GeForce NOW

Hi, does anyone know what happens with EVE on GeForce NOW? The game has been in patched mode for a long time, it cannot be played from this platform.

PD: I’m not sure, but according to what some friends tell me, this problem has been going on for 1 month, maybe more.

1 Like

My bet It’s because of EVE Vanguard not being ready for GFN yet and it being tied to new EVE Launcher.

I guess when CCP London devise a way to gate Vanguard downloads on GFN EVE Online will be playable again.

BTW, EVE Online was working with the new launcher for a day or two before January Vanguard playtest. Then it went offline with no eta.

Thank you for flagging this issue. We are aware of it and are actively working with GeForce Now to get the issue resolved.

2 Likes

any updates on this? it’s still offline non playable… paying subscription for nothing

1 Like

Agreed w/ M.V. above me - any updates?

1 Like

It’s working fine at the moment of writing, accessing it from both CCP official or Steam.

1 Like

I tried GeForce Now (1 hour free) for another game, just to test it out. I used a free online first person shooter Even with the super fast internet connection it lagged very badly. Graphics were much better than my GPU could ever produce, but there is little point with you either aiming at your feet or the sky. People in my PUG were asking me “Are you ok over there?” I must have looked like a drunk.

A word of caution. You are uploading your full game to a Nvidia server along with user ID and password. If you are doing this with Steam, it means you are trusting all the people who work at Nvidia with your Steam Wallet. This is why I chose to test it with a F2P shooter. The delay from your keyboard to GeForce NOW to Eve server is putting a middle man in there and you will always have latency.

Meanwhile, I thought Eve Anywhere is probably a better deal when you can use Plex?

1 Like

Yes, playing a FPS from the cloud is not the best idea we can come up with, even if I logged on my EVE account to be 100% sure that Vanguard is not available on GFN.

Yesterday I was not affected by latency, but tried 20 minutes ago and network was bad. Anyway, for doing stuff other than PVP to enjoy the game in full graphics details without getting your computer fan blown away, is not bad, the service is improving.
Another example, it’s actually the only way for me to enjoy Baldur’s gate, and I feel impressed on each session. I really like it.

Some words about security: launching a game on GFN open a session on a VM and this session is destroyed when you close your game session, this is why you have to login again each time on new session, and I expect every players to have set up their 2FA on their games accounts. I personally feel secure there more than in our real world :wink:

Nah :upside_down_face: