[Good Samaritan] Saving up for my first Super, FAX, & Titan through elite pvp (UP TO 110b!)

Tonight was kinda neat… I killed a thing!

I spotted an Orca being flown by a member of the prestigious Pandemic Horde. I knew that they had to be at war with someone, so I checked and noticed that The Marmite Collective had assisted in a war against them! I started bumping the Orca and established communications with him.

https://pastebin.com/3CUwDSfT

I frantically try and convo someone from Marmite, but every contact I can find is offline except for one that hadn’t accept or declined my convo. Five minutes goes by and the convo is finally accepted. I hastily shoot him the deets and he says he’s on his way.

Now bumping Orcas is probably one of my least favorite things to bump. It takes a lot of finesse and manual piloting, especially if they are wiggling around and re-aligning all over the place. Random citadels in every general direction don’t make it simple either…

So Murdoch Luther finally arrives and we determine that since he’s in a Stealth Bomber but has informed me that he doesn’t have a point or scram fit. Alright, at least he’ll die but the last thing I wanted was to HAVE to keep bumping this Orca while he gets shot at from 60km away. Beggars can’t be choosers, and I’m happy to have assistance on this one :slight_smile:

The Nemesis actually worked out to be the ultimate troll because while the Orca launched drones to combat him, he lacked the targeting range. I assume that he could have set his drones on defensive, but I actually don’t have knowledge or experience using the different drone aggro settings (will have to test this later). Either way, the Orca was unable to fend off the Nemesis.

So at this stage ‘LtYarr’ has been very quiet and very annoying with his trying to wriggle out of my loving grasp. When Murdoch lands and start firing pot shots at him he realizes that his end is near.

https://pastebin.com/H6Cgp5nv

The Orca was at about half-structure when I found myself being shot at. This makes the second time I had been shot at today, but I was particularly startled as to what had just happened. The Orca went criminal and shot at me! I quickly started unloading 800mm rounds as my drones were nom’ing at his remaining structure. Finally I can tell my friends that I CAN in fact shoot at things that DO shoot back!

He dies.

Now in the middle of the incredible amount of concentration I was pumping out to keep him bumped, I was actually extremely confused as to how I got a limited engagement with only the Orca pilot, but didn’t see CONCORD on the killmail… I remembered that if the ship dies BEFORE they arrive on grid, that they won’t get a chance to shoot and will not appear on the mail. This little tid-bit fully eluded the nearby anti-gankers as they were furious thinking that I had dueled him.

TOTAL:
~700m in loot dropped

BONUS:
+1 Kill Right from an Orca pilot

ISK in the “pot”:

3 Likes

Luckily for the Nemsis, that wouldn’t have worked for the Orca pilot.

If you launch drones after being aggressed, you need to be able to give them an attack command in order for them to begin aggressing. Since he was out of drone control range, that couldn’t be done.

Once drones are aggressing, it can be a bit variable. Often they’ll attack targets that are outside drone control range, but other times they won’t. All drones are a little bit rogue.

1 Like

if your target is outside your drone controll range the drones will not respond at all. eg sentries will not open up on a naga that starts shooting from 100km away if yoru effective conrtoll range is 65km

1 Like

Two good explanations. There we go. I’ve never had a chance to experience either side of that situation… till now of course.

1 Like

More wins and more success… That’s exactly what I’ve had today. I woke up feeling like my mentor DJ Khaled. I took his advice and ate my cereal with almond milk.

Then I sat at my computer and intercepted my first snippet of communications between that dirty bumper and the poor freighter…

Luckily our ‘hero’ was nearby and eager to lend a helping hand!

He was still eager to live, so he emptied his wallet of the remaining 85m isk. Unfortunately enough he wasn’t able to visually confirm his remaining funds with me through a screenshot, so he exploded.

TOTAL:
6.4b in loot dropped
1.585b in “ransom”

BONUS:
Maybe one day I’ll learn to have internet-spaceship honor like our friends in ‘Bringing Solo Back’

Lacie LaFleur > Kill: Siranu (Charon) + 1.5b ransom BSB!!
Cartheron Crust > wp
Gorski Car > dishonorable
Vatik Yomem > Wiw
Lacie LaFleur > Kill: Sootamorph (Prorator)
Gorski Car > if they pay u let em go
Lacie LaFleur > Gorski Car lol silly boy

I knew this morning when I woke up that I was awesome, but I never realized I was like… really awesome!

I was in the middle of typing the contents of this post when I looked up and saw a Charon jump in. I thought to myself, “Heh when in Rome!” and went for it.

The pilot refused to accept a convo from the bumper, but was quick to take one from our ‘hero’.

Literally as soon as he accepts the duel he tells me this:

[ 2017.07.28 04:26:14 ] Ariesta Anthar > i need to go to work…

Then logs off. Ummmm. Okay?

TOTAL:
5.6b in loot dropped

BONUS:
Found this around the stargate

I also had a cute little Anti-Ganker try and bump my freighter after scooping. All he did was manage to bump me into warp… :snake:

Straight from the mouth of AG:

[ 2017.07.28 00:36:20 ] Nyo Saito > true. AG is not very effective.

