Running additional Abyssal types

Hey all, I’ve been running a bunch of T4 Electricals with this fit, but I wanted to see what changes were necessary to make it able to run T4’s of other types. Obviously I don’t expect a single fit that can handle everything, but if there’s any general fit changes I can make to help clear out my other filaments, I would be grateful! Without the Test Server, I’m a bit wary of just trying things on my own. Thanks in advance!

[Gila, Abyss]
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Capacitor Flux Coil II

10MN Afterburner II
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Pith X-Type Large Shield Booster
Copasetic Compact Shield Boost Amplifier
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II

Medium Core Defense Operational Solidifier II
Medium EM Shield Reinforcer II
Medium Thermal Shield Reinforcer II

Imperial Navy Infiltrator x7
Infiltrator II x3

Inferno Fury Light Missile x2284
Standard Blue Pill Booster x1
Raging Electrical Filament x1

and an incomplete Mid-grade Crystal set.

quite easy … change the fit that you can profit from Bonus and that you could handle the Penalty

2 Likes

This is very helpful! But I was looking for something a little more concrete regarding my fit. Is it enough to just swap the rigs around to the correct resists? I’ve been relying on that cap recharge bonus to do most of the heavy lifting

No. Neutralizer spawns hit you a lot harder in all the other abyssal sites and the base capacitor recharge of the Gila isn’t that great.

Thats what most pilots do and thats why the electrical filaments are the most expensive while the loot dropping there is the least valuable.

1 Like

ok … we make this example for the firestorm filament !

can you change the fit of your gila thet it could fix the missing thermal resistance ?
can you change the fit of your gila that you have a perfet use for the +50% armor ?

and this 2 questions you can tell yourself for all of the filements … ! if the answer of both are yes then go ahead and run another filement ! if the answer is no to 1 question then maybe dont do it or think better if you still could do it !

Try and find an abyssal shield booster with green cap. Litterally all I did was just buy a faction abyssal booster and made it into something awesome.

They are pretty darn cheap.

You won’t be able to run t5s with only 1 DDA. You gotta have 3 if you want to mow down the NPCs (there are alot.)

I am surprised you are doing it with 1 DDA in T4s myself.

Aha, that makes sense. I’ve been able to turn a pretty good profit from them, but that also means I end up with a bunch of other abyssal types. I could sell them but I’d rather run them and fund my habits further.

Sure, I could, but I don’t want to waste isk on testing fits that aren’t likely to survive.

I have pretty good drone skills. I’ve only timed out a few times and that was because I was being greedy and took too long grabbing the extra secondary loot.

I’ve seen the Ishtar is also used for higher tier runs, and I have the fitting skills to support that as well. My biggest worry is just wasting isk trying to reinvent the wheel…

1 Like

ok then pls create a fitting and show us all for this example ! then we can tell you if it works or not !
i´m never a fan of give some fittings to ppl, better is to try to fit their ships by self then they never come back to forum and ask for fittings because they know how to fit their ships properly

i dont care which tool you will use to crate this fitting. can be pyfa or ingame or other fitting tools.

Let me know if I’m on the right track with this Kinetic one

[Gila, Abyss]
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Capacitor Flux Coil II

10MN Afterburner II
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Pith X-Type Large Shield Booster
Copasetic Compact Shield Boost Amplifier
Kinetic Shield Hardener II
Kinetic Shield Hardener II

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

does not work ! you dont realize the change of the bonus ! → you only see the reistance change and fix resistance but its not enough !

first question → yes could work “Edit: no could not work cause you fittet wrong hardener”
second question : did you think about it ?

EDIT : you fittet wrong hardener !

It’s not rocket science lol

You use thermal drones for firestorms, kenetic drones for exotic, EM drones for electrical, and explosive drones for gamma.

Yes you would probably want to change rigs to match the resist hole. You are onmitanked with 2 multispecs anyways.

The biggest difference in these other rooms (Non electical) is you are not cap stable. Meaning you gotta pulse that shield booster and make sure neuts are gone ASAP. (A cap battery is needed pretty much in every fit)

A crystal set is absolutely needed because it reduces cap pressure (more shields repped per cycle = less total cycles = less cap usage)

Also upgrading the multi specs will reduce damage incoming and you won’t need to cycle shield booster as much.

You would abyssal the AB for more cap and abyssal the shield booster for more cap. EM is the most forgiving filament because you can just keep the shield booster on 24/7 lol.

@Lavender_Frost mail me in game and I will be happy to explain my fit when I log on. (it gets expensive LOL) But is the nature of how 90% of people run the abyss.

A friend said why am I pouring BILLIONS into my gila to survive only 10% of the rooms when 90% of the rooms in a t4 can be handled with a basic t2 fit. I told him that is simply the way abyssals are tbh…

Some people run ships until they die and subtract it from total profit also. Crazy stuff.

This is helpful, thank you!

I picked one for Kinetic/Exotic filaments, I realize now that you asked for Thermal/Firestorm.

1 Like

Oh yes, I’ve seen some 3-7bil fits. I figured I’ll get there eventually. But I’d rather not lose stuff unnecessarily.

1 Like

i changed your last fit from 2 kinetic to 2 multispec´s and the difference of both fits are :
1 ) you lose about 200 EHP/s tank
2 ) you are still capstable but with neuts on field it will very difficult to handle this neuts
3) did you thought about the new bonus for armor HP ?

What about something like this?

[Gila, Abyss]
Corelum A-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Thermal Energized Membrane II
Thermal Energized Membrane II

50MN Microwarpdrive II
Missile Guidance Computer II
Medium Cap Battery II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

Drone Link Augmentor II

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Missile Precision Script x1

just caught that I didn’t change up the rigs, oops!

no xD pls dont do THIS !

you dont have 100 EHP/s and you are not even cap stable anymore

what you need to lern is what ship you´re flying and how you can change your fit !
a gila is always a shield ship and can never be armor fittet so the bonus of a firestorm filemanet are useless. it would not help you but it also does not damage you.

next thing → shield rigs in an armor fitting ? ^^ not that it would change much if you change the rigs

1 Like

Cool, makes sense-- I initially figured the ship-bonus to shield wasn’t that much, and I typically don’t fly armor ships.

ship boni are 98% the most important thing !

somtime you can ignore some ship boni but only if you know what you want to do with your ship…
its also very useful to see whats the ship loadout → how much high/med/low slots has your ship.

lot of med slts = better shield tank
lot of low slots = better armor tank
there are still few ships with lot of both then maybe you can choose if you know YOUR use of ship

Well, with the Firestorms out of the Gila’s wheelhouse, what about the other types?

What are the resist numbers I’m trying to hit? I think that would make things easier.

rule of thumb: 200+ level_of_abyss*100, both in damage output (DPS) and active tank (eHP/s).

So for a T4 fit you would want to have:

• around 600 DPS, at least partially firing into the resist penalty of the abyss type
  • around 600 eHP/s active tank with no significant resist hole with the abyssal resist penalty already applied but before overheat

In addition to the tank you will want +5 excess Cap Regen per Level of Abyss, if using 1 battery (or +3 if using 2 batteries) to counter heavy energy neutralization waves which would otherwise kill you.

Which means

• +20 cap/s excess regen when using 1 battery
    or
  • +12 cap/s excess regen when using a dual-battery fit.

If you are a skilled player or use special fits (passive regen, ancillary shield booster etc…) you can go below these values, but those given above are considered “foolproof”, so you won’t die if you don’t make stupid mistakes.

2 Likes