Game of Alts - Multiboxing Explained

Doubtful, CCP have banned people with a much higher profile than Jason Kusion for input broadcasting.

EVE is mostly run on how likely it would be that any action taken against anyone would lead to riots and player loss.

The summer of rage says that you’re wrong.

We all know they are terrified of upsetting the power blocs and the famous players. We know they fear community backlash (see Drone aggression back peddle).

They don’t have enough spare community to play with to risk upsetting too many people, so they don’t.

Bollocks, they banned the leader of the most powerful group in Eve for being a drunken twat in a wizard’s hat, and another power bloc leader for losing his rag and making stupid threats that could be construed as being criminal in nature.

You’re only picking the ‘obvious conclusion’ that agrees with you.

I don’t know whether or not he is input broadcasting; I merely said that the fact he hasn’t been banned suggests that he’s not; suggest being the key word.

There are other ‘obvious conclusions’.

What would they be?

1 Like

Well …

Just lol really.

I already listed people like you as part of the problem and you think somehow you can say this sentence and … what, I don’t know?

How odd.

No need to become abusive by the way.

To quote dear old CODE:

Miner, calm down.

1 Like

Fair enough. You suggest one thing, I suggest another.

I think that’s called a conversation, or an exchange of ideas, no?

What they make forums for even.

:hugs:

1 Like

One is observeable fact: “Kusion has not been banned for input broadcasting.”
One is conspiracy theories: “CCP hasn’t banned him because of $$.”
Don’t try to imply that they’re equivalent in terms of worth to a discussion.

A very dishonest shift of the goalposts there, not that it has anything to do with you.

We were talking about what the observable fact ‘suggests’ not what the observable fact is.

Jonah and I both understand this.

You do not.

Could you at least try to keep up if you’re going to jump into other peoples conversations?

It’s annoying having you tug at my sleeve with completely off topic interruptions like a confused child.

2 Likes

Calm down, miner.

1 Like

I multi box 6 accounts, 1 Orca and 5 miners… I make every click on all of my accounts and I fly each ship. None of that bot cheating ■■■■■■■■ that most all honest miners have been tossed under the bus for. I can not mine effectively with more than 5 miners at a time and that’s why I do not have more miners. Anymore than 5 miners and I can no longer keep them mining laser rolling to get full use of my skill bonuses. I would also like to add that I do not afk mine while sitting on a gate cam or on a roam. I have to do one or the other because its all i can focus on. So its either mining all the way or pvp all the way, none of that afk bull ■■■■. Just because I wont do it or think its wrong does not mean I want other to be forced to stop afk play but the bot ■■■■ has to go and that’s only because CCP tossed me under the bus for something outside of my control.

4 Likes

i multibox 2 acounts
@tutucox_Khamsi for the grind
and youmama for fun

2 Likes

LOL your cute, so which one of your ineffectual copy catting alts is in CODE. ?

or do you really think your words mean anything?

And yes it seems im mining some salt right now :slight_smile: , low quality salt but salt non the less how about you?

LMAO

1 Like

The alt… usually… can be relied upon and trusted.

–Gadget eyes her traitorous clones.

1 Like

Multi-boxing (playing more than one account) is fine.
What’s not fine is controlling all the accounts with a single command or having the commands be automated beyond what’s already allowed in game.

Within these boundaries, there’s a limit to how useful more accounts can be.
At some point, they become a hindrance for the controller.

–Gadget, Gadget, Gadget, Gadget, Gadget

3 Likes

PvP in Eve is funadmentally different from PvP in many other games. There is no matchmaking, no set team sizes, and players are free to blob, gatecamp, suicide gank, bait, hot drop, hell camp, bubblefuck, spai, awox, defect, steal, sabotage, and employ any other dirty and underhanded tricks that they can think of in order to gain an advantage.

So, if all of that is okay, why is multiboxing over the line? Is it okay when a solo player/small group multiboxes in order to defend themselves against a larger group? What about if a solo player/small group uses it to prey on a larger group? Or is it always bad, all the time?

4 Likes

Um, did you not see the video? Did you not understand what was going on it? Did you think the video was doctored? Are you trolling me?

I don’t know what to say… I’m left kind of dumbfounded. I mean, I provided video evidence and a detailed explanation that others can follow (you can even test it out for free on the test server by buying plex for 100isk a unit), and you provided nothing but a conspiracy theory about CCP turning a blind eye to cheaters… Yet, you accuse me of refuting evidence to the contrary? Well, please provide your evidence supporting your opinion. And do please explain why you find mine lacking.

1 Like

Um, have you not seen all the posts and threads of people complaining about (1) Resource Scarcity, (2) Resource Redistribution, (3) Broker’s Fee Increase, (4) Reducing the number of HS Incursion Focuses to one, (5) Capital Nerfs, and/or the (6) DBS. Seems to me like CCP is more than willing to piss of large segments of the player base in their attempts to improve the game.

Also, thanks for enlightening me as to what actually happened with the drone aggression roll back. Here I thought it was evidence of CCP being responsive to player feedback. Turns out they were just backpeddling out of fear.

1 Like

IMHO, if you haul, you should multibox (unless you’ve got really good friends to do the scouting / webbing)

And I like that example posted - shows just how it’s done. You’d think that people would get a clue from watching.

1 Like

I will tell you whos fault it is.

It is all CCP fault!

:psyccp:

2 Likes

It wasn’t a backpedal out of fear, @Miranda_Farron is mischaracterizing it to fit his position.

Here’s the actual reason from CCP: Version 18.12 - General Feedback - #647 by CCP_Paradox

It wasn’t out of fear. It was because it had unintended impacts on other certain scenarios.

1 Like

I think you might have missed Shipwrecks sarcasm there, Scoots.

4 Likes

There are enough idiots out there browsing the thread who’ll believe it that I still think it’s worth providing proper facts.

Valid.