Forming a new corp, a very interesting task

“He couldn’t handle the thought of what you might to do him. I, on the other hand, would very much like to join your crew. My name is John Silver, and I happen to be a very good cook.”

Long John Silver is recruiting.

Typical trash highsec mining corp

Thank you.

2 Likes

Whats “Your” primary TZ

“Our” primary time zone is the US. Not that we have chosen that but is the most players’ that have joined us. However, some have very nocturnal habits.

Thanks.

Selling shares to our crew mates.

“You’re an educated man, my lord, but I think it worth reminding you that in most cases a man trying to change the world fails for one simple and unavoidable reason… everyone else.”

James McGraw to Lord Thomas Hamilton.

"Thanks, if you have seen the forums then you understand this is a very young corporation with a very small number of members some of which leave for we are a very small corporation. People dont seem to believe me when I say we are new therefore small.

So we are taking two steps ford and one back and having a few bad experiences with unhappy players that have the need to make bitter critics about how we handle the group. In short, I am learning that no matter what I try I am finding someone who is going to hate it. I decided to finally run my corp in a less democratic way I was inclined to do at the beginning of this adventure."

_From a letter between DHuncan and an anonymous lady.

Looking to build a roam PvP fleet for Nullsec space. Would train you if you need.

We aiming for a good oiled machine aka elite while we dont require nor offer a 24/7 hours online and understand that becoming a champ team would take time. But no drama, we should have fun on the journey and learn while we go.

Indy or PvE players also welcome to do as they please.

We offer:
*Nullsec sov.
*ONE BILLION ISK reward for 1,000th green mark in our zKillboard.
*Leadership positions.
*Voice coms. Corporation and Alliance.
*Jump Freighter to move stuff to and from null/high security markets.
*Moon mining.
*Low taxes 5%
*PvP action or advisory channel to avoid it if you dont want it.
*All kinds of trainig. Corporation and Allicance.
*Huge Time Zone.

We expect:
*Loyalty.
*Respect.
*You do what you said you are going to do.

Contact me by mail, please, I may be in a fight and is not cool having a convo pop in my face.

As far as quantity we take two steps ford and one back; but as far as quality we are getting just better and better. I am very pleased with the people I’m finding.

Too many chiefs, not enough indians… Best of luck but it always pains me seeing upstarts when plenty of other established groups could use solid talent :slight_smile:

Fair point and grounds for another debate about de-centralization of EvE big entities. Would be better more smaller corporation/alliances instead of fewer huge blocks? I don’t claim to have the answer for that, but smallish corps can also participate in big alliances and coalitions. Can alliances and coalitions also be formed by small corporations? It could only make them more departmentalized, perhaps more flexible. <<<< Digress.

Our goal, anyway is to grow. To break the routine, to open new paths.

Captain Flint, “Nobody will believe it’s possible until we show them. But when that day comes, you know what they’ll say? They’ll say that it was inevitable.”

More indians wanted.

This is a sandbox which also applies to player choice regarding corps, small hisec corp, large null coalition, renter null corp, npc corp, wh corp, whatever, there is no best, there is player choice and what is best for an individual. Of course sometimes a person will make a bad call and choose a corp that does not fit his/her style, but then they can just switch corp whenever they want with little to no difficulties in relocating. At least that is how I see it.

Btw I still don’t really see what this specific corp is about. I mention this so you might think of better communicating your goals and requirements, thus achieving better success at attracting people.

Based on your war history you both 'dec and are being decced, yet no results whatsoever so far when it comes to kills… or even being killed so it seems you are not really participating in PvP. Yet you seem to express you are about building a small but fearsome PvP gang.

Can’t say much about mining, industry and PvE based on that info and didn’t bother to dig deeper but I have the feeling not much activity there either, though this is just speculation.

Finally your in-game corp description doesn’t help matters either. A fancy quote from a book is good but only that does not help people understand what you are about and as such will deter many people who might join you if you better expressed yourself.

Just thought I drop in some useful feedback, hope it does not come off as an attack as that is not my intention.

1 Like

I appreciate your comments. I think you are right about the speculation and the in-definition of the corp so far, or, at least, the lack of focus in a particular field. The point originally was to build a corp and share here in the forums all the processes and stages involved in such. Including finding members, accommodating them, finding an identity and so on. I may answer with a question here: A corporation has to limit to one activity only? So the identity of the corp cannot be defined by “industrial corp” or “pvp corp” as a corporation needs both, an economy channel and a defense branch. So the “personalty” of the corporation is not defined by the spectrum -or scope- of its members activities.

Also the goal is not to build something small, quite the contrary, but to build something solid we have to get realistic on where we are and consolidate the steps before proceed on. So for now we are small but we are finding the right people.

Trying, failing, learning, trying again until finding the way seems a good way to go. Dealing with people is not always easy, so no shame here. This can be mistaken for indecisiveness or lack of target. I prefer to see it as adaptability.

