Game Question

When you look beyond your ship and into space can anyone tell me what that consolation of stars are that have those colorful lines going thru them represent?

2 Likes

If you have a destination set, those lines represent the path you’ll be taking through space.

5 Likes

Like @ISD_Dorrim_Barstorlode said, it’s the route you’ve set.

1 Like

Good to know thank you everyone

3 Likes

Back after that effect was first implemented, there was a thread posted about it, I forget if it was a contest or not, but it was for players to post the images created by those route lines. Anyway, I had 2 different images appear from those lines due to setting course routes:

The first one was the Letter ‘M’

And the second one was a ‘Bowtie’

Since then I’ve disabled that effect. I never really saw any need for it and I don’t want my graphics card to work harder than it needs to.

2 Likes

The locations of other systems have been included as part of the backdrop of each system.

So when you ‘set destination’, those lines are showing the actual jumps between actual systems within eve and are colour coded for sec status.

An amazing achievement by CCP.

As a side note, you may also notice a small greenish nebula that appears slightly different depending on which system you’re in and has apparently been changing over time. This is carolines star:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.