Garish Yellow Design Assault In Motion

In a design milieu where the color yellow has been noticeably omitted for well over a decade, an out of control designer with questionable credentials in color theory has introduced such a run away use of the color as to call his (or her) physical health into question.

The color, light with a wavelength of 570 to 590 nanometers, is most commonly seen in items such as ripe bananas, canaries, daffodils, lemons and corn, and is associated with duplicity, envy, jealousy, avarice and in some cultures cowardice. Yellow has strong historical and cultural associations in China, where it is the color of happiness, glory, and wisdom. In China, there are five directions of the compass; north, south, east, west, and the middle, each with a symbolic color. Yellow signifies the middle. China is called the Middle Kingdom; the palace of the Emperor was considered to be in the exact center of the world. The legendary first emperor of China was called the Yellow Emperor. (Wikipedia, Yellow, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow)

Loggerhead sea turtle hatchlings are known to have an aversion to the color yellow, a characteristic which seems to aid them in their orientation toward oceans. Studies have shown that for humans the color yellow is difficult to read and leads to visual fatigue and in extreme cases vision loss. It has also been demonstrated to create feelings of anger and frustration. (Babies have been determined to cry more in yellow rooms than in any other color.)

Behaviorists have seen yellow contribute to aggression making subjects confrontational, and in large amounts causing irritation and anger. These symptoms were led by feelings of impatience with subjects becoming argumentative. Scientists are quick to remind that the color yellow evokes many different psychological responses and these largely differ from individual to individual, but with yellow the characteristic of it being difficult to read is more universal.

4 Likes

What the ■■■■ did I just read?!

And does this mean chinese babies don’t cry more in yellow rooms?

1 Like

Captura de Tela 2020-10-15 às 15.03.15

yah make a ui template with this yellow
its noice

Agreed. This …

… looks really nice too.

I’d Like your post, but I’ve used them all up.

Wow, 32.6k accounts! \o/

1 Like

lol no problem , tomorrow you give me one free heart :heart: to a post you dislike :stuck_out_tongue:

The revenant in Doom was yellow - that is probably why.

Do you mean mental?

Do you mean feelings?

The yellow looks like piss…
I give it a -5 out of 10.

1 Like

The sentence that was said, feelings wouldnt fit.

there is no place you cant fit your feelings

You are very strange

I like you

We can be friends

1 Like

i like you to :smiley:

1 Like

Shush you! I love it!

I used to say probably half of the women in the world couldn’t put on make-up properly especially when it comes to colour although not limited to colour.

One thing you learn in life is you might not like the look of something, but there will be others that do.

Yellow is okay, because it rhymes with mellow, which describes the music of the Phoenix video. It all fits.

tenor (24)

I gave you an updoot because your post was interesting to read, but I personally like the new launcher design. I’m sure I’ll get tired of it after awhile, but it’s a nice change of pace.

Plus, Eve is the center of my world, and I associate it with things like duplicity, avarice, happiness, glory, anger and frustration.

Also, I’m a sea turtle and it helps me find the ocean.

Most people commenting here… they have zero insight about what you are talking about… but that doesn’t mean it’s not effecting them … just they have zero awareness about it … that’s how media and other institutions manipulates masses micro and macro lvls think and evaluate options carefully …I know what you are talking about, and sharing your fun when I read the hand clappers comments … seriously … I suggest you to check there is another forum post … about gray on gray fonts… totally ridiculous,… and ■■■■■■ up… and even there you will find some hand clappers … believe me even CCP change pilot characters whit that ■■■■ icon in messenger … there will be lot of people to clap clap :smile:

Also there is some names in this post… these characters … we don’t know who are they in game of course has tens of thousands comments on EvE forums… and all of them writes nothing else than supporting CCPs changing sand never comment against and create waves in forum posts… you can easily pinpoint them… also so far I think we share some mutual interest so I guess you know that companies pretty often use this kind of characters to create misperceptions and suppression… it’s very very common practice and necessary for the companies to use these characters as bumper… :stuck_out_tongue: god how I love to play around plots

Hmmm, the plot - yes there must be one - thickens.

I visited several caldari stations today and couldn’t help but notice that their entrance/exit is … yellow, instead of the usual blueish force field.
Some would call it a golden shower, I call it a yellow stain, in remembrance of the Caldari npc’s failing miserably against the triglavians. Yep, that must be it. If not, nice tinfoil anyway.