FW How to revive and make attractive again

Easy to do and easy to be caught. Much easier to catch than bots in plexes.

you can take as many as you like but only 3 would get in every minute, of course this is clearly just an example and if someone wants to play 6 accounts to farm one plex at a time then thats proof enough that it would reduce the effect of botting or farming.

you mena if its classed as an exploit?
probably, i presume if its on the same ip yeh.

No matter which way you cut it, artificial limits on entry makes an environment worse and subject to meta gaming

ok lets just be clear.

No, it doesnt.

Look at resource wars as to what artificial limits to content did.

Edit, the rewards were also bad and didnā€™t help either.

ā€˜resource warsā€™ did not limit mass into the plex per jump, like wormholes do; which actually disproves your theory that

doesnt it?

Your not reading what i wrote, its ok, i dont expect you too tbh.

Wormholes also respawn inside the wormhole after the one collapses, providing a constant means of entry/exit from the hole.

You are correct on that, I skimmed over things.

I still donā€™t agree with artificial limits though even if they appear to be reasonable for the moment.

In a game i think there has to be something; otherwise it becomes too chaotic.

Have you read the story of fansy the bard?

Thats basically what happens when there are no artificial limits imho.

As it stands facwar i think could be a lot more fun if people couldnt warp off so easily and if the rewards were based more around pvp than simply sitting i a plex in an unfitted ship and warping off when people come within 1au.

All this is complicated BS, CCP should select system and every 3 hour open it for 20 crusers from both sides just a simple battleground, loosers get XY SP winners gets 3 x more SP.
Clean and simple.
( Alternatives: another systems fo freigate batle, destroyer battle ā€¦ )
P.S. Nothing of this, this is too much fair game for old toxic Eve players ā€¦

It may cut back on botting, but i shouldnā€™t be able to lock out sites by using friends and alts.

You want fw to be highly focused around pvp. So donā€™t let me run sites with a way to block enemies out.

And i donā€™t need to constantly spam the gate, i just need to spam it when it looks like a gang that can beat me comes a long. And just enough so that when they try the gate, a small portion of their gang jumps in so i can take em 3v2 or 3v1 etc.

Not every gang is gonna be bothered to wait the timer out either.

Compare that to today, where any size gang can fit in any plex and donā€™t have to worry about convoluted mechanics or timers.

Too many holes. It just doesnā€™t work.

1 Like

But that would require you to be on the same side of the gate as the enemy gang? Your also using the exact numbers iā€™ve given you as a set piece; the ā€˜holesā€™ you see are only ones you have created, so it does work or could; your just saying ā€˜ā€˜no, wont workā€™ā€™ without attempting to make it work.

Imagine that was the attitude of the wright brothers before they started working on their first designs, they would never have got anywhere.

So now i have to tell you the gate allows 5 through or xxxx mass, you say no no it wont work becuase not enough ships, so we increase the mass againā€¦ and you imagine up another issue that in your head would make it not work.

Truth is i specifically picked three because that seemed like a high amount of players to see in a plex.
The truth also is that if the enemy players dont want to play 1v3 instead of waiting a minute, they wont.

Iā€™ll be honest your arguments against are feeble at best and dont really seem baed around a logical or pragmatic approach to problem solving for example.

Where is your proposed solution?

it actually is, because many farmers warp off at the drop of a hat; hell many of them arenā€™t even fitted and i suspect more than a few are likely bots.
Having them have to at least move away before being able to warp and having the timer reset fullyā€¦

why? wouldnt work, people would just form blob and then blueball.

you couldnt do this solo so wouldnt work.

Pirate factions? but they are nothing to do with faction warfare? its empire vs empire not vvs piratesā€¦

See what i did there?

Truth is it would work, it does work; the mechanics are in place in other areas. For example mass pr jump and jump timers as in wormholes, though in a slightly different way; of course it could be made to work in a similar way but collapsing the gate i dont feel is an idea.
ESS, points you if you try to steal someone elses loot; i dont see how running a facwar plex is really any different.
So in effect if it doesnt work, why do these other items work?

simply put, because your not actually thinking about itā€¦ or perhaps your one of the atrons that keep warping away everytime i slide inā€¦

Thereā€™s no way you can limit gates without it being gamed. I can still deny entry by meeting the threshold of the gate, or i can stack the odds by almost meeting the threshold for entry, leaving only a little for would be opponents.

I say it cant work because this isnā€™t the first time itā€™s been discussed.

Every time someone asks the question you need to repeat the entire past discussion!

1 Like

Like wormholes?

you could yes, but for a 10 minute facwar plex you would clearly have to be really desperate.

In either of those cases you would have stacked enough at the plex that well done, you take the plex cus no one wants to go thereā€¦
Technically that would constitute a ā€˜working as intendedā€™

not quite, and to be frank if it was discussed by yourself and others i fail to see the importance of your input.
I mean literally your saying a small facwar plex can be ā€˜gamedā€™ by you sitting ten people on it; thats an odd version of gamed - in lowsec we call it camped, and then we move on muttering ā€˜yeh f@#k thatā€™

Im literally left gobsmacked in your inability to understand this tbvh.

Honestly and i dont mean to be rude here, but when ws the last time you saw more than 3 frigates or destroyers in most facwar plexes?

Im sorry Daichi but i really dont think you have any experience in lowsec, and defo not the facwar plexes.

i find this idea very interesting, and highly support it, howver, i think weā€™d have to talk about this a little more in detail, or we will get sp bots and account selling out the wazoo.

I think the lp system needs to be changed. It may be interesting to make the current stuff in it drop from loot in the activitie, and shift the rewards to injectors or cosmetic items. This would enable the isk values to be boosted on fw to controlable rates, as well as make it very rng, and provide an option like this to be viable.

this would largely remove the botting, and still provide it as a unique option. i will add, this lp change should be universal and effect missions the same

That kills the sandbox elementā€¦ I dunno about other FW players, but I enjoy hunting other frigates and destroyers in a system

Yes like wormholes, which people close to protect themselves from pvp.

theres also doctrines and tactics designed around hole control too tbhā€¦

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.