FPS and playing Eve

So what do you get for your FPS in EVE?

I’m currently getting 22.7 with my AMD FX-8320 and a AMD RX 580 with 6GB
I’m planning to upgrade to a ryzen 5 or 7 and RTX 2060 with 6GB

Running 2 clients at the moment. What does everybody else use?

1 Like

for best peformance i would advise using Dx11. dx12 seems to tank your frames, in my experience.

2 Likes

Personally I find that when I’m told to go to potato mode for a large battle…in fact it actually makes practically no difference if I don’t and I stay on high graphics.

That does not surprise me, as my RTX 3060 is designed to cope with a lot of stuff, and in fact I suspect it probably does more work scaling stuff down than just letting it get on with what it is designed to do.

1 Like

Need 8gb vram and tbh man with the way gaming is going just wait longer and save up for a card with 12gb Vram + you will future proof yourself.

1 Like

I normally run average of 30 fps with all the glitter and tinsel running. There is an in game monitor you can bring up. I assume you know this since you stated your own at 22.7. If I use the toggle CTRL+Shift+F9, I get 110 to 120 fps but this eliminates all the 3D rendering. I drop the shaders, field of depth focal blur, trails, and I get around 40 to 50 fps. It just all depends on how much eye candy you desire.

If you upgrade from RX to RTX on the GPU, that alone will make a world of difference with all your gaming. This GPU comparison site helps a little. Just select you current GPU from the drop down menu and what you plan to upgrade from the drop down menu on the right.

2 Likes

My fps is all over the place. If I turn everything off I can get up to 3-400 fps, though 200 is the highest I normally get in minmatar station environments with most things maxed out - i believe i have reflections lowered since they don’t make any positive difference to my gameplay anyway. 60-100 is what I can normally get during pve. Jita undock is like 40-50.

I used to run with vsync on, but the 5% lows were killing me. The fps drops are less abusive without vsync on. Even then, when I open some windows, my stuff will drop to 0fps (not sure if that’s just due to my hardware, or crappy coding on CCP’s part.)

Hardware: i7-5820 (cpu from 2015 - not win11 eligible) and an RX 6650xt (which I bought about a year and a half ago.)

I can confirm this

Ryzen 7 5800, 32gb ram 3000, 2070 8gb, 1tb sse m2 nvm, Win 11, Dx 11. Running one client in 2k resolution, maxed out settings with FSR on Ultra. 58 fps average. Minimal around 45