For now there are some goals that were in my mind from the beginning that are being accomplished:

*While small, we are a mature group getting along and finding fun in developing the project.
*We are looking to the future. What we want instead of what we have or what we cannot have.
*We are moving to null security space. No rents. We are sov holders, having a chance to left our mark.
*Essentially we understand PvP is the means to hold any sovereignty and, more, we want to do it not just for need but for the sport of it.
*We having projects -big projects- with real players -no dreams- to develop a profitable industry.

So I think we are slowly finding our way and sometimes is the way that has to find us.

Perhaps the book quotes are better for character bios and not corporation descriptions. I take good note of all your observations and appreciate you contacted us. I hope I have answered some of your comments.

1 Like

A corp usually has to have some of all or most fields, especially industry and at least one other. What I meant is based on my observation you neither do much PvP (based on war reports) nor industry or other (based mostly on speculation). None of what I wrote meant to imply you have to focus on one or another.

Some corps may limit themselves to one or a few fields and erither exclude PvP if they are an industry corp for example (and may have PvE stuff too) or can be focused on PvP (with or without some industry going on). Some alliance member corps have a sole function while other corps handle other functions, but that is because they are part of a bigger structure and it might be simpler to handle their activities if they only focus on one thing.

Also corps might even change, extend, shrink or mix their fields of activities over time. What I meant instead is you do not clearly communicate what you are about (which you still can do if you over time change your activities, you can edit the corp bio any time to reflect any such chage) thus you severly limit the people who might want to join you as they don’t clearly see if the corp is a good fit for them or not and might not bother asking to make sure.

As for the quote, as I wrote on its own it is not a bad thing, it can add both flavor and atmosphere to a corp bio, but if that is the only thing there it is not enough info, I rather wanted to call your attention to the lack of other info than to put the “blame” on the quote. The quote is good but add other info too on top of it is what I recommended.

Some of your suggestions will be implemented. They may help. As for the war reports, kill-boards, and other milestones, just give us more time to improve those areas too. I am aware we are still far from ideal but I never expected every success would come first month of work. Not even first year for the important breakthroughs.

Most of these things you describe of a corporation sound to me like a formed and consolidated one should function, while ours is in a much more young state in which gathering the key members, shaping the organs, helping the creature to start breathing and digesting has to come before productivity considerations and has to take its time to occur.

Do I aim to construct a creature so weak that my personal lead determines what it can achieve? No, I don’t. My aspiration is being devoured by my own monster. Time will tell.

Join us, we can make good use of a man of your talent.

Thanks for the offer but I already have my own corp but furthermore don’t have the time nor the willingness to dedicate myself so much as to go under obligations that I have to fulfill (I just sign in whenever I have the time and in the mood and do whatever I want for as short or long as I want to then sign off, I play very casually) thus why I prefer to be a lone wolf (and the reason why I have an open corp instead where other similar people can join if they feel could benefit from the virtually no tax, while also having the corp to be the public image of my giveaways, guides, Steam group and other community activities).

Good luck on your journey and keep us updated here on the forums too so we can see how you progress towards achieving your goal, it is interesting to have real-time experience of it.

1 Like

Hey, are you still looking for members ?

I am a returning player, haven’t played much since my last corp disbanded, i am interested in helping a newer corp and facing the challenges that hold’s.

Hey guys, sorry for me to take three days to replay. This has been a long weekend and we have finally moved to a nullsec system into an alliance. So, first off, Kainan, yes, we are still in need of good players. If you are still there, please, send ma a mail in game and we will have a chat. We still need good players.

Now the general picture looks like a war zone. So the game we are playing now is one of every move been checked before executed.

We are ratting and it is very profitable. For about zero point five effort you can get 60+ million per hour with a basic VNI fit. Only you cannot AFK. We are starting to learn now the best systems for that work.

Also we are having all kinds of PvP. We are in the middle of a conflict with one of those enemies that lean on numbers and tend to be very vulnerable when in small packs. So in that regard lots of action.

The rest of the areas are still being planned these days. As I said these are being very busy days.

I will come with more often updates along this week as the busiest part of the move is already done.

Thank you.

Nothing new, we are still here, getting a bit more selective in the recruitment process, to be honest. We are not getting the desired results with impatient players that don’t seem to believe me when I said “this is a new corp, everything is starting up”. So let me insist on this: THIS IS A NEW CORP, EVERYTHING IS STARTING UP.

This been said, in a month of activity we managed to recruit well over twelve players which was the original mark. Unfortunately not all of them decided to stay or were fit for the task. We were recruiting at same rate as they leaved but the quality of the players in corp got better and better. For the records, at this point we are about 7 players well committed.

We joined an alliance that belongs to a coalition is been said as the strongest emergent power in New Eden and we are settling in nullsec systems where members can profit and develop industry.

It is been an exhausting month but I think I can proudly say we rate above failure.

This forum has been so far the best tool to make contact with the best players we recruited so far. Lets hope for more growth and consolidate this successful first month with more players wanting to help us.

The applications in game are closed as lot of trolls and spies used that door to waste our time as theirs is already wasted. So best way to initiate a contact is to send me a mail in game and I will come back to you soon enough.

This is all for now. Thank you.