Running additional Abyssal types

This part is easy enough, drones and missiles get me fairly well over that mark.

This one’s a bit harder. and trying to come up with the right amount of delta cap recharge on top of that makes it even tougher.

But those points are good advice, I appreciate it!

I’m not asking anyone to “do my homework” for me but I’d love to see other fit suggestions as a boilerplate. Only trying to be less of a noob.

Would the initial fit work for T5 Electric if I swapped to an additional DDA? I assume I might need to pulse my booster still.

3 DDAs to even think of getting through t5s.

That’s just me. I run 3 DDAs in t4s and sometimes things get close.

Yes that fit is getting there you need to upgrade multispecs to handle the increased NPCs

Faction or Deadspace? I don’t know what’s enough and what’s overkill.

Deadspace are commonly used for many PVE activities it’s a good investment.

At this point I recommend youtube for inspiration.

It’s hard to find anything current and relevant in that SEO hellscape, do you have any suggestions?

How about this, a slightly upgraded “Povertilla” build: https://abysstracker.com/fit/6580

[Gila, Abyss]
Damage Control II
Federation Navy Drone Damage Amplifier

Gistum C-Type Medium Shield Booster
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Gistum C-Type Multispectrum Shield Hardener
Corelum C-Type 10MN Afterburner
Pith X-Type Shield Boost Amplifier

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II
Medium Ghoul Compact Energy Nosferatu

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium EM Shield Reinforcer I

Caldari Navy Vespa x10

Scourge Fury Light Missile x5080
Standard Blue Pill Booster x1

1 Like

Cap situation looks okayish, however you can just remove the NOS, it’s useless in most cases anyway since you can’t drain cap from many NPCs at all. In the early days I have run fits with NOSes and came to the conclusion that the slot is much better used with a Drone Link Augmentor that enables you to open cans from a distance easily for more loot. Use an MTU to tractor it in while you fight. You would probably need to switch the ShieldBoostAmplifier for a second Invul field to free enough CPU. That reduces your cap situation a bit but also gives more buffer to work with and another overheat option. I would prefer two invuls over 1 invul and one SBA any time. The little difference in cap recharge is manageble but the increased options for adaptive tanking are really worth it.

Tank could be a problem in certain rooms since you barely reach 400 ehp/s after applying an exoctic penalty for example. If pinned down by 4 webbers while a Karen pumps damage into you from 50km away, this could break. 4x Harrowing Vedmak in a single spawn will also spool up pretty quickly. You will need to overheat hard and at least a medium Crystal Set would help. Gist Shieldboosters are very cap efficient, yes, but they are also weaker than pith ones. Its a balance act here.

What you should consider: Test your fit in Tier3 abyssals until you have the feeling these rooms are so easy that you would win them even when making a few mistakes. Then try Tier4.

2 Likes

Excellent advice. That’s what I did going from T3 to T4 electricals. With your other advice, this is the fitting I threw together:

[Gila, Povertila - Midgrade]
Damage Control II

Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Gistum C-Type Multispectrum Shield Hardener
10MN Afterburner II
Pithum C-Type Multispectrum Shield Hardener

Drone Link Augmentor II

Medium EM Shield Reinforcer I

Caldari Navy Vespa x10

Scourge Fury Light Missile x5080
Standard Blue Pill Booster x1

with a nice MTU and mid-grade crystals? Looks like my delta cap right now is 17.2. What would you do to better improve the tank? Bump up the shield boosters to B or A?

With midgrade crystals and a good sense when to overheat and which targets to shoot while your overheat lasts, this should do well in T4 exotics. I would carry some T2 Vespas, as they do more raw damage. If all (or most) threats to your drones have been removed, you can use them to just deliver the most punch to anything with a large signature (Scyllas, Triglavians, Deepwatchers, Overminds, Karens).

Noted, thanks!

Can something else be done to mitigate the need to overheat? I’m fine with picking targets out.

Would this fit work for all T4s except Darks?

Sure. Bling the fit even more. The higher the basic stats of the items, the less need to overheat. Also you could try to pre-roll a strong-bluepill booster without side-effects. And applying even additional event/login boosters that will still be available for some time. But running these abyssal sites becomes pretty expensive then.

No. You will need to adapt drones and missiles to the other filament’s resist penalties. In Gammas and Firestorms you might need 3 DamageMods because your opponents will also benefit from the +50% shield/armor amounts. You need to destroy more eHP and might run out of time in some pockets with only two DDAs. Also Hammerheads can’t “shieldtank” as they are armor drones, you will lose firepower in Firestorms because you will need to call them back often before they take too much damage.

I would only recommend the fit for T4 Exotics so far.

1 Like

Ideally I’d like to do these without much loss, even if it ends up costing extra upfront.

Sure, this backs up what others have said in the thread. That should still leave enough capacitor for pulsing my shield booster, right?

I run into this a fair bit with my current fit in the OP, would you recommend Vespas for other abyssal types as well?

That entirely depends on your ability to quickly bring down the targets in the right order. Switching out the Damage Control for a third Drone Damage Amplifier means you have to use your shieldbooster more to compensate for the lower resistances. Which drains more cap. Or you compensate the resistance loss by using even more expensive shield tanking modules.

No. For T4 I would only recommend Vespas for the Exotic Filaments. I would not recommend to run Firestorms at all. If running Gammas, use T2 Valkyries and Republic Fleet Valkyries, but use 3 Drone Damage Amplifiers.

The Gila can run all types of Filaments, except Darks, even up to T5 (very reliably) and T6 (if blinged hard and flown well). But you would need very high-end equipment here (abyssal rolled batteries and shield booster).
Tanking-Mutated-‘Augmented’ Vespas can be used as shield-tanking Drones in Firestorms because they deal 50% Thermal in combination with Firepower-Mutated Hammerheads for maximum DPS when all threats to drones are removed to bring down the high-eHP targets. Firepower-mutated Valkyries can solve Gammas.

If I were you I would focus in Exotics for now, because they are the most affordable to fly with just Navy Vespas and T2 Vespas and you need no abyssal rolled mods at all.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.