Devblog: EVE 64-bit & DirectX 12

Check out this devblog for the latest information on the upcoming transition to a 64-bit client and work toward the move to DirectX 12.

Read all about it here!

30 Likes

Whats up with all this communication lately!??? +1

15 Likes

Amazing! Keep up the good work! :heart: :rocket: :sun_with_face:

6 Likes

With DirectX 12 we’ll be able to use technologies such as DirectX Raytracing,

Yeah CCP, thats what we have been wanting all this time, ■■■■■■■ ray tracing…can’t make this ■■■■ up anymore.

8 Likes

Can you tell us about plans if any for sli/crossfire support with DX12.

Because obviously all the art team engineers should be working on balancing capitals, right?

21 Likes

Nobody is interested in raytracing, please dont make that a thing, im interested in not crashing, and simulating a massive multiplayer online simulation thats fun to experience in many different ways.

Personally I need to see how this is a huge step forward and an improvement for everything, and not just 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

10 Likes

I notice things are signed by eve dev team as opposed to specific five 0 or such. Is this a new policy or is the writing being handed over to one group for public consumption?

m

3 Likes

Since with the 64 bit client the only DirectX version will be 12, won’t you be booting off every Windows 7 & 8 user there is? Far as I know DirectX12 is Windows 10 exclusive. So either this is a massive oversight or I’m lacking information.

Edit: So. Seems like I read the text a bit too quick. DirectX 11 will be supported so if you have a graphics card from 2011 onwards, you should be set.

2 Likes

It’s just an example of something available in DX 12.

The higher DX versions tend to be more efficient with modern graphics cards, capable of more performance, for less power.

4 Likes

Well I’m done then. No more eve for me until I can afford a new pc.

3 Likes

they will keep support for directx 11

1 Like

The two aren’t connected directly. The 64 Bit client will come before the DX upgrade.

4 Likes

Why would the art team be working on balancing capitals? Is game balancing part of an art teams brief?

CSM and 100% retarded…nice one.

2 Likes

Are you not able to run eve in DX11 mode right now?

Squeeee! See you folks on Duality!

1 Like

It looked like you were complaining about the Art team doing art related work.

10 Likes

You didn’t notice his sarcasm?

7 Likes

I dont think I can, and I dont remember If i put 2 or 4g of ram in my PC. It canstantly freezes up or lags during missions. But it is 13 yrs old

So how much more memory does the 64 bit client use in large fights on average? With the recent memory bloat over the last few years my computer now struggles to run four clients in a big fight. I was hoping the 32 bit client would continue being supported because that had a hard memory cap (I’d rather the occasional client crash then all clients becoming unresponsive due to paging).