ISK in the “pot”:
27,431,000,000 ISK (def pulling 260m ticks)

6 Likes

Classic stuff. Love the Honourable Pirate tears from the Bringing Solo Back channel. Makes me want to start shitting that channel up with venture ganks and whatnot. Those guys give great salt when you go around pirating with complete disregard for their particular flavor of RP.

Edit: Just stumbled across this gem on reddit.

2 Likes

Do they think actual pirates in the 16-18th century released their prisoners each time they were paid ransoms? :smiley:

If people are dumb enough to pay they deserve to die imho

2 Likes

It’s just another RP narrative that developed in the game over time. Similar to the RP aspects of CODE.

Except in the case of CODE, the RP stuff is to get the anti-gankers all riled up, which is highly amusing for almost everyone involved, but for the “honourable pirate” crowd the RP only serves to reduce the fun/ph that participants can have for no useful purpose.

It’s like LARPing as a filing clerk just to punish yourself while everyone else gets to be a knight or wizard or some ■■■■. If you question it they will argue circles around you about historical piracy or the reputations they imagine that they have, but at the end of the day there isn’t any good reason for it.

2 Likes

The best part is that they actually think that people that don’t honor ransoms are scum. I mean I can appreciate a “pirate” that keeps his word and is like a badass pilot that people fear, and if that is the way they want to play the game… perfect.

These are the same people that actually post MTU kills and are smug about it. Really strange. Ether way, it’s awesome to ■■■■ up their channel and break up the honorable circle jerking. Getting ransoms is all about leverage and pressure. Maybe the reason they think people don’t pay ransoms is because they don’t quite catch people with their pants down or in a position to lose a substantial amount of isk and/or time… I mean maybe if their MTUs were full of billions they would pay… maybe.

2 Likes

But don’t get me wrong… I totally see a timer and place for someone wanting to portray honesty and trust. Mainly in the name of business though where it benefits you more often to have those qualities than to just take advantage of the situation.

I see ransoms about the same as I always have since I started playing in 2012. Some pay, some don’t. Just depends on how you apply pressure and how much they squirm. The Bonus Room was a good example of this.

2 Likes

Meh, not a pirate, but honoring your ransoms is pretty obviously the smarter choice in the long term.

You can ransom a 5 bil freighter for 3-4 bil or you can blow it up and maybe get 2 bil out of it. If you do both you’ll definitely make more in the short term but eventually people will get wise and stop paying ransoms altogether.

You’re welcome to play however you want because it doesn’t influence my income any, but if you choose to cut your long-term income in half so you can get a few extra bil now then that’s on you. I can’t blame other pirates for being bothered by this.

No need to honour ransoms if you’re a true pirate lol

Those that do honour ransoms are simply posers :wink:

1 Like

You don’t have to justify your bad decisions to me, it’s okay.

Why is it a bad decision? Because you say so?

There are plenty of idiots in New Eden that let themselves end up in such situations… and somehow they never have enough isk to pay ransoms until it’s too late :smiley:

1 Like

See I don’t really find this to be true. People in desperate situations will find themselves weighing the options, “I have a chance to spend 1b to save myself a 7b loss”. Sounds a little like, “I can send this guy 1b and he will double my ISK and then i will have 2b!”.

So no I don’t think people will wisen up and paying ransoms be a thing of the past.

1 Like

I also would t expect the guy hauling 1b to pay a ransom. The ones hauling 5b+ seem to have much more giving hearts. I wonder why?

So again, maybe their lack of successful ransoms isn’t because I am ruining it for them, but that they are catching utter ■■■■ that the pilot doesn’t care about or aren’t exerting enough persuasion.

I dunno man, I’m just sitting here fly as ■■■■.

1 Like

Forgot to include this kill from yesterday:

Dude went suspect trying to steal my hard-earned loot. What a dirty pirate guy!

3 Likes

This is probably the best thread C&P has had in a while, please don’t stop making content OP.

I think I’ve honoured more ransoms than not - generally taking a really long time to pay (and me forgetting to decycle my guns) or being rude is why I blow them up. Letting them go and seeing their reaction can be pretty interesting, but you do you man. :heart:

4 Likes

Don’t act like you weren’t laying in bed with me last night whispering, “I lerve how u make dem bears cri.”

Also, I appreciate the complement. This sub-forum has been a :poop:show for a while now, even back on the now old forums. I know it was blogs of evil doings and stories of deceit that got me into the game in the first place. I would hate to see a potential newbro look at C&P and think, “what the ■■■■ are all these idiots doing here arguing about highsec mercs and thunderdomes?”.

Bring back Cannibal Kane and Psychotic Monk type antics and Make C&P Great Again!

#MC&PGA

3 Likes

On the subject of who does what I always honor all ransoms and never offer them in bad faith (my friend then kills them. That said this is eve. There is no right and wrong only what you yourself want to do and can acheive. +1 good read

2 Likes