Gas Harvesting Support

Venture you can passive tank the explosions with the right set up. Ore hold I think the lowest to make it worth taking over a venture/MTU is 20k capacity. That means a round number of cycles since you’re getting 80m3 every 30 sec (40 from each T2 Harvester).

Considering the Primae has a total and complete lack of useful capacity and zero turret slots, setting it up to even compete would require it have at least 2 turrets attached. Possible but it’s so slow to turn and warp that even a Venture would be used before it.

20k ore bay, 50 standard bay, and a 10 drone?

That would work.

Primae would work also since it has the same hull as the noctis and that has 8 high hardpoints.
Give it 5 turrets, no bonus to mining but a monster ore bay and it could work. It would be slightly slower than a venture/prospect but you could probably tank it out more.

See… that’s a problem because it doesn’t have any turret slots in the other two formats. Would be theme changing.

Not better and bigger, but more frequently. As soon as a 9000 unit cloud signature disappeared, it will appear again immediately. Oftentimes in the gas constellation, which makes finding them easy. They also usually don’t trigger NPC spawns if you know what you are doing and Prospects can tank gas sites with sentries just fine. In other words: You could run more gas sites if you could mine more.

I disagree with the OP’s concept. Gas mining, along with most exploration, is great for new players because it does not scale. Rock-mining in a Venture is a waste of time because you’re competing with Roraqual-boosted Hulk fleets, and ratting in an Algos is a waste of time because bounties have to be balanced for super ratting. Gas mining on the other hand, is not a waste of time, because no one can throw more SP and an expensive ship at the problem to do any better at it, which leaves it as a lucrative option for people who don’t have the resources to do some of the more high-end activities.

In short, I don’t want to ruin newbie-friendly content to make a more experienced player’s content a little better.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.