Foundation Quadrant Empire Holidays and Player-Run Events

• Gallente Federation Day - June 21st (with the wider set of related events planned for June 15-22)

LOL, you beat me to it I guess, but yeah, a player event for Fed Day will be posted this week for sure.

Nonetheless, I appreciate very much official CCPs sponsorship of it.

2 Likes

I’ve been pointing out flaws for longer and in more places. This is not the time for that. This is the first strong step we’ve seen, complete with multi-year plans, something CCP is historically incredibly reticent to do. This could go very badly, of course, and there’s a million more things I’d like to see them do.

That’s all beside the point, though: this is a huge, public, and forward-thinking step to bridge a huge gap in CCP’s efforts towards the empires. As the leader of one of the longest-lived roleplaying alliance in the game, I’m incredibly happy with the announcement, and I’ll be planning and sharing public events as soon as we can organize them.

8 Likes

That is why I asked why CCP removed the old blood lines selection from the new character creator (that is not even being accessible to all players). I do want them to do more lore things as well because the empires offer a huge amount of potential for amazing gameplay experience. However, past experiences do not fill me with confidence that CCP thinks in the same direction that lore-affine players think in.

I really love the focus on the empires. It’s nice to have lore additions to already established factions and their relations. The conflict between humans with different motivations and ideologies makes the story of EvE interesting in my opinion. Not the addition of always bigger existencial threats without backstory that explains their intentions and motivations.

2 Likes

To be perfectly fair, while yes we can fling mud at CCP as a wider organisation, this feels like the lore team and events team trying their best to appeal to RPers, and especially to Minmatar RPers who play their origins to one of the other tribes. In game mechanics and limitations have, for years, been worked around just fine within the RP community when it comes to the limitations of the bloodline system, so I see this renewed focus as a positive step on things that are achievable now rather than wait for an overhaul in character creation to have it then.

3 Likes

I had thought a former corpmate of mine had been able to change their default, but I was mistaken! I agree that there should be a default NPC corp change change ability.

For lack of a Minmatar appropriate idiom: From your lips to God’s ears.

(let me know if you have a Minmatar-style idiom for this saying and I change it.)

1 Like

Probably a bit offtopic, but still related to lore events: Would it be possible to add in more pve events the possibility to participate for both sides? Like the option in the blood raider event 2020 where it was possible to attack Shining Flame sites instead of Blood Raider ones. It would greatly help capsuleers who are loyal to a pirate faction. They would not have to sacrifice their hard earned standing for gaining event points anymore so that they could get the character locked limited event skins for their pirate faction.

4 Likes

btw, @CCP_Fozzie : with this renewed focus on the empires of new eden and the stories of the empires of new eden…

… any chance the World News channel can get any visibility, anywhere? In-game? On the launcher? Linked literally anywhere on the website that isn’t nested in 3 layers of drop-downs and you have to know what you’re even looking for?

If you want people to care about what’s going on… it helps to tell them what’s going on, you know?

12 Likes

Finally… After so many years CCP finally remembered… :sob:

There was a video that could explain this action. If I can recall which one it was I’ll link it later.

CCP has done a great deal of work on the new player experience. One of the things they identified as problematic was requiring new players who are completely unfamiliar with the game to make choices on lore details that have a rich background and profound ramifications that they are unaware of.
I believe the decision has been made to temporally re-locate these choices to a time when the player has the ability to comprehend their selection.

I understand your alarm, (I feel similarly about Bio’s). However, I’m reassured that CCP knows it is developing a role-playing game.

Hi @CCP_Fozzie,

@Alain_Colcer has spearheaded the festivities for a long time now as well as @Commander_A9 in his absence. Here is the post for this years event.

4 Likes

This is amazing! Will see if I can participate in these. Been a long time since I was around.

4 Likes

Some fun on Liberation Day. Bring fireworks!

No propaganda event for Liberation Day?

equality is not in the charter…
Who needs propaganda when structures of substance are about to be delivered?

We wanted to give the RP community ? Seriously ?
Was there a choice for RP players in the 21/08/2015 Safizon ?

For me personally, Amarr Foundation Day will be 09.10YC110

It was on that day that the Amarr Empire became a true Empire.

Here are some roleplay events in space and otherwise planned for Foundation Day!

2 Likes

here’s the specific link to the contest

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.