Fueling Citadels

Are you in the same corporation don’t you? If so why you don’t have roles.
If you are in different corporations and you are friends why didn’t he gave you permissions to fuel hold.

No, I am not in the same corporation. None of those who are concerned about him are in the same corp. We were/are all members of a social chat.

As to his corp? I believe, though I could be mistaken, he was in a corp with his alts. So, we (those who would help out) are presented with another dead end, as none of those characters are available either.

I just know I would help him out, if I could, as would a couple of other regulars in the chat.

1 Like

Hmm… I see. Thank you.

Do you have blue standing from him (or his corp) maybe?

I can’t speak for anyone other than myself, at the moment, for knowledge of his blues.

He role-played as a pirate and as far as I know had no blues whatsoever, but my knowledge, as to how he arranged standings, is extremely limited, it is possible there are blues, somewhere.

Thx for reply

All I can conclude now is something wrong with current citadel mechanics. It does better than POS but definitely not finalized. And thanks to this topic I see now that this is about the fuel. Fueling mechanics they took from POS. They didn’t have to. There shouldn’t be any fueling for citadels but something else instead.

Without fueling being directly related to the old POS fuel blocks and all the components needed would drop in price as there would be a drastic glut on the market forever and ruin all ice mining and a lot of PI production in the process. So no I disagree with you that not having fuel in citadels is a good idea.

This has to do with roles being tied to docking rights rather than individual roles for people and fulfills the role of Star base Fuel Technician simply combining it with the docking rights list.

It makes it super easy that if you dont want it done dont let them be able to USE the citadel at all by denying docking. If you dont trust someone this far then why let them use it at all in the first place?

Your citadel isnt a space half way house for every vagrant that flies by, nor should it be. And if you wish it to be as such then allowing people to help you out by tossing fuel in, at their own expense, should be the least of your worries or concerns.

Having modules on it but inactive, or letting it go inactive yourself, shows you either dont care about your citadel, your docking list, rights and roles given, or the people who use/used it in the first place. And if you are somehow above letting others help you out or make it easy for others to fuel it in your absence then yes let the world know as it sits in “low power” mode till someone releaves you of it.

This is also a great way to create more opportunities for fights and timers simply by the “generous” act of donating fuel to cause more fights and confrontations. Trust me annoying or pissing people off makes for some great content, bitter grudges and all out wars.

Market fate never should be the reason of something. Market is the effect (consequence) but not the cause.

The fueling - yes- indeed is problem. And this is because EVE is not a real life, it’s a game. So people must not be trapped by this timers. They must not babyseat their structures. They can log-off for a day maybe for a week. They even can go off-line for a year and then return back.
It always been a problem with this game - you should keep schedule for logging on in order to keep things arranged. This is not good for just a game.
There can be anything done with fuelling but all this will be unnatural. Fueling must be replaced by other more useful and effective mechanics.

Firesales are a thing.

If you’re going to commit to infrastructure, commit to it. Nobody is required to deploy their own infrastructure. Some people may choose to, but you can also choose to unanchor/sell if you want to take a break.

again, if its random people in your alliance or corp and you set that option up on an ACL im fine with it.

But i don’t like the option of having random people that are not in your corp or alliance doing it simply because i feel that its only use will be to put fuel in low power citadels to troll people attacking them.

nah. what makes interesting is the amount of trust needed between players to do things or make some things easier.

And this would create those trust issues in that anyone could not only be nice but also hurt you if they can dock in your citadels so be careful who you let dock instead of just making them freeports.

Its like making the docking rights list also have the same roles as fuel technician. And if you REALLY want to go on a limb for trust then open the fuel bay as a two way move. Then youd have to trust everyone that docks not to offline everything. But that would be too easy wouldnt it?

how exactly can they hurt me by being able to add fuel?

The only way I would consider agreeing to this is if it is applied to npc stations.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.