From Extraction To Production: Update

No plan to gank, I want to join them with my mining ship (not decided which yet) and genuinely mine with them. :slight_smile:

You are putting this BS live and it still isn’t even available on Singularity for us to test. WTF is your issue

1 Like

Really?? It’s been on sisi… do need to explain it again!!

There is no damn god given right on tested and well thought out patches.

3 Likes

There’s a tooltip bug on SISI displaying inflated values for each module in the fitting window - the actual amount mined is in parity with proposed changes (and info on the module will display what I believe are accurate numbers) but if it goes live it may overpromise what a fit can do by a substantial amount.

I’m on sisi currently and the ORCA still shows exact same boosts as Live and none of the BP’s or Modules are on the market to even look at. So yea perhaps you need to explain.

A Venture can already mine at 55% of the rate of a Proc with Mining Laser II. Add in the fact that a Venture with afterburner ( does anyone ever put one on a Proc ? ) will get to the asteroids quicker and that is more like 60%. The higher warp speed of the Venture to any station makes it more like 65%. In fact I was quite surprised at how fast my Venture was bringing in ISK relative to my Procurer.

Then add in the fact that a Venture can be set up for just 3m ISK…whereas my Proc is around 51m ISK…so that is 48m ISK to have to ‘make up’, especially with the Venture being far more manoeverable and thus less gankable.

Throw in the nerf to the Proc shielding…the ‘waste’ mechanic, yada yada…and I may just decide it’s easier just to mine in a Venture.

2 Likes

Yes, if the likelyhood of getting killed in your area is high it may be more economical to mine in a Venture than in a Procurer. And that’s perfectly fine.

3 Likes

or step up to something bigger than a proc…

Finally got a look on test at the new modules. Just canceled 4 accounts. Adding almost 2 months of training time so I can fly a gimped version of the ship i’m currently flying is just unacceptable. My Best toon needs 24 days. I’m out. will also cancel my mains when they run out of cash these toons used to bring me. Way to finally kill EVE.

and For CCP these were ALL paid accounts. I never plexed any of them.

4 Likes

Try Delve

With Type C crystals ? I think the timer is not going to be implemented at first.
Maurasi used to be quite active with miners (and gankers, of course).

Will the issue with the agility of the barges be fixed before tomorrow?

I don’t think the Procurer is supposed to take 20 seconds to align, while the Covetor quickly aligns in less than 10 seconds?

Something got messed up when you changed the mass of those ships, I think.

Bingo. Yeah no timer yet, but I want to test it. Probably still too slow deleting a rock to be fun.

Not to mention you will be in a barge…if you are going to sit there long enough to delete rocks, id think the group you are trying to steal rocks from will have time to come and kill you.

1 Like

She want to test in high-sec, the most disorganized/solo space of all (generaly speaking)

Yaar, same though…most mining groups of any size have a vast amount of ganking chars…cant see this emerging as a gameplay style that will go beyond the odd lol fleet.

She’ll just annoy/piss off people who won’t engage anyway. Waste of time, unless she just want to get some reaction in chat. I’d ignore her and move on elsewhere. But of course, not before calling her names, so that she gets what she was looking for.

This is the biggest fallacy I’ve read in this post yet. You’re completely wrong

I don’t need to be in a barge. You can use modulated miners with crystals which fit on every turret ship. But hey, if CCP has nothing new but this … if they would enable the winter event tomorrow this would be great.

Deleting the battle Procurer is a shame …