Garry's Great Abyssal Guide: solved ships & fits to run L5 abyssal sites!

What about a ship recognition chart that would have every type of ship, and tower in a filament site that you might come across?

1 Like

Great resistance info ty

Can anyone tell me if tier 1ā€™s can be done in tech one ships? Like an Omen? Oh and does anyone know what hardners I should fit? Or should i go all resist?

1 Like

Try to get the best omni-tank possible, since Drifters do onmi damage, @Blood_Ravager.
However EM is not the most favoralbe damage to deal. Best should Thermal against Drones / Drifters and Explosive versus Triglavians. So definetly take Hobgoblins and/or Warriors with you.
I havenā€™t tried it yet, but I believe the Omen should be able to do T1 with the right fit. However cap injectors might be worth taking a look at. The Arbitrator might be an acutall vialbe option for T1 when you encounter the drone battleship and can tracking disrupt it.

If you are unsure about your fit, check out zKillboard if it died before: But keep in mind that those kills might have happened in higher tiers. Home | zKillboard

Step0 buy stuff you are plan to recommend in your fitting

Setep3andahalf put up sellorders

2 Likes

Firstly thank you for the fast reply @Nora_Maldoran :slight_smile:
Ok omni tank got it. Cant really do much about EM with amarr ships though. XD
And there are battleships! I do have an Arbitrator just need to fit it but my drones skills are pretty low (drones 4 light/medium op lv3 each drone nav 3 and durability 2) so I will try out the Omen first and try to speed tank I think.
So Iā€™ll target the Drones / Drifters first since amarr has high thermal dmg and make sure my drones are all minmatar (warriors) for the explosive dmg against the trigs.
And do i need a cap injector if i am stable? I have my omen rigged 3 capacitor rigs so i think i will be ok.
As for tracking disruption i dont think i have any skill points in it so iā€™ll check out the minimum reqs when the servers back up.

1 Like

Oh almost forgot! What happens if I fail? Does my pod get destroyed too or only the ship?? Dont wanna lose my implants!

1 Like

Everything dies. So donā€™t go in there with implants you arenā€™t willing to risk.

Strongly recommend to read this first, so you have at least an idea of what you will be facing.

5 Likes

Ok will use a clone then TY.
Thanks for the link I am reading it now :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have consistently completed T1 sites in all sorts of T1 cruisers with T2 fits: Arbitrator, Omen, Caracal, Moa, Thorax, Vexor, Rupter and Stabber. These can completed some T2 as well however I have the most difficulty with the blaster boats.

The NPCs are fast. The Moa and Thorax are not lol. Getting in range will be the most difficult challenge.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Ship and pod are destroyed.

2 Likes

Would you share your fitting with us?

Of course, here you go. Bling according to your wallet, but not needed for T1-T3 with good skills and responsible driving. Use right heavy drones according to the flown instance. I use faction drones, because of the better tracking and durability. As a sidenote, I didnā€™t have to use the cap booster yet, so you could probably use that slot for something else. Maybe a web and try dark sites too.

[Ishtar, T2 Abyssal]

Medium Armor Repairer II
Assault Damage Control II
Armor Explosive Hardener II
Reactive Armor Hardener
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Medium Armor Repairer II

10MN Afterburner II
Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Medium Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 800
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II

Small Focused Beam Laser II, Aurora S

Medium Anti-EM Pump II
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II

Imperial Navy Praetor x10
Imperial Navy Praetor x5

Thank you for sharing. I have a similar fitting. I have other high slots and I am using Medium Nanobot Accelerator II and Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II -

My problem is that my drones get a lot of aggro in Gamma sites. I can tank very well in T1-T3 sites, but sometimes I have the feeling I am lacking in DPS and pulling drones takes time. I have almost perfect drones skills. I am missing only 3 racial level 5s.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Probably nothing, juggling with drones is quite normal. Thatā€™s why I prefer faction drones for their bigger ehp pool. But I have to pull single drones and replace them with another, too. Alternatively you could use a Gila, for even more durable drones.

Iā€™ve been using a kiting gila fit with MWD/cap boosters alongside an a-type medium booster and extenders. Running level 4ā€™s Iā€™m having trouble keeping up enough transverse against some waves with the MWD signature penalty unless iā€™m overheating the MWD. Much more expensive gila fitting, but I can see myself finally getting into some of the level 5 content with it as just from expereince when I started these I thought an MWD was going to be required to burn out of range of neuting frigate death waves, now Iā€™m leaning back towards afterburners.

Kiting fits can apparently work but I always had trouble with either tanking enough (since the MWD sucks up so much cap) or getting tackled/surrounded by a swarm of fast ships, which can easily kill you. My experience is that the AB brick gila is way more reliable as long as you donā€™t mess up your transversial (which is way easier than making sure you never get caught by anything with tackle).

Iā€™ve been working my way to Garryā€™s T5 gila and will report back with results once Iā€™ve tested it in chaotic sites :slight_smile: currently using a less bling version to blitz ragings, where itā€™s super effective.

Iā€™m just wondering hat happens to these fits (particularly the Polarized ones) when you get capped out by the Trig death spawn? They can usually suck you dry before you have a chance to finish them off.

Pop!<

So, the NPCs deals the damage type which is the penalty in the actual site?