Gas harvesting

hello

looking to setup a wh gas harvesting operation, as it will be a Mostly afk operation i suppose i need lots of cargo space. i am only looking for the top gasses in order to make most isk, are those available in wh found in low sec? and what ships should i deploy?

thx

1 Like

Top gasses are only from c5 and c6 but they are guarded by very powerful rat’s which you will need to clear first with a maruader, unless your really good at kiting and want to kite tank the rat’s while harvesting.

Really. Your admitting you want to afk in j space?

3 Likes

i tend to afk while mining, ratting in a VNI with my 2 chars while i am active on my main. Whats the big deal?

No local for a start.

1 Like

well the idea is that high level gas will be profitable enough to mitigate any losses, should i go with a mammoth?

If I catch you I j Space, I will sit there and point you and force you to self destruct

And what if you get caught in few first cycles? One stealth bomber or any covop cloak ship can watch you for hours.

Consider learning bit much how survive in wh and how people find their prey there since afk there is worst idea.

1 Like

a t1 mammoth is what? 800k? what i want to find is how much is a cargo hold full of medium to high lvl gasses, since the top ones are out of the question since they are in c5,c6 and guarded by many rats like my m8 said. Also very important is the size of each of the “clouds”, will i have to switch constantly to the mining char to activate the harvester on a new cloud?

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Gas_cloud_harvesting

1 Like

on lower than c5 wh’s are the rats guarding the gas sites easier than the rats on a combat site of the same wh? anyone know, thinking of going in a combo BC and venture. load them both up in a mammoth and go around low sec looking for C3-C4 in 0.5-low sec. The BC will not have any rigs on to be able to repackage.

If you really want to do this then use an astero or cov-ops ship to do your scanning (you will do a lot of scanning). If you find a good system come back in ventures.
Do a google search for “rykki’s guide” and look at the Gas tab to see how much value is in the gas site and how tough the rats are.
It hard to catch a venture paying attention in a gas site if you position your ship properly as the gas cloud will decloak anyone coming for you.
The best isk is in Vital Cores & Instrumentals in C5/6 space. You have about 15-20 minutes before the rats show up. It might be possible to sig tank the one that is BS only rats.

Cytoserocin gas in low sec is worth about the same as C5/C6 wormhole gas, so you may not need to setup a wormhole operation if all you want to do is mine gas. IIRC, cytoserocin is found in level 3 gas sites in low sec, and each site contains 5000m3 volume of gas, so all you need is a Venture with gas cloud harvesters and a core probe scanner. You can fit two rangefinding array in your mid slots if your probing skills are low. With max skills and quick probing, you can make between 50m-100m isk/hr from semi-afk mining.

Dayummmm

I’ve been living in wormhole space for a while now so here’s how to do it:
If you do live in a wormhole, you can trigger the sites, wait for rats to spawn, kill them, then harvest the entire cloud. If you don’t live in a wormhole, grab your scanner and grab a venture.

Scan down gas sites but don’t warp to them yet. Once they are warped to (uncloaked) rats will spawn after ~13 minutes.

Instrumental, Vital, Vast are the only ones I consider worth my time. Once you’ve scanned them down go switch to your venture. If this is going to be a main source of income then its worth training into T2 harvesters (50% higher yield). Otherwise, stick with gas harvesting II. Slap a MWD on it then warp to the site, set a timer for 13 minutes, and MWD toward one of the two gas clouds and start harvesting.

Rats/npcs don’t spawn in those sites until sometime after 13 minutes; once that timer goes off you should actually pay attention and warp off once they spawn. You could spend those 13 min spamming dscan to stay safe but ventures are cheap enough its not worth the effort.

Currently, each reaction will output you profit so its worth doing if you have the skills.

People are scared to afk mine in HS. how the fk do you expect to afk mine in the deepest most dangerous part of the EVE universe? where you have to be super alert.

In the past I would think I found an empty WH only to get whacked, there always seems to be someone lurking around.

1 Like

ALWAYS

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.