at them knowing a hundred more will come.

The territory control game will remain as it currently is for as long as FW farming remains a profitable/bottable activity.

Warp stabbed yes, but not bonused for warp strength. Ventures still get in.

Not much you can do about that without ruining the game for actual players. Just keep reporting bots.

In the mean time however, we can modify how tiers work such that one side that is being dominated by the other (because of bots or otherwise) doesn’t have their income crippled

Crazy wild but doable idea.

Designate specific systems as faction warfare zones. NPC stations in these systems have a “board a faction warfare ship” option at them. This will bring a popup for various prefit ship options all free (or LP cost for advanced types) for faction warfare players. These ships are non-transferable, drop nothing on destruction, and are denied when trying to jump a stargate that leads out of faction warfare space. These ships are the only ones allowed in FW plexes.

Notes:

• This simulates fighting on an alliances behalf where ships are SRPed or just outright prepped for the player.
    -This provides an excellent platform for new players to learn PvP without risking their meager savings.
  • This provides a semblance of PvP balance for this area by allowing devs to balance faction fits vs each other on these ships.
  • Removing transfers, drops, or exiting the system helps prevent gaming of the system.

this idea is counter to the design philosophy of eve and FW when it was last updated.
no risk should be no reward

I had a lot of fun and made a lot of ISK doing FW, back in like 2012 with the update. It was money making and on-demand PvP content all in one place. When they nerfed the money making, a lot of people left, and when the targets left, I left. And so did a lot of other people I played with - a lot of them even quit EVE entirely. I’ve tried FW a few times since 2012-2013 and it’s just dead compared to what it used to be. There were a few needed changes that were made, but overall people whined too much about other people making ISK, instead of just minding their own gameplay. And now FW is dead, having been killed by the ~elitepvpers~ who want to kill tech1 frigates orbiting buttons, and the “we decide what FW is” crowd. Well they decided. They decided it to be dead.

Making money in FW is not a problem at all - the LP store is an ISK sink, and we all know that EVE needs more sinking.

You guys want targets?

Make FW space lucrative for players who live there, even non-militia players. Better PI, higher spawn rate for exploration/combat anoms, better moons than the rest of LowSec. Make it so only militia members can anchor structures in systems that their militia owns and they’re not affect by system cost indices and all that other nonsense. Make anchoring/unanchoring structures and structure use bonuses tied to system control level, and allow system wide bonuses to militia members for industry, mining, and combat.

There’s no reason to go to FW except to make some small amount of ISK (I think everyone just runs missions now cuz plexing fails risk/reward with how much you get pestered by neuts) and do PvP. So those are the players you’ll attract and they just run away from each other. Make FW space something meaningful and have it affect parts of the game outside of FW space, like hisec mission payouts and sutff.

1 Like

As Xulxien points out, LP is an isk sink when trying to make isk off of it which is a good thing. So you have LP feeding back in to the FW system or providing an isk sink, win/win.

Faction warfare only needs two, super simple fixes.

1. Remove PvE missions. FW is a PvP system, having these missions has turned it into a farm. Most the players in FW won’t even undock if they think they might have to PvP.

2. Stop punishing teamwork at the plexes.

the issue here is that you are using free assets to farm LP to get better free assets to farm more LP to get more free assets. there is still no risk involved for the player, no real investment or drive to do better or capture systems.

although this is great in a game whew PVE is the primary Focus, this would not drive interest in a game like EVE. People want to see tangible rewards for their efforts. having bonuses tied to the FW systems would ultimately be pointless in the system he proposed. resulting in a complete stagnation of the feature and its inevitable death

In relation to system bonuses:
-adding better anoms to systems - these would not be run as with the proposal, this would be the best place for Neuts to find PVP.
-adding better moons - if the moods were worth something then Null alliances would have corps in FW and control these moons (protected by the umbrella)
-better planets for PI would be fine however we still have the same issue as with anoms (sharks)

Another reason why they need to remove non-covert cynos from low sec.