Hauling to Citadels is broken

No, they do not require constant attention at all. EVEMon tells you when a contract gets accepted. And I am pretty sure there Aura on Android and Neocom do the same. You can do anything on your PC but play EVE and just log in to revoke docking access once your gadget beeps.

My evidence is conclusive and ironclad. But you know what I am? Sick of people like you who naively or heinously insist on that there are no problems when there are tons.

And against the EULA? Are you kidding? The EULA is worthless because CCP has no way to prove or check or enforce it if you just put a tiny amount of concealing effort into your gameplay.

That is still constant attention. You need to be able to log in on a whim 24h a day. That increases the cost of the scam and reduces its utility significantly.

Your paranoia and bitterness don’t do your argument credit.

1 Like

https://esi.tech.ccp.is/latest/#!/Contracts/get_characters_character_id_contracts

cached up to 300s implies they are not updated from 0 to 5mins. basically once the contract is accepted, after at max 5mins fetching the data returns “accepted”

if the contract is large enough to be sure the hauler can’t do it in 5 min, you can have a script that pulls data in every 10s and rings an alarm when one of the contract is accepted. Then you have hauling time - 5min - 10s delay to revoke the citadel access and get a juicy collateral for nothing.

You don’t even need to be ATK when the contract is accepted. If you know the contract can’t be completed under 35min and 10s, you have 30min to ask another director to cancel the citadel rights

And AFTER THAT you tell me : what are the risk and the reward of the scammer ?

The arguement is still solid, if half of those 90, a third or hell even a sixth of those contract you would just be bleeding money if you delved into them.

No one competent is going to take the risks if in the long run you would be lossing money on doing cit hauling.

Which brings back the main point of OP, is people dont want to take a stupid risk on hauling to player owned stations and as such if you are on the legit contractor’s point of view, everything now costs more, gets done slower or not at all.

Hauling to a nearby npc station kinda defeats the purpose of contract hauling if you still have to haul yourself.
I industrialists just one to have things hauled and them just set up stuff.

1 Like

I forgot to add than your detection script can as well send a pm to the citadel’s coporation’s CEO, saying he is chribba’s alt, in a dire marketing operation and needs the public access rights of the citadel to be revoked for the duration of this operation. This would help him cut his loss, and for this he can offer up to 2.674B isk if the citadel is effectively closed from X to Y (which he won’t have to actually pay).

This way he doesn’t even need to have access to the citadel ^^

I get this, and am not even against the idea. I only take exception to the idea that structures are somehow broken and unusable because industrialists (and haulers) don’t have a 100% safe, push-button way to ensure contract deliveries to an Upwell structure. Just because something isn’t perfectly safe or can be used to scam other players doesn’t mean it is useless or that there isn’t ways to rule out scams by establishing trust through alternative means. Heck, we didn’t even have contracts to structures for the first year or whatever of their lifeand never for POSes.

Yes small-time, independent structure owners with no reputation will have a harder time getting people to accept contracts to their station against the background of scam contracts. Fine, and to address that CCP might eventually add a way to deliver things to structures regardless of docking access like they said they are considering.

There are still a lot of things missing or poorly-functioning in upwell structures that make them less-than-ideal as places to live. But people still use them every day and make hauling contracts to them all the time. It seems to me you can wait until CCP finds the time to implement something to mitigate scam contracts, or you can use one of the many other strategies the other players are successfully using to get around the trust problem. There is no reason to declare them unusable.

CCP just sent out a survey on structures. I hope you answered it and made clear how important such a feature is to you.

1 Like

I feel the idea of moving to player stations something CCP wants, but this one of the major issues making it inconsiderable.

The idea of turning into a industrial space is an interesting one, while there are upsides, it can be wardecked and blown up, with the saftey net there it could still cost a huge chunk of change.

I found it an interesting idea, but due to contract scams can never be done involving randoms.
Its not just wishful thinking, its just a broken mechanic that is stopping them from push what they want.

Also I was unaware of the survey, where would I find it?

Look for an email (not evemail) from CCP Research.

2 Likes

In game?

Duh, the hauler community is thriving and accepting/executing contracts, so it stands to reason that the scam contracts will be over-represented in the list of remaining contracts. CCP could try to make hauling even more bland and boring, but the danger of the scam is part of the essence of EVE. Try to invest some time in building a good working relationship with some shipping partners.

My main problem with the situation is that even a really small risk of a scam contract can greatly increase the cost of hauling. Even a 1% chance is passed on as 1% of the collateral in hauling costs - something that completely kills short-range hauling. Given how specialized engineering complexes are in terms of their bonuses, this is in effect a tax on haulers and industrialists. I also wouldn’t be surprised if this is partly responsible for the high T2 prices, since few people are willing to haul to LS, and most indie guys don’t want to bother JFing moongoo themselves.

What’s so special about high sec that citadel owners don’t really own their citadels? Pro tips: nothing’s special about high sec and citadel owners have the same owning rights everywhere because anything else would be retarded.

Congratulation for having no valid opinion.

What do you guys think about an option to flag a structure as “Freeport”, a status which allows everyone to dock and has a 24 hour waiting period to be revoked. If Freeport is in the process of being revoked, the time remaining can be seen on the info screen.

Or perhaps a “Limited Freeport” state, which allows docking access to be revoked from individuals, but with a 24 hour grace period.

5 Likes

[quote=“Rivr_Luzade, post:10, topic:42191, full:true”] the overwhelming majority of contracts are scams
[/quote]

FTFY. The biggest problem with general hauling contracts. Too much of a pain in the ass to be worthwhile. It’s always been that way. “Haul this item 10 jumps away. but give me six billion first. It’s very important and fragile. Also, you can’t enter.”

Surely the responsibility of a hauler is to deliver the shipment on time to wherever but the contract issuer is responsible for making sure it’s possible to get the stuff delivered.
Irl you don’t get paid by a delivery company if you’re not home to collect your stuff.

If you change access list after your contract is accepted you should loose your collateral and hauler can drop of your package anywhere he wants

6 Likes

Its very hard to code that into contracts

I would like a return to sender option, if you realize it cant be done, you return it to the origional location, get back collat, and the only thing wasted is your time.

3 Likes

well, what if the original location is no more accessible ?

Get refunded the collateral and keep the package if both delivery origin and destination are un available. That is what real world parcel carriers do. You dont get your stamp money or envelope back from sending a christmas card to santa… Eve has got the mail service backwards. Again in real working distribution you have to insure your own package to prevent loss past a certain value point. The carrier says whoops here is the box its empty now… tuff luck. Im looking at you Fed-Ex

Why argue with a scammer. It’s obvious he’s running scam contracts with alts and want’s you to pick them up.