FW: Killing Upwell structures of opposing faction should count as a faction warfare kill

That is not possible. You can’t block enemy militia from docking. You can’t let ally militia in.

Yes, I know it’s not possible right now. That’s why this is a proposed change in the “player features & ideas” section.

I don’t see how. The war only lasts 7 days even if it continues to apply to an individual, all they have to do to escape is let the timer run out and stay out of a war-eligible corp so it can’t be renewed. The harassment potential is extremely limited here, and I don’t see how it’s any worse than bumping/suicide ganking/etc someone until they ragequit under the current mechanics.

(Of course really the problem is that CCP doesn’t have a clear and consistent definition of harassment and how it is different from legitimate conflict, or much apparent interest in enforcing any kind of anti-harassment policy outside of the most egregious offenses.)

Does it have to be an up front cost.

Not necessarily. But looking at it from a pragmatic game development point of view introducing sufficient benefits to provide this incentive would mean making some massive balance changes to the core of the EVE economy. It’s theoretically possible but I don’t see CCP investing the effort. My proposal, on the other hand, could be implemented fairly easily and would have few consequences on other areas of the game.

I’m not sure I made this entirely clear in my first post. At the moment Upwell structures of the opposing militia is colored orange, just as players of the opposing faction is. Also the same rules of engagement applies to both players and Upwell structures of the opposing faction meaning that you are at war and can kill each other and each others structures everywhere. The only difference is that there isn’t a payout included when killing structures. This I think there should be.

1 Like

Still relevant.

Since there is opportunity to extend the element of “taking over” space, there should be a mechanic to not just reward destruction, but also boarding and taking over stations. Maybe surrender as well, negotiated or unconditional.

:facepalm:
When will the asinine ideas cease?

This is already a thing.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.