From Extraction To Production: Update

No, I am not a ganker.

But I am not an idiot either blind to ignore the fact of their impact on the ecosystem.

We don’t have to like it. We don’t have to love it. Hell, even we don’t have to respect it.

But to be able to talk about it we have to know and understand these gameplay mechanics and possible reflections.

Alright then. I’ll simply refer you to the original dev blog, that is where they talk about it.

Can you link it, please?
which one you are talking about? Because from the first message my comments refer to the EHP changing of the mining ships which presented in this OP.
What other DEV blog you are talking about?

Swiftly mentionned here

And adressed in the OP as well, as you apparently know already. So you have the why. That was your question (the why) ?

The way I see this “Update” is a further kick in the teeth for the solo miner comunity. Making it even more difficult to mine ore/gas, with slower drones that mine less. Some we have to expose our ships longer to those who hunt us.

The hunters have been given new ships, new weapons and lots of other stuff, which we miners are defenceless against.

What should have happened, in my view, is the possibilitry of upgrading the Orca to a Tech II and III, to fit alien tech, more mining drones, alien mining drones ect. I mean give us something. The compressing module and industrial cores only make it more convenient for the pirates and gankers to salvage our wrecks. To fill a compressed hold we would have to stay out even longer.

I don’t know if anyone else has been down the path of Solo Capital Production, but it is near impossible to build one from scratch and make a profit. This update forces Fleets upone those who like to work alone.
With the changes to moon mining, we are forced to go into hazzardes space to set up our Anthanors. Sure it is part of the game to take these risks, and I accept that. But I am sure if you where to look at the survival stats of mining stations lately, they will be eyewatering.

I am sure other solo miners feel as I do. Everything is given to the fighters and the big corps and we are left with even more hurdles to overcome.

My suggestions:

1 - Make the Orca researchable to at least Tech II.
2- Make mining a little “Safer” with some new defence tech (II).
3- Allow some extra drones to compensate for the waste factors and the larger capacities.
4- New alien drones.
5- More planet slots or Command centres with more capacity for more industries per planet.

In short: make it possible again for an individual industrialist to do it all.

1 Like
  1. Link you have sent does not refer this subject even.
  2. Forum thread connected to that dev post is already locked. This is new one with update.

You are either high or drunk. Wost case trolling in dev op. No good .
Do not misdirect people .

This is the right place ( this . Means this OP is related OP ) … Also this :
New EHP Balance of the Mining Ships and Outcome - #21 by PixyWarrior_Ellecon Related.

Yourself.

From the link:

• Increasing the resistance profiles of all exhumers
  • Increase the base HP of, and adding mid slot to, Covetor and Retriever

From the current OP:

This is your own thread, not a CCP dev thread, and clearly not the dev blog…

Last I saw, HP on the Proc armour was being increased by 500 or so. That in no way makes up for the loss of 2 mid slots in which Multispectrum Shield Enhancers can be placed. The additional low slot will mean one can add 800mm steel plates…but I remain to be convinced that I will have higher overall EHP after all this than I currently have.

2 Likes

Reading lesson one :
This is the right place. ( dot ) dot means sentence end here. This OP is the right place for him to sent his comment.

Also this : given link. Presents alternative place to share concerns with CSM .

You did direct poster to closed old DEV post .

This is the right place .
His post is about the OP .

I’m totally with you on this, and have pointed it out myself in this thread.

1 Like

Reading lesson to you as well : (and you are f***** anoying)
CONTEXT! DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE REPLYING TO ???

The link is the freakin dev blog I was mentioning in response to someone. That person then ask for the link to the dev blog, so I linked the f******* dev blog. It is not a “dev post”, It is NOT the first thread on the forum about this update. Go f****** read the dev blog link I gave. That link is NOT the forum. Wake up !!!

And I f***** talked about THIS current thread we are both posting on right now, where that person question was already answered by CCP Psych in the very first post, commonly refered to as OP

What is your problem ?

1 Like

Yeah it’s pretty laughable when the devs straight up lie about stuff like that.

They nerf the tank and remove mid-slots from the Skiff and Procurer and then try to convince you they are increasing the tank.

Did you take into account the almost doubled PG - according to Pyfa if you put a DC in the third low, your yield goes up 10% and you get more EHP with 2x T2 MSH or put a third MLU in the low and remove the DC and get more yield for slightly less tank.

Either way, you have to look at this more than just XX bbase - you have to look at the entire fit and what you can do with it.

1 Like

Out of curosity - please link me the before and after fits and your EHP - I am genuinely curious how you can say that?

Procurer

My current fit on TQ for the procurer.
Note : a Survey scanner is a must, I don’t want to waste cycle time.

58154 ehp (I’m only level 4 Shield Management)
Yield is 7.7m3/sec per strip miner

[Procurer, *Simulated Procurer Fitting]
Mining Laser Upgrade II
Mining Laser Upgrade II

Survey Scanner II
Medium Shield Extender II
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II

Strip Miner I
Strip Miner I

Medium Core Defense Field Extender I

Hobgoblin II x5
Hornet II x5

Tomorrow’s fit after the patch (based on Singularity fitting window)
59438 ehp. NOT a huge increase, for a ship that had it’s weight doubled.
Yield is 6.8m3/sec per strip miner
[Procurer, *Simulated Procurer Fitting]
Mining Laser Upgrade II
Mining Laser Upgrade II
Damage Control II

Survey Scanner II

Strip Miner I
Strip Miner I

Caldari Navy Hornet x5
Caldari Navy Vespa x5

You just replied to two very obvious trolls.

In current game, according to Pyfa, your fit has 81K EHP with all lvl 5. If his screenshot is correct it’ll be about 15% less BUT he doesn’t fit a survey. If his Pyfa is actually correct (who the fck knows) then a proc is going to lose a lot of EHP.

Then again, in the first iteration they stated the proc and skiff would lose EHP, not sure what happened to that.

Tomorrow’s fit after the patch (based on Singularity fitting window)

Yeah - I am not totally convinced sisi is still correct - this is what i got via pyfa

EDIT: add screenshot of strip miner I’s as that is what you used - showing 6.81m3/s

This whole game is about choices - if you choose to fit a survey scanner instead of tank - that is a choice - it is a choice you didn’t have to make before but you do now.

the 3rd low can add tank or yield - that is your wildcard now