From Extraction To Production: Update

I don’t think this is a fair way to look at the situation. It’s too comparative with the current scarcity mindset. Two years ago miners in these changes wouldn’t have been viewed as fighting over “bonus” rocks, but the 30% of rocks that were left after a serious resource nerf. In six months they won’t be “bonus” rocks, they’ll just be rocks.

Alright then, Remove all combat capabilities from command battlecruisers, Command destroyers, Carriers. These are command ships? That should be there only role… Right?

6 Likes

Did i miss it or were they as quiet as Church Mice about the amount of ore in the belts?

Originally they said they were going to double the amount of ore in the belts, but one penny times 200% is still only two pennies……

Doubling of next to nothing makes most mining improvements still worthless.

We need more material or all this is like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

4 Likes

LOL

Carebears are so mind-numbingly stupid.

The Orca is a command ship. It requires no capital ship skills to fly, and its mass is only marginally higher than that of a battleship.

How can anyone take you people and your demands seriously when you don’t even understand such basic fundamentals?

1 Like

People who play eve but can’t do industry are ignorant morons.

Orca requires capital parts to build, and capital ship construction skills to start the build.

But we know you’re just here to troll with your ignorance, so just keep entertaining us with how dumb you are.

1 Like

The new skill will give a reduction to quantity consumption.

1 Like

Orca not being a capital ship, good one , good one.

4 Likes

If you think today was a dumpster fire what do you think last week was?

1 Like

I’ll say it again. The only part of today that is better is T1 waste.

Everything else is worse, and that is after we gave extensive feedback on why what was bad is bad. So yeah, the dumpster fire it is today is certainly blazing higher than last week. The move was made, and one point aside, it was made demonstratively backwards.

i hope i’m not alone in this but here’s my view… it was perfectly fine before the changes. i’m use to the old way and loved it. it was great and i dont want any changes so when i red the first post i was like wtf this is dumb like wtf we’re they thinking. i’m not mad just really disappointed and this new change is better but its still far from what it was. it needs to be rolled back to original settings and leave it be.

Om boy.
All you should have done is waste of T2 Atype as T1 so that there is no real difference for waste.
With the waste rn it would mean either use t1 or fraction on R64 moons.
Well on the other side I can use all t2 crystals and still use the t1 on moons by the alliance since it’s 00 and cheap and does the job seems nice.

However yes you need capital ship construction to build it yet you do not need capital ship skill to fly it

Why was this changed though jim? What was CCP’s statement when they made the changes to the orca and rorqual initially? That they wanted the ships to be used, On field and by players where they are risked, Not just sat in a POS. Look at them now, They want them to just be put back in a POS, No sane person is going to risk fielding a 10bill Rorqual, Thats stuck in place for 5 minutes, Is now harder to fit a tank due to increased core fitting requirements, To boost their fleet 6% more than a 200m porpoise. Same for the orca, Noone is going to risk 1.8b hull to boost a fleet, there is no gain to that pilot then…

3 Likes

I was comparing to Lasers, not the T1 Strip Miners, good point. ^^ The yield of faction gear should probably be weighted against T2 a little more in faction’s favor. Current costs of faction gear aren’t a reliable basis for argument, though, as supply will rise drastically over the next few months to meet new demand for what was, previously, a fairly pointless purchase.

While my analogy is not perfect in every possible situation you could apply it to, my point stands - there generally is, and generally should be, a trade-off between choosing faction and T2 gear. Creating a choice of efficiency or speed is an appropriate tradeoff, and the presence of a meaningful reason to use faction miners has been lacking for quite some time.

Alternatively you can lower Orca cost to that of a Command Ship, and Rorqual cost down to that of non-combat-fit carrier.
And lower Porpoise cost to that of a Command dessie while we’re at it. So that if their function is that of a command ship, they would cost like they are a command ship.

2 Likes

What kind of stuff an item requires for construction has nothing to do with what kind of object it is in its final form.

An Orca is not a capital ship. It takes no capital skills to fly. It has the attributes of a large-sized, non-capital hull. Just because CCP balanced out the ship’s construction requirements to need capital parts to differentiate it from cheaper hulls doesn’t mean it’s a capital ship.

2 Likes

So I’m curious; why does wastage need to exist? Why can’t all the other changes continue forward with evaluation, while dropping waste? And just rebalance the existing modules to achieve the desired effect? I don’t understand the importance of this new mechanic

4 Likes

Also, Someone explain this to me. Rorquals not a mining ship… But its the only ship that can use excavators… Ok.

Secondly, Why are the supposadly best mining drones the ones getting the MOST waste out of everything to the point that again, Noone is going to use them. So actually, Just use t1 drones on your rorquals now guys…

I said it before and ill say it again, CCP just cut the ■■■■■■■■ and remove rorquals and the rest of the capitals from the game, Thats legitimately your current path anyway nerfing them to the point that they cannot be used…

Just save us all time and effort and remove them.

3 Likes

actually sadly… thanks again to ccp, None combat carrier without fittings is 8 Billion :’) :’) :’) :’)

While I admit I’m not up to current carrier prices, evepraisal showed me 2.3bil for hull, and I’m fairly certain that non-combat fitting without fighters can’t be over 700mil.

Which is still below empty Rorqual hull price.