Frig Holes Have to go

Please tell me, why should ‘farmhole problems’ be nonexistent?

Why should the game be changed to allow you to farm without risk?

5 Likes

:thinking: We Krab with active frig holes all the time. Set a few scouts, Krab away. If a large enough gang finds you just safe up, but thats unlikely. A small gang of some dessies shouldnt stop a mining fleet and just reship to pew pew your ratters.

2 Likes

because pvp follows pve. The more people that are out krabbing(in ships that are catchable CCPLEASE) the more people rolling for them and so more people get to have fun.

But farming is besides my real point, its like this weird gotcha you’re using. Frigholes for farmers are mild inconvinience at best that they can just wait out, but their abusability is insane for pvp situations

at best you can roll them, they are harder but not impossible. or you can just set a scout on them. They just make it harder for groups to completely shut of a system and be largely unaffected whenever they want from the rest of the game.

J-space needs to be made more chaotic and unpredictable not less.

IIRC is was mathed that you cant actually roll them. If that is incorrect, please post a video.

it’s still highly impractical, just not impossible. you need a large number of ships jumping at the same time otherwise it regenerates faster than you can deplete it.

Is he still alive ffs!???

[/quote]

or play “farmwille” ? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Given the amount of wealth being generated every month in wormholes (whether that’s by actual wormholers or day tripping roachers and filament gangs), I don’t think it’s a great idea to make it safer to do that, honestly.

Having defended an eviction that was only possible (even though we eventually lost) because of frig holes, they can benefit both defenders and attackers, depending on a variety of circumstances.
I don’t think they’re so awful that they need to go, even though I know they aren’t popular with many, if not most, wormholers.

O7 Brisc, thanks again for being so active on the forum as a CSM. Just wanted to share a wormholer’s perspective because as you know, we don’t have a native CSM :disappointed_relieved:

While I take your point on the krabbing safety, the issue here is not about making krabbing safer. Frig holes certainly make krabbing more dangerous, the issue is that they make it so dangerous that the vast majority of people won’t krab in a system which has one. As most wormholers will krab in a home system, they simply stay docked up and wait out the spawn(s) sometimes for days at a time (these things spawn surprisingly often).

In that case they haven’t increased risk, they’ve just eliminated content. No content for the krab, no content for the pvp group hunting krabs. I can attest to both, having frig holes in my farmhole means no ratting for me. Likewise rage rolling for pvp has been so dry recently my Corp has moved on to do other things. Ironically that actually makes krabbing in wormholes safer…

On evictions, I don’t know when your eviction defence was (although if it was the one I think it was you only lost because your huge fleet, which got in through a frig hole, left because you got blue balled?) but since the interdiction changes the eviction meta has shifted to huge blobs in either defence or attack. In many cases, frig holes are facilitating that blobbing, it’s easy to keep throwing shuttles at a hole, and the result is that really hyped up fights are being blobbed out with (usually the attackers) being so outnumbered that they filament out of the hole and no one gets a fight. From a defender’s pov that’s a good thing, it’s becoming very hard to evict a home hole now but again ironically this is making j space safer for people to set up in which was never supposed to be the case.

Tl;dr, you want wormhole space to be more dangerous but in actual fact frig holes are making it safer and less fun.

as some who has been in wh since they were launched i can say this is not true. You have to take more precautions but you don’t have to stop.

and hey if you don’t want to krab with a firg hole and one spawns take it as a sign from bob to go hunting instead

1 Like

I never said you had to stop, just that the majority of people (at least those I know) won’t krab with one in system but will rather wait a day or two until they can krab without one. It’s not a mechanical issue preventing krabbing but it does reduce the amount of people in space at any one time.

there was a time that mentality would get your group evicted on principle. WH really has decayed

1 Like

And this is the problem with having null sec people dictating changes for others who don’t play the same game. While I appreciate your response and respect your opinion you’re wrong. It doesn’t have anything at all to do with making them safer and like others have said will actually make it more dangerous.

If there’s a frig hole I’m not doing anything in my farm. I don’t care how unlikely it is that I’ll get f*cked with. Just like you null guys and campers. Y’all don’t do anything when you have cloaky campers in a system is the same idea. But even with everything rolled getting rage rolled into is a very real threat. When I’m in site with my marauder I’m stuck. Period. No getting out of my bubble on the drifter and the site scrams.

OP is specifically asking for frigate holes to be removed so he can krab in safety. I mean, you said right here:

So, if you’re not generating wealth because there’s a frig hole in the system, removing them makes it safer to generate wealth. Obviously, if it’s too dangerous to rat in a hole with a frig hole, it’s safer if there is no frig hole. So how, exactly, would be it be more dangerous to remove them?

So, again, my point stands. Given the amount of wealth being generated in wormholes - it’s around 600 billion a day per the last MER - I just don’t think it’s necessary to make a change that will make it safer to generate wealth. If that number drops dramatically, which would mean that nobody is making money in WHs anymore, than I could see the issue being addressed. But despite the fact that frig holes have been around for months now, the numbers have been fairly steady in terms of wealth generation.

2 Likes

As the person above me said it doesn’t provide safety at all it provides an illusion of it. It’s the exact same as with y’all’s cloaky camping problem that CCP fixed which I was glad for. Are you going to go out and rat with a camper in system? Prob not.

The point I’m trying to make is this… if there’s a frig hole I’m logging off. (Or coming back to delve to shoot at you guys lol) If there’s not a frig hole I’m in space. People that live in or have connections to the c5 highway frequently rage roll their static to find people ratting and if I don’t have a frig hole that could be me. If I do they’ll find yet another empty hole. They do the same thing that cloaky campers did kill content with no way to counter them. They can’t be rolled.

Thanks for reading man even though I don’t agree with you I appreciate that you communicate on the forums. Hopefully next year we can get someone in that understands how our space works and get CCP to stop screwing us over.

The issue wasn’t cloaky camping, it was AFK cloaky camping. There was never going to be a fix for cloaky camping, because that’s legitimate gameplay. It was that it was often being done AFK that was the problem. The fix didn’t stop cloaky camping at all - it helped stop AFK cloaky camping.

But you don’t HAVE to log off - that’s your choice. I mean, how often do roaming frigate gangs kill ratting marauders in J space? Most of the marauders I see dying are dying to cruisers+ sized groups. What is the danger of having a frigate hole that makes it impossible for you to take the risk to stay out?

Good luck finding anybody who can get CCP to stop screwing you over - they tend to do that regardless of who is on the CSM from where, lol.

if I roll all the holes in my system then keep D-scan and the probe scan open there is not a place in eve safer. anyone who was loged of or cloaked in the system will require poping probes and i can see any new connection appear immediately on the probe scanner

the problem is ccp keeps making it safer and easier to live in WH…

How many times do wormholers with actual experience and knowledge have to explain why the wealth generation is so absurd? When will you and CCP listen to our suggested changes instead of being “you make enough isk, go to hell”